• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

USF would look foolish to act arrogant and swell.

If they want the game PLAY UM.  EVERY SINGLE STINKIN YEAR.  We have nobody else to play out of conference.  It is better then having McNesse State on the stupid schedule.

All this poster board talk about us thinking we are big time makes me nervous.  We could very well get beat by these guys this year.  I am starting to get worried about this game now.

If the game draws 45K then it is a hit.  Play it every single year.

We aren't better then anyone at this point.  

No Con Titles.

No Bowl Wins

No Top 25 Ranking

NOTHING

Nobody is out of our league on the D-1 level at this point.

If they want a piece--- lets play!

It's not so much the playing them part that's funny, that does make sense from a logistical point of view, it's their begging and whining for trying to make it a rivalry that holds all the comedic value........ LSU and Tulane will supposedly play an annual game for some years. Do you think Tulane fans are stupid enough to try and get that called a rivalry? LSU fans would laugh them off the bayou if they tried something that ridiculous.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239
  • Days Won:  0

Tulane and LSU were rivals for a long time.  It's about time they play again.  Marshall and WVU are classified as rivals, but hardly play.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

No Con Titles.

No Bowl Wins

No Top 25 Ranking

NOTHING

Let's see, we've had our football for ten years... they've had their's for 25.

DO THE MATH PINHEAD!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

How do you act "swell"? Sounds like something Wally Cleaver would've said ...

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

If they want the game PLAY UM.  EVERY SINGLE STINKIN YEAR.  We have nobody else to play out of conference.  It is better then having McNesse State on the stupid schedule.

All this poster board talk about us thinking we are big time makes me nervous.  We could very well get beat by these guys this year.  I am starting to get worried about this game now.

If the game draws 45K then it is a hit.  Play it every single year.

No Con Titles.

No Bowl Wins

No Top 25 Ranking

NOTHING

Nobody is out of our league on the D-1 level at this point.

If they want a piece--- lets play!

Agree entirely with you Ari.  The holier than thou attitude shown by some reminds me of a school to the north.  We were .500 last year and have major ?s again on offense along with a young DLine.  I am optimistic that we will be good this year, but we are by no means head and shoulders above UCF.    

I also have to admit that the tailgate vs UCF was one of the funnest I have ever been to. This adds to me hoping we place this game for awhile.    

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I understand what your saying trip..  I just think that there might be some value to us acting a little big for our britches.  We are a program on the rise for sure.  We have made huge strides, but haven't really done anything major major -- if you know what i mean.

We need to win con titles and go to bigtime bowl games before we start thumbing our nose at anyone.

If we beat UCF 5 straight years I could understand us being reluctant.  Right now we don't need to be smugging anyone.

Lets play anyone who is worth a **** that wants to play us.  UCF should be a fixture on our schedule until we beat them 5 straight times.

Then we can talk about vested intrests.

We are starting to act a little bigger then I think we are.  Lets keep things in perspective.

A milestone will be when we knock off the West VA.   NOW that is a huge win.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

I understand what your saying trip..  I just think that there might be some value to us acting a little big for our britches.  We are a program on the rise for sure.  We have made huge strides, but haven't really done anything major major -- if you know what i mean.

We need to win con titles and go to bigtime bowl games before we start thumbing our nose at anyone.

If we beat UCF 5 straight years I could understand us being reluctant.  Right now we don't need to be smugging anyone.

Lets play anyone who is worth a **** that wants to play us.  UCF should be a fixture on our schedule until we beat them 5 straight times.

Then we can talk about vested intrests.

We are starting to act a little bigger then I think we are.  Lets keep things in perspective.

A milestone will be when we knock off the West VA.   NOW that is a huge win.

Well...Florida only lost to FSU twice out of their first 19 games of their series.

Should UF just canceled that series after the first 5 games?

Thankfully no.

KL

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

kl-would you agree to 1o year deal

6 in tampa 4 in orlando

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Didn't the state mandate that UF-FSU play?

Anyways, I still think DW should go with the 2 for 1 route. UCF would still get a game in Orlando, which is more than they would get from UF or FSU.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

Listen, I highly doubt this is a matter of holier than though or dodging or "swelling" to the point that we are above UCF. I just think it comes down to USF waiting to see if we can secure the Miami series. If we can, that is the series USF definitely wants. At the same time, FSU's schedule is opening up in future years as well. I would not be surprised if we were at least trying to get one home and home scheduled with them. There is also the possibility of getting a home and home with Florida considering the fact that we are giving them 2 in Gaysville. If those possibilities fall through, I am sure we will schedule UCF into the future. But lets remember, USF has not gotten as far as they have in 10 years by just blindly jumping on the first chance that comes their way. The UCF series is not going anywhere and USF can elect it at its leisure.

For all of those saying we can schedule both series with UCF and Miami......you are probably right.....if we do not want to have a national presence. In any given year that would give us upwards of 8-9 games in Florida. I for one would like games against the SEC schools (Miss, Miss St. LSU, UGA, Tenn.) but if we do not have flexibility in our future schedules, games like that become even more difficult to sign.

USF is doing the right thing here.....hold your cards until you are forced to play 'em