• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Alton Voss commits to USF

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

Well ... I love to improve ALL positions and it does seem that Alton will do that.

Agree that he would be best suited to RS and learn the Offense, LG pretty much copied USF's Offense and GrothE still benefited from the RS.

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

But is he a winner like grothe.  Does he have the poise, leadership, intangibles, the "it" factor that grothe has.  You can't teach that.

• Topic Count:  483
  • Content Count:  2,923
  • Days Won:  1

I concur, redshirt Voss his first year and learn under Grother for two and then hand over the keys.

Guest R_to_the_izzo

Can we afford to R.S Voss? Who will backup Grothe next year? Bring in a JUCO or something? Will C. Hill be back?

Right now even though a R.S would be best I just don't see it, unless we find a viable backup for Matt in case of injury or whatever.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Can we afford to R.S Voss? Who will backup Grothe next year? Bring in a JUCO or something? Will C. Hill be back?

Right now even though a R.S would be best I just don't see it, unless we find a viable backup for Matt in case of injury or whatever.

I wouldn't count on C. Hill being back.  One thing though, red-shirts are apllied for after the season.  So in the event we don't find a suitable back-up, Voss could be there just in case and, if not used, still have his red-shirt.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

I think now with the addition of  Alton Voss to the South Florida Bulls football for 2007 it now brings a QB contreversy because Alton at 6'3 220 and Matt Grothe at 6'1 190, maybe Alton will have the reins given over to him his freshmen year...and this is my reason why...1. Alton is just as much of a running QB as Grothe and probably a lil bit better even cause of sizeand speed ( ran a 4.55 40 at USF)...2. I've seen his throws and his arm strength and I've seen Grothe's arm strength and Alton wins that category and with college coaches helping Alton it should be no problem for him to adjust...3rd reason is Alton has the Quarterback build almost identical to Tim Tebow ( Florida Gator's QB#15) and if that is any indication towards anything that can mean good things for the South Florida Bulls in the future if they use Alton Voss at QB.

Wow you didnt just compare Voss to Tebow did you?  Tebow was a top 5 QB in the nation last year at Nease HS, Voss isnt even on the national radar.  They may have a similar build but thats about it.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

I think now with the addition of  Alton Voss to the South Florida Bulls football for 2007 it now brings a QB contreversy because Alton at 6'3 220 and Matt Grothe at 6'1 190, maybe Alton will have the reins given over to him his freshmen year...and this is my reason why...1. Alton is just as much of a running QB as Grothe and probably a lil bit better even cause of sizeand speed ( ran a 4.55 40 at USF)...2. I've seen his throws and his arm strength and I've seen Grothe's arm strength and Alton wins that category and with college coaches helping Alton it should be no problem for him to adjust...3rd reason is Alton has the Quarterback build almost identical to Tim Tebow ( Florida Gator's QB#15) and if that is any indication towards anything that can mean good things for the South Florida Bulls in the future if they use Alton Voss at QB.

forget arm strength and speed give me stuff between the ears, and intangibles

gregory will be the back up!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

gregory will be the back up!

I am sure we will try our best to sign 2 QB's in this class.

And one would RS 2007.

With Elon our opener, and if GrothE continues to improve ... would expect him to play no more than a quarter. We would really need snaps for the backups.

Go BULLS !!!