• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Steve Dumig is an idiot

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594
  • Days Won:  0

I am not a Duemig fan.

Yet I see his point.

The USF football program has basically taken a crap on the local media, and he's answering that by refusing to cover them. That's within his rights, and while it's not the step I'd take, I think it's reasonable.

Until Leavitt learns that you draw more flies with honey than vinegar, you'll see this at all levels of the media.

It blows my mind how inept we are at sports marketing at this university.

It doesn't make Duemig any less of an idiot, though. I just see where he's coming from.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

It blows my mind how inept we are at sports marketing at this university.

I would not be happy if my football coach took orders from a marketing guy.  ::)

This so-called media blackout is a joke. Leavitt was pissed for a few days. If someone wants to talk to Leavitt, he's available after each practice.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  545

And Deumig would not go to a press conference anyway so I don't see why it is such a big deal to him.  Plus after that first press conference Leavitt has not done it again and been ver accomadating to the media.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

Exactly alau !

And as Trip pointed out, what has Dummy done for us anyways ... NOTHING!

He's an idiot as the thread title stated ... and some try to blame USF for things on this thread.

::)

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

USF and Grothe were mentioned on XM yesterday.  TJ Reeves (sp) has a show on there and was taking about the Big East wins.  He spoke of the Big East player of the week, Grothe, and said USF might finally have their QB problems solved.  

That was positive coverage on a NATIONAL show.  

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

And Leavitt has appeared on Duemig at least twice from what I can remember.

Duemig is just looking for an excuse to NOT talk USF.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

I can understand where leavitt is coming from about not talking about the media....when guys like Bianchi write articles like his last about the Bulls, why would CJL want to address those a-holes...Duemig is not informed about USF sports at all and people rarely call about them....just a heads up, if youi want to screw with him like I do call his national show on sat mornings 10-12 about college football. Is he going to turn down a USF call on a national broadcast?? I do enjoy his show mostly but He is not one to take what he dishes out..especially when he is wrong about predictions....I shot the radio a bird when Duemig said UCF will roll USF...he hasnt watched USF games..he doesnt know the team...all he sees is scores...and Bianchi needs to comment abouit the UCF player getting arrested at a Dennys(during the season I might add)for causing a disturbance with cops...their "star" tailback gets suspended for the USF game then a DB gets roughed up by the police...all in a week....at least there was some time in between dumbass moments for USF players

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158

I have the best idea... we need to go Howard Stern on Duemig's ass.

You know... call up saying that you want to talk about the Gators... then in the middle of the call just start screaming out "USF RULES!  USF RULES!" until they hang up on you.

20 calls a day like that and Duemig will lose his f'in mind!   ;D ;D

• Topic Count:  597
  • Content Count:  6,557

I have the best idea... we need to go Howard Stern on Duemig's ass.

You know... call up saying that you want to talk about the Gators... then in the middle of the call just start screaming out "USF RULES!  USF RULES!" until they hang up on you.

20 calls a day like that and Duemig will lose his f'in mind!   ;D ;D

Technically that would be a "Richard Christy"

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I can understand where leavitt is coming from about not talking about the media....when guys like Bianchi write articles like his last about the Bulls, why would CJL want to address those a-holes...

It comes with the territory of making $1M a year. Bianchi's petty taunting of CJL is NOTHING compared to what Coker is receiving at Miami this week, or Jeff Bowden at FSU, or the beating Ron Zook took at UF before he was fired.

Every coach in the country deals with it. The Raleigh newspaper made a flash cartoon mocking Chuck Amato this week (i'll link it when I get time, it's funny) in which they basically say Phillip Rivers is the only reason he looked good.

I don't listen to much sports radio, it's the same thing rehashed 15 times over and is just local homers calling in giving their opinion as to why the Bucs are good or bad. I do know Steve Duemig however and he knows nothing about USF football outside of what his staff prepares him for.