• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687
  • Days Won:  0

Play both of them if we can.  Having both Miami and UCF on our schedule every year is advantageous for us. As a member of the Big East, our conference away games are not road trip friendly.  This gives fans a chance to make a short drive to see an away game.  It also minimizes our matchups against the McNeese States of the world, which directly translates into more tickets sold.  

Secondly, playing these schools gives us extra media attention in two of the larger metropolitan areas in FL.  In College football few teams are able to recruit the top dogs from other states. Thus, you must be able to land the big dogs from your own turf if you wish to succeed.  Beating a Miami or UCF in their home stadium is not only demoralizing, but can help give us a boost in recruiting that area.    

Play em both is my motto.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

we owe C-DOA three games. I say give ucf a 2 @USF and 1 @ucf, take it or leave it....

If not then we can give the same deal to Tulane or SMU. I do not care either way. After all is said, USF is BCS and ucf is NOT!

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911

I agree. I'm sure that would help ballance out the travel budget too.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Play both of them if we can.  Having both Miami and UCF on our schedule every year is advantageous for us. As a member of the Big East, our conference away games are not road trip friendly.  This gives fans a chance to make a short drive to see an away game.  It also minimizes our matchups against the McNeese States of the world, which directly translates into more tickets sold.  

Secondly, playing these schools gives us extra media attention in two of the larger metropolitan areas in FL.  In College football few teams are able to recruit the top dogs from other states. Thus, you must be able to land the big dogs from your own turf if you wish to succeed.  Beating a Miami or UCF in their home stadium is not only demoralizing, but can help give us a boost in recruiting that area.    

StopMakingSense.jpg

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

If we owe Conference USA three games, how do we know that we don't get only 1 out of 3 at home?  One would think that this was already agreed upon when we left that conference.  I wouldn't think they'd do us any additional favors by giving us an extra home game.

Anyone know the extent of this exit agreement?

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

I say ....

"Play 'em all"

And that means not just Miami and UCF, but also UF, FSU, FIU, FAU and any other DI program in the state....

No reason UCF should be any more special because they are the squeaky wheel.  Yeah, they're easy to drive to, so I guess that is a bonus for the locals.  But I am sure fans would rather drive to Miami for that matchup than to Orlando for UCF.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Yep, I say play em both also.  I have a bunch of friends that went to UCF, and I just don't get all of the hostility between the two schools and fans.  In fact at my tailgate last year for the UCF game, it was about 50/50 of Bulls/Knights.  

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

Not sure if most of our fans would rather have the Miami road trip...    There was a lot of crying about the conditions in Miami last time around and we have yet to make a trip to Orlando.   As someone who has attended a few UCF games the conditions are not that much different for now.   Miami has the edge for being Miami, but venue wise it is pretty close.   The deciding factor will likely be how our fans are treated in Orlando.      

As for me, I would rather go to Miami.   We had a great time down there and I can go to Orlando anytime, but O'Leary is right about it being an easy win.    8-)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

of course

a no brainer

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

USF would look foolish to act arrogant and swell.

If they want the game PLAY UM.  EVERY SINGLE STINKIN YEAR.  We have nobody else to play out of conference.  It is better then having McNesse State on the stupid schedule.

All this poster board talk about us thinking we are big time makes me nervous.  We could very well get beat by these guys this year.  I am starting to get worried about this game now.

If the game draws 45K then it is a hit.  Play it every single year.

We aren't better then anyone at this point.  

No Con Titles.

No Bowl Wins

No Top 25 Ranking

NOTHING

Nobody is out of our league on the D-1 level at this point.

If they want a piece--- lets play!