• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Voss Puts USF Ahead of Miss. State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,831
  • Days Won:  22

Well we cant put all  our eggs in one basket. So i say get Simms,Voss and Garcia and one of them will come out as a QB

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

just git er don!

put a warm body on the field that can give 55% completion and few turnovers and i will be happy!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

... and what's better than a local guy leading our BULLS to victory.

BULLieve we have that in GrothE  8-)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,653
  • Days Won:  29

... these tweener QB's have not been working out too well for us lately

See Gachette  ;)

I know what you mean, and agree we need Passing QB's ... but will take thee athleted QB's also.

Guest S. Bien(Guest)
why make a decisionin two weeks and then still go to miss. ?

free vacation...

and can we PLEASE recruit a traditional QB, these tweener QB's have not been working out too well for us lately

What's tweener about a kid that is 6-3/6-2 215lbs.  You must be one big dude to call that size kid a 'tweener'.  Matt Grothe was 6-0 185lbs when he committed to USF, that's 'tweener' not Voss.

I like Voss' potential.   He's not a great QB yet, but his tools, his athletic ability, his overall grit, attitude and hard work I can see this kid become something special in 3 years.   Not a bad snag for USF this early, and still go after one more QB.

tweener has nothing to do with size.  i am referring to all these athletes we recruit to play QB.  i want someone like Simms son for once.  

If that is your definition then Voss is definitely not a tweener.  I'd say he's far more conducive to our offense then Simms, a little more raw from the passing stand point now then Simms, but I think his upside is as good, and skills work well with our offense.  He will need a few years to become capable to be a good 1-A QB, but so would Simms.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

free vacation...

and can we PLEASE recruit a traditional QB, these tweener QB's have not been working out too well for us lately

What's tweener about a kid that is 6-3/6-2 215lbs.  You must be one big dude to call that size kid a 'tweener'.  Matt Grothe was 6-0 185lbs when he committed to USF, that's 'tweener' not Voss.

I like Voss' potential.   He's not a great QB yet, but his tools, his athletic ability, his overall grit, attitude and hard work I can see this kid become something special in 3 years.   Not a bad snag for USF this early, and still go after one more QB.

tweener has nothing to do with size.  i am referring to all these athletes we recruit to play QB.  i want someone like Simms son for once.  

If that is your definition then Voss is definitely not a tweener.  I'd say he's far more conducive to our offense then Simms, a little more raw from the passing stand point now then Simms, but I think his upside is as good, and skills work well with our offense.  He will need a few years to become capable to be a good 1-A QB, but so would Simms.

i too like many are tired of "potential upside" give me a warm body that passed for > 60% in HS in a passing offense... so the chances are decent he will give you better than 50% in college.

If we get ONE QB like that to come here i will be happy we have a decent chance of getting a QB that will do a yoeman's job so our run game and defense have a chance to win us some games. just my $0.02

• Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741

Saw an article that had Texas A & M after him.  Can't remember where it was, so no link.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

It wouldn't shock me.  Voss is a tough kid that would fit in well with a Dennis Franchione run offense.  

I want to lock up a QB early.  I think it's a crucial part of the recruiting process because often those guys can become cheerleaders for other recruits.  I like Voss not only because he's a **** good player but because he's been extremely active on the camp and combine circuit this summer and probably has great contacts with lots of the top kids in America.  

Alton has offers from Miss St, NCST, Ole Piss, UCF, most of the MAC schools, and I believe Cuse and BC are evaluating.  He's a big sturdy kid that's extremely fast for his size, running in the 4.6's, has a decent delivery- tends to push the ball a bit instead of cocking back which takes a tiny bit of velocity off the throw, but his footwork, his techniques have really improves since last year.  He's a very nice piece of raw clay that personally I think has greater upside then definitely Weatherford (he's WAAYYYY better than Joe Weatherford) and for that matter I like his upside more than Simms.  Voss is almost the perfect fit for our offense, an athletic QB (from the sense that he can run real well, but he's still a passer first), with good size and arm.

I honestly believe that with Voss, for 2007 we have Grothe and Nate Allen (by the way for all you guys that love Grothe don't be surprised if Nate makes a run at QB- this kid is very smart, and his big 6-3 is definitely his height, but he's such a sharp and polished kid.  A real 'sir' and 'mama' kid, dad is an ex-big time player, and I just believe he'll catch on at QB).  I think between those three we are set for the future at QB.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

free vacation...

i too like many are tired of "potential upside" give me a warm body that passed for > 60% in HS in a passing offense... so the chances are decent he will give you better than 50% in college.

If we get ONE QB like that to come here i will be happy we have a decent chance of getting a QB that will do a yoeman's job so our run game and defense have a chance to win us some games. just my $0.02

usf fans deserve  a real qb ready to step in and make plays

recruit a top jc qb or a top frosh

no more projects

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

I really think that Grothe will be our QB this year. Will he start the 1st game, I don't know..... But he will be there in our meaningful situations.....

PJ is maxed out....