• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does This Guy Ever Stop?(Bianchi)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

"This one hurts a lot more than getting beat 42-nothing by Florida," UCF quarterback Steven Moffett said after his team's 24-17 loss to USF. "This was a game we wanted to win badly. This one went down to the wire. This one was for bragging rights."

Bragging rights.....to WHAT?

fun game? yeah it was fun, good crowd? sure but bragging rights? I still fail to see the importance of this game. Are we bragging that we are the best team that isn't FSU, UM or UF? wow, some accomplishment....or maybe that we are the best team within 90 miles? sounds like a high school rivalry . Really, can someone explain to me what we achieved in this game and what we are bragging about.

This was nothing more than a well attended game against a team that nobody in the country cares about. We got the W and that is always great, but we have nothing to "brag" about....if we beat UL or WVU THEN we can brag. I also promise you if we win either one of those games we'll pointing out those games to show our achievements and there will hardly be more then a footnote to the ucf game.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

oh and before someone starts, don't give me some Lsu-Tulane line either, that aint gonna be a 50 year home and home series like true rivalries are.

You do know that LSU-Tulane have played 94 times...basically annually since the beginning of time.

Plus...they will now play again annually for the next 10-12 years...and most likely beyond.

Better pick a different series to comment on...you know...one that you might actually know something about.

KL

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

oh and before someone starts, don't give me some Lsu-Tulane line either, that aint gonna be a 50 year home and home series like true rivalries are.

You do know that LSU-Tulane have played 94 times...basically annually since the beginning of time.

Plus...they will now play again annually for the next 10-12 years...and most likely beyond.

Better pick a different series to comment on...you know...one that you might actually know something about.

KL

Stop the hype. The Tulane "home" game is really a home game for LSU, just at a different stadium ......

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

"This one hurts a lot more than getting beat 42-nothing by Florida," UCF quarterback Steven Moffett said after his team's 24-17 loss to USF. "This was a game we wanted to win badly. This one went down to the wire. This one was for bragging rights."

fun game? yeah it was fun, good crowd? sure but bragging rights? I still fail to see the importance of this game.

Then, I don't think you can be helped.

Also...its easy to tell that you are not an USF Football Assistant Coach who has to recruit in FLA.

KL

• Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

fun game? yeah it was fun, good crowd? sure but bragging rights? I still fail to see the importance of this game.

Also...its easy to tell that you are not an USF Football Assistant Coach who has to recruit in FLA.

KL

I'm sure one of the top things on our recruiters' list is the outcome of this game .........  ;D

KL

Winning any game is important for recruiting however we already have the advantage without even playing this game so I see no advantage there. However, what I was asking is from the Moffit's quote of "bragging rights" and as of yet I haven't heard a single answer to what we can brag about by winning this game. Nothing but vague non-answers from everyone, so again I'll ask.... winning this game gives "bragging rights" to what exactly?

Winning any game is important for recruiting however we already have the advantage without even playing this game so I see no advantage there. However, what I was asking is from the Moffit's quote of "bragging rights" and as of yet I haven't heard a single answer to what we can brag about by winning this game. Nothing but vague non-answers from everyone, so again I'll ask.... winning this game gives "bragging rights" to what exactly?

"We're #4!!"  Doesn't do it for you?? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Essentially USF can brag that we are, in fact, ahead of UCF.  Confirming Paul Griffin's quote - and the thoughts of most people on here.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

The bragging rights are more for the players than the fans or athletic department.   Alot of the players are friends and know each other and have played with and/or against each other for years so of course a win is more important to them in terms of bragging rights.  

• Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

FIU gave us a tougher game, imo. We should be bragging about that one I suppose.

"We're #4!!"  Doesn't do it for you?? ;-) ;-) ;-)

Essentially USF can brag that we are, in fact, ahead of UCF.  Confirming Paul Griffin's quote - and the thoughts of most people on here.

Nope sorry, being 4th best doesn't get me jumping for joy, it's just a step not a goal. I also believe that our conference affiliation made that an easy sell with or without the game so all this game does is allow them the opportunity to say it aint so.

If we beat UL or WVU then we've accomplished something, as of now we have yet to beat a team worth pounding our chest over.