• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are munchkins???   Whats up Doc?

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Besides, we are all fans here, and none of us play the game. I used to go to school with one of this years recruits (yes on the team still), they all seem to be pretty level headed and taking one game at a time, despite the hype the fans are putting on them.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

****!   This string has deteriorated!!   It just a game.   We may get our butts whipped but I"m going to have fun while we are.   It sure beats having games cancelled because of hurricanes and spending what felt like two months in two weeks evacuated to Pine Bluff, Ark. like last season.  If you ever find yourself driving into Pine Bluff, Ark., keep on driving because there "ain't" nothing of interest there.  

Doc

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

I forgot that you guys are 9-11 over the last two years. We really should be on the look out for a team that is below .500 at the 1AA level.

WE HAVE NO BUSINESS PLAYING THIS TEAM

it isnt even a tune up

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  48

<you do realize that this is just a message board and that none of us will be playing on Saturday>

Yes, I realize this.  Tis' unfortunate  ;)  

However, I wonder why the USF fan who requested that a McNeese poster "show up to take his beating like a man" is not being asked if he understands this?  Oh, wait, the guy asking me this is the same guy.  Fundamentally, then, my question is one of perceptional equity.

I haven't spent much time on this board, but I've come to learn that there's an interesting dichotomy here:  On one hand, you've got some rational, knowledgeable and fair-minded posters who obviously put some forethought into what they write.  On the other, you have a rabid cult kool-aid swilling subculture of posters who apparently are locked in a looped psychotic episode where USF is the gravitational center of the football universe and the preiminent benchmark for gauging institutional success.

This is not an unknown phenomenon.  The same thing is demonstrated on a daily basis at places like ULL, ULM and a host of other schools with massive inferiority-complex-chips on their collective shoulders.  (Editor's note:  I'm not making a literal reference to a real chip or a real shoulder.  This is what's known as "metaphorically speaking," but more about that later.)

Now, back to my fundamental question regarding perceptional equity...

I'm somewhat stunned that a seemingly rational poster would think that a reply clearly directed to a metaphorical reference was not, itself, metaphorical in nature.  And, further, that said poster would feel so strongly about the reply that he felt compelled to question it's author's grip on reality.   Does anybody but me not see the incredible absurdist irony here?  Further, is English composition not taught at USF?

If not, let me offer some instructional insight that might be helpful.  Often, the personal pronouns "you" and "we" are used collectively and figuratively, if not metaphorically; as in the case of casting message board fans in the same lot with their favorite teams;  i.e., when a fan of one school says to a fan of another school, "we're going to kick your ass" despite NEITHER individual being physical members of their respective teams.  In spirit, though he's on the field during the heat of the battle; physically, he's in the stands or at home watching on TV.

In closing, let me offer some clarifying remarks:

If USF fans think that McNeese State's football team will simply show up and bend over in order to collect a modest check, then - clearly - there is a huge disconnect with reality.  

The fact of the matter is that McNeese will arrive prepared to play.  If South Florida expects to win the game, they'll have to work in order to do so.

Hopefully, this clarification has been helpful.  I believe that the game will be an even more helpful illustrative exemplar....

Uh Oh!   Now you guys have "done got" Jay started up.  

Doc

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

You have no clue.  

;D  I have no clue that South Florida will be lucky to finish 3rd in the Big East?  Excuse me while I laugh while you talk major trash concerning a I-AA team.  

With the offense you guys have, Rutgers has just a good of a chance to finish 3rd as you guys.  RUTGERS!  ;D  It's quite a high octane offense.  i don't care what you do against us.  I've come on this board and started off saying I wasn't talking trash and even said that McNeese was going to lose this game because I know better.  Yet, you're going to talk trash to me?  Please.

You're right we have no idea who you are because you are nobody.

Yeah, A&M thought the same thing.   :o  I hope your team goes into the game thinking the same thing.  

Obviously you didn't read my post.  Like I said the Mcneese posters who posted initially were fine.  It was not until you started with your "poor lil us...wink, wink"  rhetoric that you got annoying.  Yes that is talking trash.  You're acting like you can hang.  you can't.

BTW, "that offense of ours" put FORTY (40) on Rutgers last year, at Rutgers. You've already been schooled about the Syracuse shutout.  I suggest you do your homework before running smack again.  

Hopefully you'll be here to discuss your "poor lil 1AA team" after Saturday.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

<you do realize that this is just a message board and that none of us will be playing on Saturday>

However, I wonder why the USF fan who requested that a McNeese poster "show up to take his beating like a man" is not being asked if he understands this?  Oh, wait, the guy asking me this is the same guy.  Fundamentally, then, my question is one of perceptional equity.

Really?? They don't put a whole of emphasis on reading at McNeese, do they?

Please don't do this with, Jay.   Or I'll have to start getting the dictionary out to translate his reply.   You don't know what you are starting.    :)

Doc

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Please don't do this with, Jay.   Or I'll have to start getting the dictionary out to translate his reply.   You don't know what you are starting.    :)

Doc

ef J.   ::)  

The fact that he spent more than 5 minutes responding to a post on a message board is entertaining.