• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ugly win still = win?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

Brandon Baker graduated. We were going to need a new punter anyway.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  131
  • Days Won:  0

Well it sounds like young mistakes, that 15 yrd penaltie when we had them on 4th down was huge, they drove for a td. Bet there was some locker head butting at halftime for sho!

If we get the 3 players back next week and work on special teams all week in practice I like our chances.

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

UCF didn't just get routed, they got embarrassed by UF. They got outgained by something like 630-140. I would say both USF and UCF played equally bad.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

OK, now I can breathe a sigh of relief.  Hopefully we correct the mistakes fast.  That's two weeks in a row.  We absolutely killed ourselves with miscues.  The defense played good.  If we can somehow put the miscues behind us, we can have a good year.  Remember, we had 2TDs called back by Ean, and when they scored their only offensive TD, it was aided by our penalty.  But that's not to take anything away from FIU.  They played hard and almost pulled it off.  I'll still take the win.  But we have to get rid of the miscues.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Take away crappy punt coverage and an untimely penalty and there's two FIU TDs that come off the board.

FIU did a good job of stopping our offense all night, but we continually let their O back on the field with bad penalties and/or sloppy coverage.  If I saw one more soft coverage slant go for 13 yards, I was going to huck a rock at Kyle and his camera roaming the sidelines.

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Our defense did NOT play good, regardless of what any stats say.  Selvie was the only guy making crap happen.  Jenkins and T. Williams were getting burned by #1 all night long, and our LB's were not making the type of bone-jarring hits and takedowns they're used to.

I was throroughly unimpressed with our D tonight, with the exception of Selvie.  We only got fired up when Gachette came out on the field for the last two series on D.

USF did very well on run defense.  The problem is that our DL was not getting a lot of penetration or pressure on their QB... mostly because he has some mobiltiy so they protected against the run.

Give a Sr QB time to throw, and he will usually find an open receiver or two... Trae was beaten a few times, but the safeties weren't helping out AT ALL leaving him one on one with a very good receiver.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  50

Yes a win is a win, and we are more talented than FIU. But we were outcoached tonight and we are going to run into more taklented teams the remainder of the year.

Eliminate your mistakes, prepare your team better and let's see how the season unfolds...

anyone still think we are going to start the season 10-0?

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  115

That was the worst called game in the history of USF football, and I'm not talking about the officiating. If JL allows the offense to continue  to call dumbass plays like they did tonight, all night, USF will NOT win another game.

That was a total embarassment.

Any ONE of you were satisfied with the effort or preparation for tonight?

f-ing pitiful.

Guest Sprtsfn627

Too many penalties, not enough coaching, just enough luck and talent.  

Offensive playcalling was...well, it sucked.  That second TD we got should have been stopped in the backfield. 90% of our plays were runs up the middle, runs by Grothe, or a screen pass to a WR.

Defense didn't do a good job.  They did hold FIU to 7, but we were getting burned on the corners all night.  Makes those rankings by CFN look like a joke.

Special teams made a ton of mistakes, the punt return by FIU was ridiculous.  Ean Randolph was a beast though.

The next 2 games are huge...both are very winnable games.  If we go 0-2, might as well give up hope for a bowl game.