• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Hill's career at USF going up in smoke

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Since I'm a social worker in training (graduate Spring '07  ;D), I would like to point out a couple of things.

Whether it's pot, coke, heroin, or other ILLEGAL substance, you cannot justify that one is less harmful than another.

But you can justify using alcohol and cigarettes, (very very very poisonous substances) because of legality?

That's some great logic they teach our "social workers".  You know, "social worker" the title just sounds like something you would have in say Communist China, or some other facist nation.

In a free country people decide what they can and can't do to themselves.  Not the government.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  128
  • Content Count:  580

I'm all about suspending him for a few games, but kicking a guy who was probably our biggest recruit ever because he got arrested with a little pot is just going to look bad.

Honestly, the fact that this statement was even a part of your thought process, let alone your arguement, voids your credibility and objectiveness about this.

Look, you guys take a lot of pride in being "ahead" of UCF in terms of beating a Top 25 team and being in the BCS...but we are ahead of you in at least one thing - driving a program with tons of potential and upside (Culpepper era) into the ground.  You can blame the MAC, you can blame scheduling, you can blame USFs success if you'd like - but it all comes down to the lack of discipline that went on at UCF.  You can't have off the field chaos and still achieve on-field success unless you're a program that simply has superior talent, and even then it catches up with the big boys.

Yeah, stories like this are fun to poke fun at for your rivals, but in all seriousness and objectiveness, your program is showing some symptoms that were all over ours in 2000-2003.

Good luck.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

HOT, yes you can.

Coke and Heroin destroy lives both mentally, physically, and financially, those substances cost much more than a $10 bag of pot.

Yes pot is illegal and it is a substance that I don't use nor care to use. However pot's effects have about 1/10th the effect of cocaine and heroin.

Even the law sees it in that light, how often do you see someone detained for having a small amount of pot as compared to small amount of coke or heroin.

Had coke or heroin been the drug used by C4, I would have a COMPLETELY different stance on the suspension, I would favor him being off this team in those cases.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

420 or 4/20 was also the date of Columbine and the birthdate of one Adolf Hitler.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

He made  another poor choice and that does seem to be his pattern. It was illegal and wrong is wrong and you hope you learn from your errors but at least he is in college and that is a positive thing.  We do need to give a chance and see what happens.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

HOT, yes you can.

Coke and Heroin destroy lives both mentally, physically, and financially, those substances cost much more than a $10 bag of pot.

Yes pot is illegal and it is a substance that I don't use nor care to use. However pot's effects have about 1/10th the effect of cocaine and heroin.

Even the law sees it in that light, how often do you see someone detained for having a small amount of pot as compared to small amount of coke or heroin.

Had coke or heroin been the drug used by C4, I would have a COMPLETELY different stance on the suspension, I would favor him being off this team in those cases.

Finally, a reasonable person on this board.  

Doesn't anyone see the hipocrasy in administering cortizone and other (proven) harmful steroids to college athelets to help them cope with injuries.  But wait, don't let them manage their own bodies and pain with a substance that has been repeatedly shown in medical lab testing to have absolutely no long term effect on the human body or brain.  Legality or not, where is the logic in this?    

Heroin destroys the body, but go to the doctors with any kind of injury or pain and you're given heroin (or other more powerful opiate derived pain medecations)?  Here's a news flash, opiates do NOT block pain receptors in the brain, THC does.  

Why are we now hearing about drug companies developing Marijuana based pain and naseua medications?  

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

That's all great, but the fact is it's ILLEGAL right now.  He broke a law.  There needs to be repercussions.

Whether or not is SHOULD be legal or not is an entirely different discussion.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Eats It...several of our underage players were drinking at a party I was at last year. It involves the same penalties as smoking Marijuana, should they be kicked off if they were caught too? It's illegal!

They sign a sheet for the NCAA saying they won't drink if they are underage, it's right next to the sheet that says they won't use a list of about 49 drugs and various forms of it.

The simple matter is pot is illegal and there should be reprecussion...however they should be in the form of a 2-3 game suspension and not kicking him off the team.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

I have NEVER used or even had the "temptation" of smoking weed.

For those that say that teens and young adults are prone to this and that it's a reality... speak for yourself.  

It's about the MORALS of representing a University as a student athlete (FREE F’ing RIDE).... **** shame.

I'm fu%king upset about this $hit.  It's hard to cheer for someone that has been caught doing bad things TWICE on campus (in HS and now in college).  I believe this kid is a total bust.  He needs to shape up QUICK for me to become a C4 fan again.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

seems like powers to be want hill off campus

he seems to have been targeted