• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

we have found our QB...

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I think the real question is: have we found our QB?  This is just one game, against a I-AA team.  Will Grothe be able to do this in a high pressure game in freezing weather where the season is on the line?

I know that he did some exciting things tonight.  However, we need see whether or not it is sustainable.  Remember, last year PJ came into the Penn State game and looked pretty decent against a top defense.  Consistency has been our problem at QB, and only time will tell.

Let me tell you, I was watching Grothe for a specific reason ... in the Spring game I saw him telegraph his passes - heck Jenkins intercepted him twice that day.

Yup, Grothe did it again.  Virtually every time he throws he watches 1 receiver.  He doesn't look defenders off.  He doesn't look around.  He watches the target and throws.  Hell, he was almost picked off on one play.

He has a hell of an arm and he can about as good as Blackwell.

But he is young and inexperienced and it showed tonight.  The only thing that saved him was the fact that it was a I-AA team.  If this had been Louisville, the score might of been reversed.

• Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  143
  • Days Won:  0

grothe looked impressive tonight though.  he did alot better than julmisted did agains the 1-AA team.  julmiste will start next game because of seniority, but grothe will start the rest of the season.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Reminded me a lot of MB - I hope it turns out that way and we get a good 4 years.  Unfortunately, if he is healthy, I think PJ gets the start again.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Let me tell you, I was watching Grothe for a specific reason ... in the Spring game I saw him telegraph his passes - heck Jenkins intercepted him twice that day.

Yup, Grothe did it again.  Virtually every time he throws he watches 1 receiver.  He doesn't look defenders off.  He doesn't look around.  He watches the target and throws.  Hell, he was almost picked off on one play.

On his second TD throw, they said it was his third reciever he went to.

On his second TD throw, they said it was his third reciever he went to.

That may be, but I am skeptical it was the case.  Need to look at the play by play, or watch the replay on Catch 47.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

He did seem to telegraph passes and seemed to loft the long ball. That has to be expected of a young QB though.

I'm not going to be so quick to annoint him as the next big thing just yet because it was a I-AA team. Hopefully he can keep up against a tougher team next week.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Those that think Julmiste will EVER start again, were we watching the same game?

You could almost SEE the whole team get an extra "pep in their step" when Grothe came in. He commanded the huddle, and you could see the confidence his offense had in him.

Forget the stats(even though they are very lopsided in his favor), it's the attitude of the team that you have to look at here...