• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The Biggest Difference with Grothe (for me)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

As far as I,m concerned (which doesn't mean anything) Grothe has earned the starting job.  I would prefer to have QB that will obviously grow and has potential than a QB that has already reached it in PJ.  Grothe will only get better with each game and looking towards the future I can only imagine how good USF's offense will be in the next three years for once with a legit QB.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Exactly.  Get out of the kitchen, but make sure your apron and shoes match or Shoop will blast you for weeks.

I hate you!  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,410
  • Days Won:  10

Basketbull, I know what you are saying and I agree to an extent.  These are kids, not pros, and they are kids with feelings.  I have been as brutal as some in the past (calling him Justmissed) and really, that is selfish.  But it was out of frustration -- not so much at him, because he probably was doing his best, but at CJL, for not seeing it when we all could that he was not our future.  We are so passionate about this team that, at times, we can be little brutal.

I, too, appreciate that he is a good kid with a good heart.  But he is not our future and was given more time than he should -- at the team's expense.  It is time to move on now.

I don't want to squat on anyone's dream and I don't agree that it is OK to denigrate and humiliate a kid who is trying.  I shouldn't have done that.  But that is in the past and we have a bright future ahead of us.  And the truth is, it is not with Julmiste.  It is with Grothe.  No one is saying that he is a reincarnation of a hall of fame quarterback.  He is, however, our hope and future.

So as one kid's dream dies, one's is born.  Such is life.

The king is dead; long live the king.  Now let's get on with FOOTBALL!!!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

And would like to mention from what I have heard, seems to be good with GrothE in regards to interaction with players.

WR's coming back and tapping him on the head ... GrothE getting on guys ..

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

However... when a RS freshman comes in and does what you've been asked to do for 3 years but couldn't quite do... you have to evaluate the position and award it to the kid who earns it.  Whether that's PJ or Grothe remains to be seen, and that's Leavitt's call not mine.  The point of THIS thread is that I felt far more at ease with Grothe winging the ball than PJ.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Matt is the future and he earned the #1 spot at QB in my mind. PJ is a character guy and we can certainly use him. Imagine throwin PJ in there at FB and have him pave the way while give him the occaisional carry to bowl defenders over. I will never forget him knocking out ECU's highly touted MLB back in 2004. That was a monster hit.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

grothe threw a consistent catchable accurate ball

there is nothing to debate

if you want the best  qb grotheee is the man

if you want to make a 5th year senior feel good  and not put the best qb on the field pick pj

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the 6 foot 3 pj getting his ball batted in air was vintage pj

he plays small

grotheee plays big

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

And Ronnie Banks attitude towards the fans means exactly what to me?

If you don't like what the fans have to say...don't listen to the fans, and

don't spend your hours on a fan based bulletin board.

Exactly. If you cant stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

No ****, and for that matter, old PJ is going to one of the best schools in the state of Florida FREE, let's lighten up here a bit on the melodrama....he tried, he didn't succeed, we move on to Plan B. THAT'S LIFE.