• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF: overachieved or underachieved?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958
  • Days Won:  0

do you think USF underachieved or overachieved last year?

do you think USF will underachieve or overachieve this year?

Although USF overachieved as far as their expectations go, they lost to teams (pitt, uconn, NC state) that were very beatable...So i think USF underachieved as far as how good as they should have been....

As for THIS YEAR, I BULLieve that USF has the kind of team that could easily be 10-0 coming into their big east finals against UL and WVU.  If USF developes offensive leadership, and beats the team they should beat, we could be looking at a very special season.

GO BULLS!!  I cant wait for FOOTBULL SEASON!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

do you think USF underachieved or overachieved last year?

do you think USF will underachieve or overachieve this year?

Although USF overachieved as far as their expectations go, they lost to teams (pitt, uconn, NC state) that were very beatable...So i think USF underachieved as far as how good as they should have been....

As for THIS YEAR, I BULLieve that USF has the kind of team that could easily be 10-0 coming into their big east finals against UL and WVU.  If USF developes offensive leadership, and beats the team they should beat, we could be looking at a very special season.

GO BULLS!!  I cant wait for FOOTBULL SEASON!

They are what they are....last year they were a 6-6 team...Shoulda, woulda, coulda.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

last year i think usf overachieved slightly

overall the answer is much easier

the program has drastically underachieved

it is incredible that usf leavitt has been here 10 years and hasnt locked down area

if we had coaches that could moderately recruit usf would win big east easily

that usf couldnt get a qb for 5 years is shocking.i hope grothe/gregory break the streak

most fans limit their expectations and praise how great program has come in 10 years.nobody ever did it

put a guy like steve spurrier here in 97 and usf would have been competitive  with the big boys in less than half the time

when you are surrounded by the talent,play in tampa,play in an nfl state of the art stadium,recruiting in tampa should be like picking oranges off a tree;simple

leavitt/smith tandem has taken usf as far AS THEY CAN.it is clear the better players will not come here.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

when there are 28 bowl games

making one in north carolina isnt that big of an accomplsihment

usf should be competing for bcs game every year

usf should never lose to uconn in football just like usf should never beat uconn in basketball(the sheriff pointed this out)

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Even great teams lose... Not to say we were anything close to great last season.  We blew a lot of opportunities, made a lot of mistakes, Let's just pray we come together this season. We have a young team that's gonna need some time to gel, If we do go 10 - 0,   THIS is the season to do it.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Under  :'(

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

We underachieved in that we had a GREAT defense and a GREAT back and we were 6-6.  

We all know what the missing piece is/was.  Unfortunately I don't think we have an answer on this roster for that problem, even after all these years of horrible QB play.  

Guest wildrover

I think we ended right about where we should of.  Going into last years season I remember a lot of predictions giving us no more than four wins.  So we did better than that but we had a stout defense that kept us in most of the games, but we had a horrible offense that just couldn't move the ball.  You need to be good on both sides of the ball to really have a good season so I think they finished about right

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

the program has drastically underachieved

I think it's exactly opposite. For a 10 year program, we have overachieved. To be where we are in 10 years is amazing. To say we have underachieved because we haven't locked an area, is not true. We are still building and catching up with the Big 3. Look at FTU, they've been playing for 25 years and are behind us now. Give us another 15 years and we'll be far ahead of them right with UF, FSU, & UM.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

We underachieved in that we had a GREAT defense and a GREAT back and we were 6-6.  

We all know what the missing piece is/was.  Unfortunately I don't think we have an answer on this roster for that problem, even after all these years of horrible QB play.  

The root of the problem may not be with the talent on the roster.  I believe the "missing piece" lies elswhere.