• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  603
  • Content Count:  16,389
  • Days Won:  43

We dont need PJ to be fast to play RB. We need PJ to put some hurt on the defense while playing RB. William The Fridge Perry was not fast, but he sure got those short yards. PJ will just run right at you and run you over. To me PJ has made countless of great plays while running with the football. I dont see what the difference is. I actually think he will do better because Grothe now gives USF an air attack that we lacked during the last four years.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737
  • Days Won:  0

The difference is that while running as a qb PJ usually has time to get moving because the corners are back covering recievers when he rolls out (god knows why) but when lined up in an I-form he will have to hit the hole at full speed and I think he lacks the suddeness.  

I could definately see him used aka ruegger last year and catch some passes in the flat where he could get up speed and truck a few db's.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

Seems dorsey would be better if you want to hurt people.  I agree with Ean being tried at RB more.  I liked the variation we had on the running plays with the QB runs mixed in with end-arounds and up-the-middle.  adding Ean in there would really spice things up, as he is clearly the hardest guy to tackle when given any kind of space.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We should put PJ in at RB for a couple plays a game.  He's an athlete and I couldn't see him doing any worse than our current RBs.  We doin't have to have him in every play as  a RB, but just to give him some playijng time.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We should put PJ in at RB for a couple plays a game.  He's an athlete and I couldn't see him doing any worse than our current RBs.  We doin't have to have him in every play as  a RB, but just to give him some playijng time.

And your still one play away from having Gregory or Serevino as the back up, no thanks.  Also more fingers should be pointing to the o-line its not like the RBs are missing holes or cut backs, theres really just nothing there.  Also expect a big decline in grothe's rushing numbers as we play better disciplined defenses because those teams will play their assignments and not the ball being in the gut off the RB while Grothe makes the read.  

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

Two things:

Sometimes i wonder if people think when they make suggestions like this.

The correct answer is "no".  For the past year and a half, it's been - whatever thought

pops into someones head is going to find its way to the board.

2. You don't take a known commodity..a great backup QB...and squander him for no good

reason. As pointed out above,  why not just take any player who isn't starting and plug

them in anywhere you need a body? Primarily, because of the investment! Pat is where

he needs to be. His experience and leadership in a back-up role, are just what USF

needs with a freshman QB running the show.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

enough with these stupid ideas, this isn't Madden 06. The guy is our backup QB and only backup QB at that. We have guys on the roster that play RB already, leave well enough alone.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

By the way, Ill say it here, Ponton will be back for Rutgers.

The suspensions are reportedly six games.  Are you just pulling this out of thin air or do you know something?

Thinking back, weren’t you one of the posters who knew about the original suspensions?

Hmmmmm...