• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are we looking at this QB?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

anybody know if we are looking into this Countryside guy? Lemming has him as a top 8 QB for 2005. We've got to keep the homegrown talent.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/news/story?id=1782098

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

We offered him, but he has some other schools in the lead at the moment.

I posted an article on him the other day where he discusses his choices.

Here is that article again:

Posted: May 1, 2004

The Wolfpack Lurks Behind  

New Husker Message

By Allen Wallace  

National Recruiting Editor  

"Also, there's a chance I could be a four-year starter if I went to Nebraska," says Florida QB Harrison Beck, who says the Huskers lead solidly over North Carolina State (already visited), Virginia (already visited), Iowa and Purdue. All have offered.

"Coaches from Miami (already visited), Florida (already visited) and LSU will all be at our spring practice next week and they told my coach that I should get offers from them..."  

Harrison Beck  

New Husker Message QB Harrison Beck (6-2, 210, 4.7) from Clearwater Country side (FL) says there's a 65% chance he'll end up playing for the Nebraska Cornuskers. "They have great tradition and great coaches," said Beck, who tripped to Lincoln where he was shocked to see 61,500 fans watching the Huskers air it out at their spring game.  

"Their offense really looked good. The coaches are putting out a good message to their players--that they are committed to the passing game. They have great facilities there, a big weight room and I know they give you a lot of academic support. They are always there to keep you studying and they have a good communications program--which is what I want to major in.

"Also, there's a chance I could be a four-year starter if I went to Nebraska," concludes Beck, who says the Huskers lead solidly over North Carolina State (already visited), Virginia (already visited), Iowa and Purdue. All have offered, as well as Arizona, Duke, South Florida, Michigan State and Maryland. Nebraska offered me first, back in Jan, and that's also a reason I like them. I'll also go to the Nebraska camp and maybe the Virginia camp too.

"My coach's (John Davis) son is Jay Davis and he's a QB at North Carolina St. I think he starts for them. So I'm always hearing about North Carolina State and their coaches are always in contact with my coaches. I also like the area there. And they have good up-tempo practices and they also run our offense. Only the terminology is a little different.

"Coaches from Miami (already visited), Florida (already visited) and LSU will all be at our spring practice next week and they told my coach that I should get offers from them. If those schools offer, they'll probably be in my top five, but I wouldn't put them ahead of Nebraska or North Carolina St.  

"I'll probably commit somewhere during the summer, before next season starts. I want to be able to focus on my team."

"I'd say my arm strength is my biggest asset. I can throw it 70 yds easily. And I read defenses well and have pretty good feet. When protection breaks down, I can make a play. I'm big in the fourth quarter when my team is down. I'm a leader.

"I can make every single read in the west coast offense, the stretches, the curl-flats and the high-lows. I can really come down on my reads and go through the progressions.

"I just need to fine tune things I think. I'd like to have a quicker drop. I also need to make sure that my feet are in the right position when I throw too.

"My parents don't have any preferences and I didn't follow any teams growing up. I have liked certain QBs though, like Brett Favre, Rex Grossman, Ken Dorsey and Philip Rivers."

3.5/920 SAT  

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

A top rated QB hoping to further his talents by attending Nebraska??? That makes as much sense as a RB signing with UF when Spurrier was there.

Guest pdiddyguest

Actually it makes alot of sense.  NE is switching to a west coast offense, and I'd be guessing they dont have many guys equipped to run that just sitting around.

If you were a running back and spurrier left florida, and the new coach said "im going to run the ball 70% of the time), where would you want to be?!  (bad example because its uf and nobody wants to be there, but you get the point :) )

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

point well taken pdiddy, I forgot about their HC change with the old Raiders HC bringing in the west coast offense.

Right now we have offered probably the best three Florida QB's for 2005. Based on what I have read, our best chance of landing one appears to be Carlton Hill.

I'd like to see us also go after some Top out of State QB's EARLY, so we don't have to rely strictly on Florida for landing someone.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Right now we have offered probably the best three Florida QB's for 2005. Based on what I have read, our best chance of landing one appears to be Carlton Hill.

It appears that Auburn is his top choice.

It appears that Auburn is his top choice.

Yes, it looks to be that way. But, we are right behind them unlike with Beck who has a bunch of teams ahead of us.

I think with USF going into a BCS conference, that we have to start making more of a national statement this year, to let kids from around the country know that USF is a player.