• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are munchkins???   Whats up Doc?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

<you do realize that this is just a message board and that none of us will be playing on Saturday>

Yes, I realize this.  Tis' unfortunate  ;)  

However, I wonder why the USF fan who requested that a McNeese poster "show up to take his beating like a man" is not being asked if he understands this?  Oh, wait, the guy asking me this is the same guy.  Fundamentally, then, my question is one of perceptional equity.

Really?? They don't put a whole of emphasis on reading at McNeese, do they?

Please don't do this with, Jay.   Or I'll have to start getting the dictionary out to translate his reply.   You don't know what you are starting.    :)

Doc

ef J.   ::)  

The fact that he spent more than 5 minutes responding to a post on a message board is entertaining.  

Sigh!!

I guess I'll pop some popcorn.

Doc

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i'm going to try and make this pretty clear for Jay...

You are mad because you think the USF football team is going to take your football team 'lightly' because of what we say here.  (you taking a figurative comment literally)

Then you get mad because I say this is 'just a message board and we are not actually playing'.  

Then you get mad because I say 'show up and take your beating like a man'.  (again figurative comment literally)

Then you make some big long post about how USF fans cannot understand the difference between figurative and literal speech??

Tell me, do you see the huge contradiction you are making?  i guess things move slower in Lake Charles, LA or whichever mud hole you climbed out of.  however, if you are attending the game this saturday, i might oblige to atleast make one of my figurative comments into a literal one.  

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

<you do realize that this is just a message board and that none of us will be playing on Saturday>

On the other, you have a rabid cult kool-aid swilling subculture of posters who apparently are locked in a looped psychotic episode where USF is the gravitational center of the football universe and the preiminent benchmark for gauging institutional success.

nope, not the center of the football universe and surely not the preiminent benchmark for gauging institutional success.  just a team that can kick mcneese state's ass this saturday night.

you want to talk about a chip on someone's shoulder?  you are the one who had a message board reply sounding more like a thesis paper because you must have some "podunk" lousiana complex that you are trying is dispell.  so spare me all the time you spent thumbing through your Webster's Dictionary from 1984.  i am still not impressed.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  20

"podunk" lousiana complex

LouIsiana.  "Lou"siana is how the podunks in the middle of the woods say it.  Funny I heard mudhole when all Florida is, is one big swamp.  Pot, meet kettle.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140

i'm going to try and make this pretty clear for Jay...

You are mad because you think the USF football team is going to take your football team 'lightly' because of what we say here.  (you taking a figurative comment literally)

Sigh!!   (again)

Jay is not mad.   He just likes to pull chains.   And, it looks like you guys are going to give him the responses he wants.

Doc

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48

<<The fact that he spent more than 5 minutes responding to a post on a message board is entertaining. >>

Just because you needed more than five minutes to read it doesn't mean I needed more than five minutes to compose it.  I hear it helps improve your reading speed if you don't move your lips as you do so  ;)

First, If I were mad, the level of vitriol would be much, much higher and the commentary would be directly personally not generally.  In this case the collective "you" would be come the specific "you."

Second, if my post read like a thesis paper to a USF alum, well, that both speaks volumes AND for itself.  

Third, as to the notion that a figurative threat made earlier could become a literal reality, I'll have to wait until I'm over my convulsive fits of laughter before responding specifically.  The short version is that my earlier post about a possible dissociative reality perception problem has been conclusively proven.

Yes I type better than you.  No, that doesn't mean you'd be able to kick my ass.  It's like Saturday's game.  You actually have to play it to find out who wins.  Don't automatically assume that you're in a position to beat a guy up simply because he's more articulate than you  ;)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

<<The fact that he spent more than 5 minutes responding to a post on a message board is entertaining. >>

Just because you needed more than five minutes to read it doesn't mean I needed more than five minutes to compose it.  I hear it helps improve your reading speed if you don't move your lips as you do so  ;)

Wait, your boy Mcneese72 is hyping you up to be some sort of "Ultimate Warrior" of message board posters and this is how you respond?!  You're letting your little brother down.  

I generally try to respond proportionately.  Sometimes, that involves playing down to the level of the competition.

If you wanna see better responses, try posting better pejoratives....;)

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I generally try to respond proportionately.  Sometimes, that involves playing down to the level of the competition.

If you wanna see better responses, try posting better pejoratives....;)

Nice cop out.  

Our football team may try to use a variation of that one after Saturday.  

::)