• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Carlton Hill's career at USF going up in smoke

Guest BasketBull.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Only he knows????????

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

http://www.sptimesphotos.com/blogs/usf/2006/06/carlton-hill-arrested-on-marijuana.html

Carlton Hill arrested on marijuana charge

TAMPA -- USF quarterback Carlton Hill and two former Bulls football players were arrested Monday at a campus apartment on misdemeanor charges of possession of marijuana.

According to a USF Police report, Hill, 21, was arrested in a dormitory apartment with four other men, including former USF linebacker Devon Davis and former safety Drametrice Smith.

Coach Jim Leavitt declined to comment Thursday night, saying he would wait for more information before making any decision about Hill, who was released on his own recognizance and given a court date.

Leavitt said Hill has not been dismissed from the team, but a larger issue could come from USF’s Student Affairs committee, which can hand down sanctions for drug-related arrests on campus.

Hill, who was listed as USF’s starting quarterback entering spring drills, missed much of those workouts because of academic problems and lost the starting job. Leavitt has mentioned redshirting Hill this fall, and said he is also considering moving him to receiver.

Hill, who could not be reached for comment, was arrested and expelled from Jefferson County High School in March 2004 after he and a female student were found having consensual sex on school grounds.

He completed his senior year at an alternative school and adjudication was withheld on a charge of contributing to the delinquency of a minor after he completed probationary requirements.

Davis was dismissed from the team last spring after being arrested on drug charges in 2004. He spent six weeks in county jail this spring after being arrested for failing to appear in court on those charges. Davis and Smith last played for USF in 2004.

RECRUITING: A third member of USF’s incoming recruiting class has been lost to academic problems.

David Fonua, a defensive end from Bradenton Southeast, will not attend USF this fall after failing to meet initial eligibility requirements. He plans on taking entrance exams this fall and joining USF on scholarship in January.

Taking his spot as a scholarship freshman will be a high school teammate, receiver A.J. Love, a 6-foot-2, 185-pounder who will start summer classes on Monday.

Love had only nine catches as a senior, missing four games with an ankle injury, but is fast enough to reach the state track semifinals in the 200 meters.

“South Florida felt like home to me,” said Love, who had offers from The Citadel, Wake Forest and Florida A&M.

Defensive tackle Leslie Stirrups and quarterback Alwan Lee, who signed with USF in February, will attend junior college instead after failing to qualify academically.

ONE MORE NOTE: I talked to hoops recruit Hernol Hall on Thursday afternoon, hours before he was set to make his final official visit, to Oklahoma. Interestingly, he told me he's eliminated two of his final four schools -- but wouldn't tell me which ones. Oklahoma's obviously a finalist, else he wouldn't be taking the visit. And when asked about last weekend's visit to Gonzaga, he said "it was OK," which is glaring, because recruits typically rave about every visit they take. From what I hear, the trip to Spokane involved too many connecting flights and some lost luggage. So we'll pencil out the Zags. So it's either USF or Cincinnati vs. Oklahoma -- Hall should make a decision in about 10 days, when his summer classes at Lon Morris College wrap up.

OK, ONE MORE: Jefferson quarterback Stephen Garcia, being courted by the top programs in college football, will make an official campus visit to USF on Wednesday with his family. That's not to say USF is in his current top five or so, but it means he thinks enough of the Bulls to take a tour of campus and the athletic facility.

Garcia's dad, Gary, said he's always thought Stephen would leave Tampa for college, since he's spent his whole life here. Told that Garcia's two older brothers both went to Harvard for college, Jim Leavitt had one question for Garcia and his father: Where did those two brothers choose to start their lives when they graduated from Harvard? Both, you see, came back home to Tampa. So why rule a school out when it's the place your family keeps coming back to, he asked. And now he has Garcia for a visit. Looks like Garcia and Matt Simms are their top two targets, and with Hill's new problems, there could be one less quarterback to compete with in 2007.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,738
  • Days Won:  425

I think this pretty much settles it .... with the events of the last few days, we are now officially a basketball school.

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Glad to see Carlton is working hard to get this playbook down.  A few hundred less brain cells should help.  So should hanging with former drug offenders.   ::)

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890
  • Days Won:  0

can anyone say Grotheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Topic Count:  130
  • Content Count:  1,867
  • Days Won:  2

can anyone say Grotheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I can, but I wanted Grothe because he won the QB competition, but because CHill was in jail...

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Looks like he might be, "orange" shirted.

Quentin_Orange_1.jpg

Other teams available

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Glad I didn't pay $50 bucks for that brand new #4 jersey!

Thug Life!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

This kid could go downward fast. He needs a wake-up call for his own good.

If he wants to play football at USF he need to remain spotless for the rest of his career. I mean drugs, women and grades. I hate the way we bend over for some kids. CJL does a good job getting them out when they blow up on a large scale, but this may be a case when we need to show some CRM backbone. WWCRMD?

Nike: How those #4 jerseys selling now? Hot as Duke lacrosse? **** LOB beat meat to it.

c_smoke.txt

New nickname C-Smoke?

Off Topic: Looking at my old site I found this old logo I made.

CDOA.txt

That was when I was still in form.