• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does This Guy Ever Stop?(Bianchi)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

USF has better talent than UCF right now, imo. Our talent however is not as experienced (19 returning starters for UCF). Yet we still handled them.

Hey-- I'll admit that to the kids on the team this is probably a game that matters since they get to play against guys they may have played with or against in HS and before then.

But does it make it the right move for USF in the long run? That's the part you are overlooking. Why does USF have to completely destroy UCF for others to see this as an unnecessary game? Yeah-- it brings in a decent gate, provides a small amount of controversy, and was a decent enough game to watch (so were our first two games). But USF is in a transition phase while UCF is starting to peak. Next year and the year after that, you can bet USF will beat them pretty handily.

What we are concerned with is that this game becoming an annual event is setting us up for a problem. The problem is they may beat us at some point. Maybe it's ten years from now-- maybe it's next year-- who knows. But if/when we lose to them, you can beat the world won't give a crap that we beat them the first ten times-- they will care about the "FINALLY" moment-- as if that marks the inclusion of UCF into our world. A world that we have busted our asses to get to and want to continue to grow.

So while some may have grand plans of wanting to see the contest, just remember that it has conditions you may be overlooking. Losing to a team like UCF would set us back more than you want to believe, imo.

PS-- it's ok to have this disagreement-- that's healthy. Let's just understand that ultimately it is up to the USF AD and coach what direction this program takes. All our opinions will not matter much unless we are big donors who have that kind of pull (doubtful).

Ive actually stated in other threads the rivalry factor only matters to students and players.  I myself used to want this to be a rivalry/annual but after thinking it over during the past weekend i agree that its a stepping stone and doesnt need to be an annual.  I was just upset about calling it a tune up when a tune up is against a team that is far below your talent level, like Mcneese and FIU.  The teams are close in talent level right now but that gap will continue to expand in our favor as our young guys get more experience.  But to call this game a tune up (using my definition) isnt true at all.  That was a pretty evenly matched game talent wise and if you didnt see that i dont know what game you guys were watching.  Please dont point to mistakes like the dropped td etc either UCF had their share on under and over throwing open recievers that could have entirely changed the complexion of that game.    

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic