• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Greg Auman Blog on Stirrups and Hill...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

To say it ruins their career goes a lil far. What it does is tarnish their image.

There are hundreds of guys who have gone on the play in the NFL after having run ins with the law like this. I hope he can straighten himself out and correct his career path.

You know, I did mention that I had heard this kid had outside problems (besides academics) a few months ago and someone on here told me I didn't know what I was talking about because his dad was FHP and would never let his son do this.

I think Leslie has the potential get his head screwed on straight and become a very good player. Best of luck to him and his career he is a very talented kid.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  236
  • Content Count:  1,797
  • Days Won:  0

I hope I never have to face a jury of board member peers.  Nothing like being convicted without a hearing, trial or examination of the evidence.  Convicted by newspaper article.

Only in America.

Normal

Normal being in jail on a $17,500 bond usually means you were caught red handed...chnaces are he will plead guilty and take the community service or low amount of jail time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,503
  • Days Won:  13

I hope we do see kim again. He could be a hell of a player. All I care about is WINS.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  118

All I care about is WINS.

That is an interesting train of thought.

I would post more, but this is the respectable board and not the smack board.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,291

Have we been struggled to recruit with high SAT score players? If so, then IMO, I think we have lot of high SAT score players after few years from today being in BigEast.  Agree?

Guest Sprtsfn627

What gets me the most about these...is that it hurts the other players at USF.  They can have no criminal record, be great students, and model citizens, but all it takes is one idiot like Stirrups to get the press to call USF a renegade program.  And it's a shame that 70 some guys take the abuse that only 1 or 2 deserve.  THAT'S why I hate recruiting these guys.  It undermines the other guys who are legit student-athletes.

I don't think anyone has called USF renegade...Every program has players with problems, even Harvard and Yale who don't give athletic scolarships...Army just had a kid in trouble on their team...No matter what you do there will always be a few kids on your team that have some sort of trouble, you cannot stop this.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

No need to get on my high horse again about the recruitment program at USF.....

A recent movie, Glory Road, had a great quote in the beginning, "You gotta recruit if you wanna win."

Someone at the Athletics Dept. needs to get their head(s) out of their @$$ and A)Expand the recruiting zone even more than FL, OH, NJ and AL  B)Conduct a full background check C)Conduct an academic review D)Conduct a psych eval E)Why not model our recruitent program after a Top 5 school so we [uSF] could become a tad bit better in this area of sports management!!!

As always, GO BULLS!!!

No, and no, and the other is illegal.  The top 5 programs don't do this because most of what you are suggesting is illegal, and simply voluntary.  Kids would just opt for schools that didn't require it.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  118

No need to get on my high horse again about the recruitment program at USF.....

A recent movie, Glory Road, had a great quote in the beginning, "You gotta recruit if you wanna win."

Someone at the Athletics Dept. needs to get their head(s) out of their @$$ and A)Expand the recruiting zone even more than FL, OH, NJ and AL  B)Conduct a full background check C)Conduct an academic review D)Conduct a psych eval E)Why not model our recruitent program after a Top 5 school so we [uSF] could become a tad bit better in this area of sports management!!!

As always, GO BULLS!!!

No, and no, and the other is illegal.  The top 5 programs don't do this because most of what you are suggesting is illegal, and simply voluntary.  Kids would just opt for schools that didn't require it.

You can do criminal background checks on your football players, but you would have to do it for ALL students at the University.  It would be too costly for a University to do background checks on all students.