• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Way to go SGA...AGAIN!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662
  • Days Won:  0

I got my $5 tickets and even though it's a real shame the frats and other groups got together and did that, I still think it's awesome that SG was able to bring them for such an affordable price. But for next time, I think that groups of 10 or more (or even 20 or more) need to have their own group packages and group rates for away games, just to keep things fair.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Again, nothing wrong with what the frats did, hell if I had connections like that, why not? But it just sucks that for the rest of us, that were willing to stand in line, maybe even cut class to do so, that you guys didnt set a cap, thats all Im saying...Ohhh and I forgot to mention the jackasses, that after they bought their tickets, went back to the rest of us still waiting, and offeredt to sell them for 20 bucks  >:(

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Ohhh and I forgot to mention the jackasses, that after they bought their tickets, went back to the rest of us still waiting, and offeredt to sell them for 20 bucks  >:(

So you saw them being scalped????  What morons (in general, not relegated towards any specific organization)

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566

Ohhh and I forgot to mention the jackasses, that after they bought their tickets, went back to the rest of us still waiting, and offeredt to sell them for 20 bucks  >:(

So you saw them being scalped????  What morons (in general, not relegated towards any specific organization)

yah, but I dont think it was the guys who bought hundreds of them, but yah, these guys were being real jerks...

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I was more than willing to lay down $30 for a ticket, so buy it at $20 would have saved me $10.... but, luckly enough I got a seat for $5.

Da Bulls!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

It's yet to be seen as to whether 1250 USF students are going to be going to the game.  Since you have no accountabliity as to which "students" are going to be attending, we could have many HCC, U Tampa, and others not even in college sitting with their friends.  Those are my A and S dollars paying for a program that is quite probably not benefitting my fellow students.  That's just not right.

And I am offended by your statement saying that no one was harmed, and for your sake hope that you don't speak on the behalf of the Student Government.  Waiting in line for two hours to not receive a ticket because because over 1/3 of the allotment was swallowed by one person is offensive, and if you can't see that you are derelict in your duty representing the USF student body.  

If the other 391 people he bought tickets for reallyhad wanted to attend this game they should have been standing in line with him.  But as it is, we have no idea who will be sitting in this theoretical "USF" section... becuase you and Student Government created a system with absolutely no accountability.  

Exactly there is no gurantee that students of USF will be in those seats.  Just because you have a U number doesnt mean the peoiple in the seats will match up with those u numbers.  THE SYSTEM WAS FLAWED AS FAR AS MAKING SURE THAT WE GET STUDENTS THERE THAT WANT TO BE THERE AND ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM.  If this dude had 300+ u numbers and those students really wanted to go THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN LINE JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER STUDENTS THAT WERE WAITING THERE.  Its not a matter of other people should have got their eariler. What if the one guy had 300 numbers and the next had u numbers for the remaining tickets, how in the world is a system that would allow a situation like that to happen fair?  SG needs to get off their collective knees as they blew this one BIG TIME.  

needs to be said in this thread too

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

It's yet to be seen as to whether 1250 USF students are going to be going to the game.  Since you have no accountabliity as to which "students" are going to be attending, we could have many HCC, U Tampa, and others not even in college sitting with their friends.  Those are my A and S dollars paying for a program that is quite probably not benefitting my fellow students.  That's just not right.

And I am offended by your statement saying that no one was harmed, and for your sake hope that you don't speak on the behalf of the Student Government.  Waiting in line for two hours to not receive a ticket because because over 1/3 of the allotment was swallowed by one person is offensive, and if you can't see that you are derelict in your duty representing the USF student body.  

If the other 391 people he bought tickets for reallyhad wanted to attend this game they should have been standing in line with him.  But as it is, we have no idea who will be sitting in this theoretical "USF" section... becuase you and Student Government created a system with absolutely no accountability.  

Exactly there is no gurantee that students of USF will be in those seats.  Just because you have a U number doesnt mean the peoiple in the seats will match up with those u numbers.  THE SYSTEM WAS FLAWED AS FAR AS MAKING SURE THAT WE GET STUDENTS THERE THAT WANT TO BE THERE AND ARE PASSIONATE ABOUT THIS PROGRAM.  If this dude had 300+ u numbers and those students really wanted to go THEN THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN LINE JUST LIKE ALL THE OTHER STUDENTS THAT WERE WAITING THERE.  Its not a matter of other people should have got their eariler. What if the one guy had 300 numbers and the next had u numbers for the remaining tickets, how in the world is a system that would allow a situation like that to happen fair?  SG needs to get off their collective knees as they blew this one BIG TIME.  

needs to be said in this thread too

The system did what we intended it to do... create a frenzy for UCF tickets.  Thats all.  It's getting a lot more students interested, we are getting press (which good or bad... it is getting th word out about our efforts to get people tickets... since the Oracle STILL won't print our ad's), and 1250 students got $5 tickets.  

We could have just allowed student groups to buy the tickets, like the orgional plan alloted for.  But, this way... a demand was created and our students will end up sitting at that dran Citrus Bowl in the end.

You can't have my job (external lobbyist) but if you would like to run this program... submit an application.  We hire all the time!  ;)

Or... become a Senator... we need people who will express their opinions and get vocal.  Try it out... inquire in the SG office - monthly senate elections.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

So you guys would rather have created a buzz then made sure our best fans that were willing to actually stand in line and in some if not alot of cases skip class so they could be there to support our program get tickets?  Yes you created a buzz, a buzz that a bunch of students are pretty irate about this whole situation.  You shouldnt be looking at creating a buzz you should be looking at getting the most passionate fans in seats over at the citrus bowl!  How passionate can you be about a program when you arent even willing to stand in line for a ticket?  Mean while all those other kids were standing there wainting in line skipping class work ect just to go and support this program.  Last time i checked the SG was supposed to look out for the good of the ENTIRE student body not just orgs and the greeks.  For all the time i have been at this school it seems as though the SG panders to the greeks and the Orgs to secure their votes and really could careless about the average student at this school.  You telling me to come submit an application is like when people say **** Grothe made a bad throw and someone turns to them and says you get behind center and do it.  That approach gets nothing done but allow the poor performance to continue.  How about instead of being passive aggressive about it and trying to blame us students for not submitting app and running, how about the people that are already there do their jobs and look out for ALL students not just select groups.  Ah yes government in this country federal, student, local, where the politicians only care about you when its time to vote.  Face it no matter how much you say you wanted to create a buzz which you did you guys blew this one and sent alot of passionate fans away while people who dont even care enough to wait in line will have tickets to this game.  Im sure those same fans will be in the stands if we fall behind like the FIU game and not leave for the exits like so many did  ::) .  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

So you guys would rather have created a buzz then made sure our best fans that were willing to actually stand in line and in some if not alot of cases skip class so they could be there to support our program get tickets?  Yes you created a buzz, a buzz that a bunch of students are pretty irate about this whole situation.  You shouldnt be looking at creating a buzz you should be looking at getting the most passionate fans in seats over at the citrus bowl!  How passionate can you be about a program when you arent even willing to stand in line for a ticket?  Mean while all those other kids were standing there wainting in line skipping class work ect just to go and support this program.  Last time i checked the SG was supposed to look out for the good of the ENTIRE student body not just orgs and the greeks.  For all the time i have been at this school it seems as though the SG panders to the greeks and the Orgs to secure their votes and really could careless about the average student at this school.  You telling me to come submit an application is like when people say **** Grothe made a bad throw and someone turns to them and says you get behind center and do it.  That approach gets nothing done but allow the poor performance to continue.  How about instead of being passive aggressive about it and trying to blame us students for not submitting app and running, how about the people that are already there do their jobs and look out for ALL students not just select groups.  Ah yes government in this country federal, student, local, where the politicians only care about you when its time to vote.  Face it no matter how much you say you wanted to create a buzz which you did you guys blew this one and sent alot of passionate fans away while people who dont even care enough to wait in line will have tickets to this game.  Im sure those same fans will be in the stands if we fall behind like the FIU game and not leave for the exits like so many did  ::) .  

Did you get tickets? If not why? Why did you not get in line earlier on day 2? Maybe the policy was flawed. (I am not saying it was or it wasn't) but we cant change it in the middle of a sale. If you wanted the tickets you would have gotten them.