• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387
  • Days Won:  0

Who knows when Ponton will be back? Our present RBs will probably break out but why not give Pat a shot at RB? He's a proven runner, a team player, and by having him in the backfield, a whole set of options become available. I just think he's too good a talent and just being ready in case Matt goes down is not making the best use of his wide variety of skills.

Just a thought.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Sometimes i wonder if people think when they make suggestions like this.  If we move Pat to RB and he gets hurt we have Gregory and Serivino as our back up if Grothe goes down.  We run alot of plays where Grothe is the primary runner which with him being undersized could come back to haunt us with an injury to him.  Its alot of ifs but ill take having a experienced back up and trial by fire at RB then having to throw another young kid in there at QB. Remember not every young or inexperienced QB has as mush success as Grothe has when they are throw to the wolves.  

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254

Not too mention jsut because you are a decent runner at the QB position, it doesn't make you fit to play RB. I don't think he has enough quickness or speed to be a back.

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

He's big enough to play FB, but you'll never see it.  We'll just have to bite the bullet unitl Ponton gets back.  

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Sometimes i wonder if people think when they make suggestions like this.  If we move Pat to RB and he gets hurt we have Gregory and Serivino as our back up if Grothe goes down.  We run alot of plays where Grothe is the primary runner which with him being undersized could come back to haunt us with an injury to him.  Its alot of ifs but ill take having a experienced back up and trial by fire at RB then having to throw another young kid in there at QB. Remember not every young or inexperienced QB has as mush success as Grothe has when they are throw to the wolves.  

Agree with this 100%.  We can't afford to lose PJ to injury.  If Matt went down, and Pat wasn't available, we would be in a world of hurt.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,394
  • Days Won:  43

Umm, I dont think Pat will get hurt playing RB. I think the other team's defense will be the ones that are hurt if Pat gets a chance. Heck, it may be the only chance Pat will get to see the field, so I say move him to RB for now. If both Grothe and Pat get hurt then you can say it was just a tough bad luck year. Why not take chances??? UL did the same with Bush, and it turned out to be a good thing before he got injured. Sometimes I think our coaches are too conservative and layed back.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I think Julmiste is not a running back.  He's probably slower than Grothe, and he's definitely not quick enough to play RB.  Running when coverage is too good and the D-line is past you is one thing, being handed off to is quite another.  

It is unfortunate that he doesnt have a place to play, but he is our backup QB right now.  That's his job right now.  Feel sorry for him if you want, worry about our running game if you want, but Julmiste is not a RB.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Not to mention you'd have to teach PJ to pick up the blitz.

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  737

PJ is too long legged and slow to play rb.  He has good speed when he gets going but it takes a while.  If he had moved a couple years back he could have been a good h-back type.

I agree Denson could be tried at rb, or hill if he was still here (probably to tall though)  The guy I would like to see line up at rb is Ean, and put dorsey in there more to give us some size.

By the way, Ill say it here, Ponton will be back for Rutgers.