• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SG PROVIDED A SERVICE and should be thanked

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

So now its the Oracles fault?? We have known about this game until since what 3 years ago...I just find it funny, that no one who isnt a part of "Something" didnt know anything about it til after the fact...

Doesn't seem funny to me. I only know what of the ticket debaucle I read on this board, but what I do know is that working on a college campus, if you want to reach the bulk of the non-transactional students, outreach to student organizations is the way to go. There's no harm in that. Being an involved student has many privileges through one's college career and beyond. Looks like this was one of them.

People who are in organized groups tend to be easy to communicate with.  Thats exactly what happened.  

No one is perfect guys... of course SG could have done things different AND better, but SG had never done this before... and we have learned from it.  I only see positive good results to come.  Can't say that SG and others arn't trying to help get people to athletic events!

Next on the list is the campus signage policy... so that athletics can put up signage during the week and day of the game (they arn't allowed to right now).

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

you can most definetly blame SG for this.  the reason we can blame them is they didn't put a cap on the amount of tickets a person could buy.  you can't blame the greeks, they organized and did what they had to do.  if they show up, they show up, if not we lost some attendance at the game.  i am part of three campus organizations, and did not know anything about the tickets being sold until it was too late.  poor job by both the oracle for not running the ads and SG for not setting a cap and for not making sure they ran.  you see the ads not in the paper, call the oracle, tell talk to them.  its that easy.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

So now its the Oracles fault?? We have known about this game until since what 3 years ago...I just find it funny, that no one who isnt a part of "Something" didnt know anything about it til after the fact...

Doesn't seem funny to me. I only know what of the ticket debaucle I read on this board, but what I do know is that working on a college campus, if you want to reach the bulk of the non-transactional students, outreach to student organizations is the way to go. There's no harm in that. Being an involved student has many privileges through one's college career and beyond. Looks like this was one of them.

People who are in organized groups tend to be easy to communicate with.  Thats exactly what happened.  

No one is perfect guys... of course SG could have done things different AND better, but SG had never done this before... and we have learned from it.  I only see positive good results to come.  Can't say that SG and others arn't trying to help get people to athletic events!

Next on the list is the campus signage policy... so that athletics can put up signage during the week and day of the game (they arn't allowed to right now).

I think this is all that anyone is looking for....accountability. Admit you messed up and improve. I think that is fair. This game is not going to change anyone's life, whether they paid $5 for the ticket, $30 for the ticket, or they do not show up. The point is to learn from the mistakes, not defend them, and grow as student body leaders. Kudos to you and your org for conjuring up the idea, and hear is to smoother sailing in the future.....GO BULLS!!!!!

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

I think this is all that anyone is looking for....accountability. Admit you messed up and improve. I think that is fair. This game is not going to change anyone's life, whether they paid $5 for the ticket, $30 for the ticket, or they do not show up. The point is to learn from the mistakes, not defend them, and grow as student body leaders. Kudos to you and your org for conjuring up the idea, and hear is to smoother sailing in the future.....GO BULLS!!!!!

Touche.    Well, I dodn't mess up anything... but I wasn't involved, haha...  ;)

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

5)  If tickets were to go on sale Monday and you put an ad in Monday's paper, most students aren't going to see the paper until it's already too late.  How about advertising in advance.  All of you rip on the athletic department for how we advertise I can't imagine the comments people like (I don't want to give names) would be making towards us right now.  Instead he's defending his kind.

[highlight]Ad's were supposed to be in advance.  Again, Oracle did not run them, I assume they didn't like SG much. [/highlight]

Ok....the Ads were suppose to run in advance, so let's just say they were planned to be run sometime last week.

Let's pick a day last week for excercise sake: Wednesday, Sept 6th

Since those at SG responsible for advertising and/or this special discount tix promotion noticed that the ad wasn't in the Sept 6th edition...they could of easily followed up and made sure it would make the Thursday, Sept 7th edition.

Since those at SC responsibille for advertising and/or this special discount tix promotion noticed that the ad wasn't in the Sept 7th edition...they could of easily followed up and made sure it would make it into the Friday, Sept 8th edition.

Since those at SG responsible for advertising and/or this special discount tix promotion noticed that the ad wasn't in the Sept 8th edition...they could of easily followed up and made sure it would make it into the Monday, Sept 11th edition.

Also, since USF gets a few free plugs oabout school activities/programs/event on the Video Board at RJS, and since that it was the ORACLE's fault that they didn't run the ad for this special discount tix promotion....USF could of made this information available to all the students that attended the USF-FIU game on Saturday night.

So again...it was the ORACLE that blew it?

Ok.

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  433

Knowing the Oracle very well, i know they would not just not run an ad in which SG paid to run.  A lot of groups don't like the oracle and the oracle my not like student government, who knows! but they sure do like money!

try again with another excuse.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

you can most definetly blame SG for this.  the reason we can blame them is they didn't put a cap on the amount of tickets a person could buy.  you can't blame the greeks, they organized and did what they had to do.  if they show up, they show up, if not we lost some attendance at the game.  i am part of three campus organizations, and did not know anything about the tickets being sold until it was too late.  poor job by both the oracle for not running the ads and SG for not setting a cap and for not making sure they ran.  you see the ads not in the paper, call the oracle, tell talk to them.  its that easy.

well many student organizations were informed. I also sent a message to the President of the Student Bulls Club. You are a member of the SBC correct?