• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF Stadium Naming Rights

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  118
  • Days Won:  0

$29M raised

$15M bright house

_____

$14M of $60M that is only 25%

you were bailed out by brighthouse and you are still $30M short.

this shaky accounting will comeback to bite UCF in the butt in the not so distant future.

There is still approximately 12 Million in outstanding donation oppourtunities for other parts of the stadium.

See link.  It is listed on page 10.

With that 12 million filled, that only leaves 18 million.  Also, the stadium is only 47 million.  The additonal 13 million was added in for moving baseball, soccer fields and roadways, etc.

Bottom line is that UCF will have the stadium paid off very quickly if they continue to exceed ticket sale projections and estimates in the feasability study.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Congrats... but "Bright House Stadium" … It sounds too Mickey Mouse for me.

Still $1M a year!

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

The movment is already in progress to have it called "Knight House"

(not much better)

Either way, Happy Valley and Death Valley aren't official names.  Maybe The Dungeon will prevail after all.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  45

(not much better)

Either way, Happy Valley and Death Valley aren't official names.  Maybe The Dungeon will prevail after all.

Movement?  I don't think that a half-dozen message board posts over 9 hours constitutes a movement.  I'm betting that we'll all grow to accept the naming rights as we acknowledge Bright House's contribution to our athletic program.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Congrats... but "Bright House Stadium" … It sounds too Mickey Mouse for me.

Still $1M a year!

Thanks!

For $1 Million per year...I'll call it YOUR House!!

KL

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,059
  • Days Won:  469

Why only 800 club seats?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

so it looks like a good deal

congrats are in order

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,686
  • Days Won:  424

(not much better)

Movement?  I don't think that a half-dozen message board posts over 9 hours constitutes a movement.  I'm betting that we'll all grow to accept the naming rights as we acknowledge Bright House's contribution to our athletic program.

I realize that we'll have to do the same thing down the road when/if we build one but for all your chest thumping about "YOUR" new on campus stadium, calling it 'Brighthouse Stadium" just deosn't seem right. 04 is right, you need to get something in their identifying with UCF. Name another OCS that goes strictly by a corporate sponsor. I realize they're out there, like Papa Johns, but it just doesn't seem to fit in with this traditional college football atmosphere you all try to push so hard ... "The Dungeon at Bright House Stadium .... "Bright Knight House Stadium" .... You need something.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  118

(not much better)

I realize that we'll have to do the same thing down the road when/if we build one but for all your chest thumping about "YOUR" new on campus stadium, calling it 'Brighthouse Stadium" just deosn't seem right. 04 is right, you need to get something in their identifying with UCF. Name another OCS that goes strictly by a corporate sponsor. I realize they're out there, like Papa Johns, but it just doesn't seem to fit in with this traditional college football atmosphere you all try to push so hard ... "The Dungeon at Bright House Stadium .... "Bright Knight House Stadium" .... You need something.

Just like the dozens of other facilities that have a corporate name and then a nickname, UCF will be no different.

It will be Bright House Stadium.  But it will also be known as "The Dungeon".  

Ben Griffin Stadium = "The Swamp"

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  231

I don't know if this was written in this thread or not but this kind of a slap in our faces.  Brighthouse has a field out in Clearwater, if anything they should sponsor something of ours and not UCF.