• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

ESPN Quote about this weeks opponent

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

15: UCF was limited to just 15 rushing yards on 24 carries (0.6 avg.). The 133 passing yards weren't enough to make up the difference.

The Bull D's has got to be lickin' thier chops.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

yeah, and after last week our offense will seem in slow motion to them.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I think we can beat UCF. We're getting there-- we just need to keep working out the kinks as the season progresses,

I'm hoping we hit full stride by the time we play the tougher teams.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

TEST

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

yeah, and after last week our offense will seem in slow motion to them.

????  So you think they're going to speed up?

That's the biggest myth running around.  I don't matter what team you are you're always going to spend the first few series feeling any opponent out.  Even if your playing a HS team after an NFL team.  Just because they played UF doesn't mean they're going to be faster, or stronger, or bigger, maybe a shade less intimidated from the outset but that's about it.

I am not going to get excited but UCF certainly hasn't shown us a reason to be impressed on either side of the ball, or fear them for that matter.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

I'm just saying, our offense hasnt exactly been spectacular yet.  Grothe will hopefully improve each week.  But if our defense is licking any chops I'm not sure their defense is afraid of us yet.  Let's hope the WRs can get the ball in their hands to make some plays and we have some RBs that get yards this week.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

We may seem slower to them after their UF game.....UF's probably got a little more team speed than we do, at least in their depth.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

We may seem slower to them after their UF game.....UF's probably got a little more team speed than we do, at least in their depth.

Again so, they're not watching a movie.  Just because Taurus Johnson may appear (an 1/8th of a second slower than Percy Harvin) doesn't make him any easier to catch.  If someone is faster they're faster case closed.  Just because they played UF doesn't mean they're going to get faster all of a sudden.

FIU played a murderous first two games last year, and it didn't help them do better than 3-4 in the SunBelt.

FAU started 2005 playing Kansas, OKST, Minnesota, and UL...you'd guess by this theory that the SunBelt Conference would be slow to them like playing men against boys.  They went 2-5 in the SunBelt.

It will be hard to tell what type of influence playing UF before us will have?  They played USC before us the year before, and again it didn't make them bigger, stronger, faster, or better....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

and let's not forget they have the home field advantage

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Neither team has looked impressive so far.  Home field advantage will be big for UCF as well as a RS Freshman QB starting for the first time on the road for USF.  Not to mention payback from last year's blowout.  Right now I'd have to say UCF has the advantage.