• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Are we for real...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  2

we will know this weekend.  There is a lot of discussion on this board about whether or not this team is for real or not because of our weak schedule the first 3 games.  I think this weekend will give us the answer.  We win and I believe we are looking at an 8-win season and a team that makes a statement that we are legitimate contenders.  We lose and we may be looking at a 5 or at most 6 win season.

My take, USF is full of PTP'ers that shine this weekend and we take care of business winning 27-20 on the road.

Go Bulls...prove me right.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If we can somehow manage to beat KU on road and RU at home, then we will be for real.  Until then, no, because we really haven't played very tough competition yet.  Although it is obvious we are getting better.

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah I think it's still a little early to tell...Rutgers win is a must, for sure.  We def have the ability to win against KU and UNC...I like how we don't start conference play until a little later on in the season.  Gives our young guys some experience before the pressure's REALLY on.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

who cares...just have fun.

if we lose every game for the rest of the year will you stop being a bulls fan?

lets just let the guys play the game.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

god forbid we lose the rest of the games this season-- I would just stop coming to this site entirely-- suicide watch is not entertaining

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

who cares...just have fun.

if we lose every game for the rest of the year will you stop being a bulls fan?

lets just let the guys play the game.  

why bother playing

most play to win

kansas is a big test.if usf loses to kansas

usf will lose to a much  better  rutgers

well most "fans" are so worried about what actually happens.  

i probably take a USF loss harder then most people on this board...but at the same time, im not going to turn in my usf license plate, or scrap off my USF sticket on my back window if we didnt win another game.

the players will do the best they can.  coaches will coach the best they can.  if it doesnt work out, well you know what, we will look at what we can do to fix it.  

to answer your question....YES WE ARE REAL!!

a real football team, with real fans, real players, real coaches.  fans cheer, players play, and coaches coach.  all these things will happen regardless of the outcome of the games.

if so sick of the fact that people are surprised we are 3-0.

come on...

FSU is 2-1, miami is 1-2, and they are asking for heads to roll.  we are 3-0 and the best our fans can do is ask...are we good?

we really havent played much, maybe 1 bowl team.  if UCF can get their act together.  we have atleast 4 more bowl teams left to play.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I doubt anyone is that surprised we are 3-0 at this point. But the teams we played do leave the door open to ponder-- "Are we any good or just fooling ourselves?

I think we are good. We are young and play hard. We may not have all the right pieces in place per se, but we can certainly play tough. Will that be enough? The next two games will be the ones to help us answer that question. But it will lead to more questions like "Are we good enough to beat Pitt?" , etc etc

I'm with you Rezz-- let's sit back and enjoy the ride. It's not like we control anything other than how we watch and cheer ont he team.

i will be happy with an 8-4 season.  if one of those losses is saturday then so be it.

we need not be so concerned with tommorrow as we need to be concerned with next week.   and that statement can be repeated everyweek for the next 3 years in my opinion.

BUILD BUILD BUILD