• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greek Idiot!

Guest R_to_the_izzo

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

BullGrad mostly I was kidding, I have plenty of friends today that were greek.  I give them plenty of crap for it as well.  But you argue your point all wrong because...

Its funny how 10 years after my graduation my closest friends are the ones I "met".  I think I should be telling you to get a clue.  

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

SG inetionally left off a cap.  We did not mess up... we did exactly what we planned to do.

Student Oraganizations were more than welcome to buy tickets for all members.  We did, at first, plan on limiting it to Student Org... which is NOT a violation of Florida Statue or SG Statue.  I order to be an A&S funded org... you must be open to any and all students.  Greeks would have been excluded at that point.  

The point of this project was to get students motivated to attend the game.  Contraversal or not... it got the job done... legally and ethicly.  No one was "harmed,"  and 1250 students are going to the UCF game for only $5.  ANY group of students or organization could have collected names and numbers and bought bulk.  If the Oracle had run the ad's that we paid for... everyone would have known that.  BUT, they did not run any of our ad's.  Nice.

Anyway... our latest statement:

As stated in Monday's announcement, the Executive Office of the President lobbied the senate budget committee and was approved for the purchase of 750 additional tickets for the UCF v. USF football game. These tickets, which went on sale at 1:00 p.m. Tuesday afternoon, sold out within thirty minutes of availability.

In response to an influx of interest from various students, Student Government is currently working with the Department of Ticket Sales at UCF to provide students with discounted tickets at group rates.

As of 5:00 pm, Tuesday afternoon, Student Government is anticipating an answer regarding ticket discounts from UCF. Please refer to the Student Government website within the next 24 hours for further updates (http://www.sg.usf.edu)

If you have any questions or need immediate assistance, please email Whitney Griffin at wgriffin@sg.usf.edu.

Please do not inquire within the Student Government Office.  The office is a small workplace in which staff must be able to complete work.  Appointments and necessary meetings are always welcome.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  4

It's yet to be seen as to whether 1250 USF students are going to be going to the game.  Since you have no accountabliity as to which "students" are going to be attending, we could have many HCC, U Tampa, and others not even in college sitting with their friends.  Those are my A and S dollars paying for a program that is quite probably not benefitting my fellow students.  That's just not right.

And I am offended by your statement saying that no one was harmed, and for your sake hope that you don't speak on the behalf of the Student Government.  Waiting in line for two hours to not receive a ticket because because over 1/3 of the allotment was swallowed by one person is offensive, and if you can't see that you are derelict in your duty representing the USF student body.  

If the other 391 people he bought tickets for reallyhad wanted to attend this game they should have been standing in line with him.  But as it is, we have no idea who will be sitting in this theoretical "USF" section... becuase you and Student Government created a system with absolutely no accountability.  

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

It's yet to be seen as to whether 1250 USF students are going to be going to the game.  Since you have no accountabliity as to which "students" are going to be attending, we could have many HCC, U Tampa, and others not even in college sitting with their friends.  Those are my A and S dollars paying for a program that is quite probably not benefitting my fellow students.  That's just not right.

And I am offended by your statement saying that no one was harmed, and for your sake hope that you don't speak on the behalf of the Student Government.  Waiting in line for two hours to not receive a ticket because because over 1/3 of the allotment was swallowed by one person is offensive, and if you can't see that you are derelict in your duty representing the USF student body.  

If the other 391 people he bought tickets for reallyhad wanted to attend this game they should have been standing in line with him.  But as it is, we have no idea who will be sitting in this theoretical "USF" section... becuase you and Student Government created a system with absolutely no accountability.  

I was going to respond with my own thoughts but bulletguy hit it pretty much dead on.  

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

So hang on a minute. None of you were willing to go when it cost $30 to buy a ticket. Now you all are coming out of the woodwork when it cost $5? What kind of school spirit is that? Do you only root for USF when it's financially convenient? You should see how much it costs for us out of staters to travel to a road game.

I already bought my ticket for $30 before this fiasco.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

Anybody had the opertunity to buy as many tickets as they had valid U#'s for. If they changed the rules after day 1 then we would have people upset that they couldnt buy tix for friends. SG did a great job getting 1250 students to the game. If you weren't one of them maybe you should have gotten in line a little earlier.

Anybody had the opertunity to buy as many tickets as they had valid U#'s for. If they changed the rules after day 1 then we would have people upset that they couldnt buy tix for friends. SG did a great job getting 1250 students to the game. If you weren't one of them maybe you should have gotten in line a little earlier.

If you are 2nd in line and the guy in front of you buys all the tickets, how is that fair?

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,788
  • Days Won:  3

Fair? I'm not sure "fair" factored into the equation..

This is an interesting thread, for several reasons.

1. The $5/head deal was manufactured to move x-volume of tickets (apparently regardless of price).  

2. The 'mad rush' for tickets appears only at the $5/head level, which means that there was not sufficient interest (student wise only?) at the $30/head level.  

3. This game is being treated much differently than other away games in that it looks like there  

is an interest in the volume of travel. Then again, how much can it possibly cost

to get to Orlando? Much easier on the 'student sized wallet' than you have for a normal away  

game.

As pointed out previously, there was a deliberate effort to NOT put a cap on the volume of tickets that could be purchased. I would assume that this is because the university wanted the entire allotment exhausted. There was no guarantee that, had a cap been in place, the entire inventory would have been used. Given that this is an effort to 'get a face in the place', I think returning discounted tickets (discounted by about 83%) would be a tad uncomfortable.  

Also, there was no indication that the $5/head tickets would run out regardless. The University had no way of knowing if this would or would not work the way they envisioned.  As pointed out, this was a marketing gimmick (probably a better word, but that escapes me now) to boost appearance by students. My guess is that the university knew that ticket sales were at a volume where the $30/head was not going to get a significant bump this week, so why not hang a carrot in front of students. Hey...it worked!  

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

So hang on a minute. None of you were willing to go when it cost $30 to buy a ticket. Now you all are coming out of the woodwork when it cost $5? What kind of school spirit is that? Do you only root for USF when it's financially convenient? You should see how much it costs for us out of staters to travel to a road game.

$30 is a lot to many people. I was willing to lay down $30, but many of my friends said that $30 was too much. Being a fan costs money... for some it costs too much.