• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time To Face Facts, Folks....

Guest JulmisteForPrez

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,089
  • Days Won:  469

They're smoke and mirrors...problem is they had more smoke and mirrors than us...

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

...  But the season is young.

Agree ... and glad some on here are not our coach ... we would never win.

::)

I would be a great coach!  Rather than shutting the media out, I'd go T.O. on their collective arses, hiding any true measure of performance from my team for years!  Oh yes, my mouth would be bigger than ANYONES game.

While doing this, I'd lobby the school for more money, and hire offensive and defensive staff to do all the real work.  Believe it or not, I'm fairly good at selecting competent personnel, and have a few model theories I'd like to test out for doing so consistenly - pretty sure they'd work.  I'd give them enough credit/money to keep them around, but take the bulk of it so that the media keeps talking about how good I am.  Unless we're losing, then I'd just fire them.  I might even make up some story about how they attempted to entice players into illegal activities.  I'm pretty good at throwing in arbitrary detail to make stories believable.

Hmmm, now that I look at it, I should be careful what I put in writing.  If the UCF administration gets wind of this, I might be looking at a job offer 8-).

Guest JulmisteForPrez
Correct me if I am wrong...but I thought the Schiano induced Rutgers turnaround has taken five years...not that it really matters.

Yeah, five years IN NEW-STINKIN-JERSEY!

USF is sitting right in the middle of the deepest football talent pool in the country.  Schiano & Co. have to go every which way to find good talent.

And I am with everyone else who would like this "only 10 years old" thing to go away.  Is that what we tell our recruits, too?

"Well, Johnny, we think you would love it here at USF.  Yes, we know Rutgers is recruiting you also, but remember, we're only 10 years old!"

Boy, I'll bet that really has them coming in droves!

Thing is guys, now that we're in the BIG EAST and have BCS connections (and I know how much those three letters mean to some of you), it DOES NOT matter how long we've had a program.  Once we accepted the offer to play with the big boys, we forfeited our right to whine about being so new.

If we were going to use that for the first 20 years (or whatever) of our program, we should have either stayed in 1-AA or C-USA!!!

Stop the excuses.......stop the insanity!!

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

One thing to point out is our kicking game cost us again.  Benzer missed a 40 yarder, and thier kicker made 53 yarder...   :(

You can find many things to nit pick in a loss like this, but our kicker didn't cost us any more than the 3 turnovers did, or any more than the lack of a rush defense did.

It was a tough game. It was a good game. It's one we could have had.

Long season ahead. I'm sure a win next week will have everyone back thinking straight.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I'm not sold on Rutgers being the team the media is making them out to be. They have a great running game, but like most said before our game Teel isn't good, their defense is purous...

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Correct me if I am wrong...but I thought the Schiano induced Rutgers turnaround has taken five years...not that it really matters.

Yeah, five years IN NEW-STINKIN-JERSEY!

USF is sitting right in the middle of the deepest football talent pool in the country.  Schiano & Co. have to go every which way to find good talent.

And I am with everyone else who would like this "only 10 years old" thing to go away.  Is that what we tell our recruits, too?

"Well, Johnny, we think you would love it here at USF.  Yes, we know Rutgers is recruiting you also, but remember, we're only 10 years old!"

Boy, I'll bet that really has them coming in droves!

Thing is guys, now that we're in the BIG EAST and have BCS connections (and I know how much those three letters mean to some of you), it DOES NOT matter how long we've had a program.  Once we accepted the offer to play with the big boys, we forfeited our right to whine about being so new.

If we were going to use that for the first 20 years (or whatever) of our program, we should have either stayed in 1-AA or C-USA!!!

Stop the excuses.......stop the insanity!!

The length of time we have spent in D1A and the Big East isn't an excuse, but surely a reason  you'll see us struggle at times against the more establshed top ranked teams. Probably for at least another year or two.  To think anything else is simply naive.  Do you think you just turn on a switch the moment you enter a BCS conference like the BE and expect to magically have a roster full of blue chip high school recruits on the three deep roster at every position from SR all the way down to Freshman?  When we entered the Big East we were able to get the attention of better players that otherwise would have gone to other BCS schools because they wanted the chance to compete for a national championship or compete at the highest level.  

The problem (if you want to call it that) is in depth and experience.  We now have younger very good athletes.  Now those great athletes are playing against other great athletes that actually know how to play football because they have been practicing and competing at the BCS level for 4 and 5 years.  More established teams replace an Andre Hall with another good to great back.  We don't have that luxury yet.  Look at UL.  Bush goes down, they have 2 more guys almost as good.  Look at WVU.  Last year Bednarik goes down, White comes in.  2 years ago Rasheed marshall graduates and the next year he is replaced by Slaton.  Our top guys can run with any team in the country.  We still don't have the top to bottom depth to reload yet with BCS caliber talent because we haven't had the luxury of being able to recruit as a BCS team for even a full graduating class yet.

To think that being a relatively new team, especially new to BCS level play doesn't make a difference is a very naive statement  about college football.

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  551
  • Days Won:  1

Face it; we are a mid major school.  Recruiting therefore reflects that.  One year we have a running back and no QB.  This year we have a QB but no K and RB.  Next year will be something else and on and on.  The model to follow to get out of that mid major cycle is Louisville and to an extent Rutgers.  Without a full commitment $$ from the school we are going no where, and if we make the commitment now it will take time.  It took Louisville about 5 years.

I will continue to purchase season tickets as I have since day one, but .500 seasons (prediction) are getting old.  Go to this site and look at expenditures and revenues.

http://ope.ed.gov/ATHLETICS/Search.asp

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235

For all the talk about rutgers, that game proved to me they are no better than us.  In fact, I would rather take our team and with a little bit of tweaking I think it would be much better than Rutgers.

We really do need to get better on punting and kicking, and to have a running game where the backs could get even 60 or 70 yds per game would help out so much.

Even considering the turnovers and our running back situation, with the performance of Grothe, I'm full of confidence in this team for the future.  It won't be an easy road, but I would much rather be a Bull than a Scarlett Knight, or any other type of Knight.

Go Bulls!

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981
  • Days Won:  0

With all the opinions here I guess the lines are going to be jam packed for the CJL Show next week, and I hope Duemig can handle the call volume on Monday as well.  ::)

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  738

For this season, for this time period, Rutgers showed that they are clearly the no. 3 team in the Big East.  As much as I hate them, give them credit, they came to Tampa and beat us.  They are a legit offense.