• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF @ UCF - on the field

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823
  • Days Won:  0

Off topic i a lil new to forum what does "ftu/oc/ou" mean im a bit lost  :-?

Those are terms that represent what UCF used to be called and names that were thrown around a while back as possible new names ....

Florida Techinical Unversity/Orlando College/Orlando University ..... I think those are right, anyway.

if anyone knows of any other names ftu/ou/oc  has considered there is no reason not to add to the three we all ready have

Disney A&M, Toon Town Tech, Sanford College

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

Those are terms that represent what UCF used to be called and names that were thrown around a while back as possible new names ....

Florida Techinical Unversity/Orlando College/Orlando University ..... I think those are right, anyway.

if anyone knows of any other names ftu/ou/oc  has considered there is no reason not to add to the three we all ready have

COO ..... College of Oveido.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

COO ..... College of Oveido.

Medieval Times Community College

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

When I was in High School we called it "Alafaya High".

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

Here's an analysis....looking at the UCF message board (not posting, mind you) it is clear that there is far more obsession on this game from their fans than ours.  Definitely a lot of envy....in any case, I expect a competitive game this year...should be close.  I hope the players who are left are prepared for a battle because UCF will be bringing all they can.

The crowd....I think it will be pretty good.  I'm going to say just under 40K, not because we bring less than 10K but because they draw less than 30K.  And if they brought 11K to Gainesville, as at least one fan represented, I'd like to know how they got their hands on that many tickets.  I'm going to check on UF's visitor allotment when I have a few minutes.

By the way, it would be a lot more interesting to see a game at UF then it would be at UCF but I still think Bulls fans will show up.

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  65

Actually, when UCF started, we were Florida Tech.  We became UCF in 1978.  Thinking they were upsetting UCF fans, USF fans tried running smack calling us Orlando College, etc.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Actually, if I recall correctly, it was O'Leary who proposed the idea of changing the name of the college, if it would help shake things up in Orlando.

That's why Smazza started calling you ftu/ou/oc in the first place.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

Here's an analysis....looking at the UCF message board (not posting, mind you) it is clear that there is far more obsession on this game from their fans than ours.  Definitely a lot of envy....in any case, I expect a competitive game this year...should be close.  I hope the players who are left are prepared for a battle because UCF will be bringing all they can.

The crowd....I think it will be pretty good.  I'm going to say just under 40K, not because we bring less than 10K but because they draw less than 30K.  And if they brought 11K to Gainesville, as at least one fan represented, I'd like to know how they got their hands on that many tickets.  I'm going to check on UF's visitor allotment when I have a few minutes.

By the way, it would be a lot more interesting to see a game at UF then it would be at UCF but I still think Bulls fans will show up.

CoolBull,

Your quite mistaken,

1 we dont envy you. this is more of redemption for us for letting USF beat us last year and frog jump us to BCS status. So yes we really want to beat you, but we really wouldnt want to be in your shoes right now.

2 Those of you who think your "cooler" than us or something or think we should look up to your program, get over yourselves.

3 We have at least twice the fans you do and have alot of overspill onto your boards as well as others. See we HAVE enough fans to go to other boards and talk smack.

4 What do you have that we should be envious of? a BCS tag.

5. Ever since you got this BCS-tag you think you are like soooooooo cool. Lets see your like luckily #4 in the BE, maybe less and you are sooooooooo good.

6. We are not looking up at your program.  In fact, the AP and public opinion would hold quite different even though you BEAT us last year

7. USF is getting tons of bad publicity because CJL will take any player he can get with/without problems. Ultimately as we found out, this will bite you in the ass

8. Even if you beat us I still would rather be a Knight. Our future is much brighter. All you have is a BCS tag. You have no way to sustain sufficient revenues with a poor fan base other than Conference kickbacks. UCF will be BCS before 2009

9. Alton Voss was a bottom feeder for us

10. Your recruits are going down hill and your talent will be graduating

No,we dont envy USF at all. If anything, we are upset that we let a lesser team beat us. Maybe you should wait to you come to our house Homer.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  123

Your an idiot. Wheres a bulls fans with some sense, I have met about 5 on here. Now we are the ones with a problem with drawing fans? No, if our crowd suffers it will be because you cant even sell your allotment to travel 75 miles. Then your immature fans will say its because your playing a lesser foe. What if Florida was coming to UCF as they will. Do you think they would use that.

The mature fans you have can recognize your shortcoming just as I recognize ours. Dont bother replying because I can argue circles around you and make you realize what a jacka@@ your acting like LOL.

we brought close to 30K for a 1AA team and we are going to draw less than 30K for a IA team?

Not hardly moron. Join your friends in the contention of cool-bull fans.

M-O-R-O-N