• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Have we kept the O and D vanilla thus far?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

On the flip side, hopefully we have some good tape on ucf from the UF game. I'm sure they pulled everything out in hopes of an upset.  After they knew they had no chance they likely shut it down....based on the score maybe we DONT have much tape on them.  

This will be and advantage for us.  They had to bring everything and the kitchen sink in their game plan to even have a prayer to beat UF, we on the other hand looked very vanilla especially on defense.  Eventhough UCF was out classed we will have an idea of what to expect on game day while if we just open our offense up a bit and play with some aggressive blitz schemes and play more zone coverages what they see on game day will be nothing like the tape they have.  

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Beastie, I think its the opposite.  I don't think UCF showed anything in that loss to UF.  They were down big early and played very vanilla from what I hear.  Neither team has shown much.  

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Beastie, I think its the opposite.  I don't think UCF showed anything in that loss to UF.  They were down big early and played very vanilla from what I hear.  Neither team has shown much.  

the game didnt get out of hand till the 2nd qtr so atleat we have 1qtr which is better than none

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

We ran that out pattern to the sideline about 7 times too many vs. FIU (and got burned.)

We didn't appear to blitz very much vs either FIU or Mcneese.  Also appeared to stay in a very base defense, allowing 1 on 1 coverage in the secondary on a regular basis.  

We've handed off from the shotgun and ran up the middle, oh, I don't know, what feels like 70% of the time.  

The one time we did get creative (Taurus' end around) it worked out great.  

Question is do we think we are keeping vanilla due to lack of knowledge of the offense, or for ucf's "benefit"?  After all we all  know how CJL feels about the tinmen.  

a myth my friend

you want to practice what you plan on doing the year during first 2 games

the bulls have no tricks to pull out of their hats

they just need to play to their talent level and they should be able to handle ftu/ou/oc

there is no sceret weapon!

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

we heard this crap 2 years ago anf ended up 4-7

this dog does not hunt ::)

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

we heard this crap 2 years ago anf ended up 4-7

this dog does not hunt ::)

That was mainly due to a very young D in 2004. We have a young O now with some playmakers. The D will keep us in enough games while the O gels.

We certainly haven't shown much on either side of the ball to this point. I expect to see differrent looks this weekend.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

well, im sure there are some plays that we have kept under wraps (we  havent run any "trick" plays yet and we know how rod loves those)

one thing that bugs me is that we havent thrown the ball downfield AT ALL!!!

if your running game is medicore, which ours is right now, then you need to stretch the field and keep the safeties honest.  i say first offensive play of the game we see something go down field for a big knockout off the bat.