• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

we have found our QB...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

I've seen enough.  MG has good mobility, can throw on the run (huge for our offense) and is a heck of a lot more ACCURATE than PJ.

MG will most certainly make mistakes this year, but I'd rather take my lumps with a freshman QB than waste another year on PJ.    

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i agree with cashcow.

if we are gonna go 7-5 this year id much rather it be with grothe at qb

grothe has a better chance of getting us to 9-3 next year

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

You mean like when Ronnie Banks threw 4 TDs a few years ago against Nichols State?

Stats against I-AA opponents are only a small measure of how they played as they should be high or you have a big problem. Ask Colorado... Grothe was great at running with the ball and I like him more than Julmiste. However, watch the replay tomorrow he stared receivers, lofted balls, and threw off his back foot a few times. Things you cannot do against most the guys on our schedule.

I know how most our fans are, he has a bad game in a few weeks you'll find someone to blame for it. I'm going to reserve judgment until after next game.

We should be excited because he did show signs of playing well, but he also showed that he does have a lot of work to do.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Grothe may have times he will struggle, but what I saw was the confidence and composure in his eyes.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Grothe may have times he will struggle, but what I saw was the confidence and composure in his eyes.  

Once again though it's a I-AA opponent, It's easy to have composure and confidence when you're playing a team weith 23 less scholarships and much less of a skill set.

I want to know, will he have that confidence and compsure if he's constantly knocked on his ass and has guys in his face.

Listen I am extremely impressed with the guy. However, I know that you have to put performances against teams like this into perspective. Hopefully we'll see some of the same next week.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

lol--- for real about how fans flip flop their opinion about QB. Back when Ronnie Banks was our starter, the same people are screaming that we need to start PJ.

So if we start Grothe and he starts to have problems, who will they want in there--Grant Gregory?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

GROTHE IS THE MAN!!!!!!!! I WAS TRYING TO GET PEOPLE TO CHANT HIS NAME IN THE STUDENT SECTION, BUT THEY KEPT SAYING "FRESHMAN" or "WHITE GUY" or "NUMBER 8" BUT I KEPT SAYING GROTHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

go grothEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GO BUllSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

where's my taser when I need it>?

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

lol--- for real about how fans flip flop their opinion about QB. Back when Ronnie Banks was our starter, the same people are screaming that we need to start PJ.

That was a different situation. Banks hadn't played much either. PJ has been starting for 2 1/2 years and has shown very little. I like the way cashcow and Rezz put it. If you are going to go 7-5 this year, would you rather do it with a freshman who (in theory at least) will get better, or a senior who won't?

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

i don't feel like reading this thread due to the time it is right now, and i'm exhausted...but i just wanted to say that i don't think pj will not start next week, i think grothe is the man now, and that its going to be hard for pj to make starting qb now, especially after he got hurt.  it was nice meeting today r_to_the _izzo today, and to grothe's dad, i was sitting right in front of matt's gf, nice girl who was yelling for matt the entire time.