• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Those who want UCF series are shortsighted

So, since we will be playing TWO GAMES against mid-majors every year, do you want them to be Buffalo, Ball State or UCF?

At least we would not be painting ourselves into a corner with those three or any other team.  We could play any number of teams and walk away at the end of the contract.  Why can't we walk away from CDOA's UCF?

It's a matter of since we desire to play lesser teams, why can't it be UCF?

I could understand if he was going after the Toledos and Northern Illinois and Southern Mississippies and TCUs ... the better of the mid majors... but to go after more teams like FIU, I don't quite understand that.

This thread - and my incredulity - would not be as significant if the teams replacing UCF were at least of even UCF's caliber.

And there's nothing that says we can't walk away from UCF games in the future - for the right reasons.  Ball State, Buffalo, and Western Kentucky are not the right reasons.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

I for one will be happy when we don't play UCF again.  All of you that love this series better enjoy the final 3 games of it, becasue it won't happen long term.

Cool. 'Cause I can't wait for those Buffalo and Ball State games!!!

;-) ;-) ;-)

Sorry to disagree with the people that only want games that be driven round trip on one tank of gas.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We are not leaving UCF to play the ball states.  I say again those games are only 2 game series and are fillers.  We are leaving because we are dreaming bigger things than playing an annual CDOA series.

There are deals with so many more schools in the works. But everyone wants to focus on UCF.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

There are deals with so many more schools in the works. But everyone wants to focus on UCF.

Not everyone ..... just the media and the UCF fans ..... who blur together at times.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

I would be a little more relenting if we had scheduled an Iowa, Wisconsin, or even a Texas A&M. But no where, I mean no where are we going to get better by playing 2nd rate teams. I'm sorry. But I feel the program took a major step backwards. 1. It will hurt fan base. USF fans are getting pretty upset by us playing NON D1 teams at home. I know we need tune ups, but these teams are not tune ups. In order to play at a level of competition, you need to schedule competition.( ie look at the attendance for the two games we just had. PITIFULL!!!) Need I say more! 2. Recruiting. This is a major blow to recruits coming. THEY SEE what type of competition we are playing. Look at our old pals So. Miss. They play top notch caliber teams. That's why year in and year out they are good. So what if they lose out to a powerhouse. It makes them stronger towards the middle and end of the season. I am sorry to say boys, the days of the "trailer" mentality is gone.  

We may not be short sighted not wanting to play UCF. I for one think this game should continue. But we are blind if we replace UCF with mediocrity.   Reaper

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

It's a matter of since we desire to play lesser teams, why can't it be UCF?

I think I just gave one of many reasons.  Ball State does not want a rivalry with us nor do we with them - that makes us  compatible.  Not that I am for playing Ball State, but that illustrates my point.  Why must we lock ourselves into UCF?

And there's nothing that says we can't walk away from UCF games in the future...

Risking the scorn of The Trib and the Sentinel and potentially the state legislature is enough for me...imagine the pressure if we tried to walk away further down the road?

I would be a little more relenting if we had scheduled an Iowa, Wisconsin, or even a Texas A&M. But no where, I mean no where are we going to get better by playing 2nd rate teams. I'm sorry. But I feel the program took a major step backwards. 1. It will hurt fan base. USF fans are getting pretty upset by us playing NON D1 teams at home. I know we need tune ups, but these teams are not tune ups. In order to play at a level of competition, you need to schedule competition.( ie look at the attendance for the two games we just had. PITIFULL!!!) Need I say more! 2. Recruiting. This is a major blow to recruits coming. THEY SEE what type of competition we are playing. Look at our old pals So. Miss. They play top notch caliber teams. That's why year in and year out they are good. So what if they lose out to a powerhouse. It makes them stronger towards the middle and end of the season. I am sorry to say boys, the days of the "trailer" mentality is gone.  

We may not be short sighted not wanting to play UCF. I for one think this game should continue. But we are blind if we replace UCF with mediocrity.   Reaper

I always see so. piss ranked. or maybe not.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

But I feel the program took a major step backwards.

Perhaps you don't realize we have done nothing...the story was about "proposed schedules," who knows if it will ever come to pass in the form it was reported or in any other form.  

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

So, since we will be playing TWO GAMES against mid-majors every year, do you want them to be Buffalo, Ball State or UCF?

At least we would not be painting ourselves into a corner with those three or any other team.  We could play any number of teams and walk away at the end of the contract.  Why can't we walk away from CDOA's UCF?

Exactly, mix them in here and there but don't commit regularly to any of them.