• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami/Fort Lauderdale Alumni?!?!?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Alright BULLS fans in the 305, the 786, the 561, and everywhere in between....

I am so glad that we've finally been organizing alumni chapters in this area. Admittedly, due to my school schedule, my attendance so far to the few initial events hasn't been stellar. BUT, I was very much looking forward to having the Around the Horns event come to our area! Finally, a testament to the number of alumni living in this area - the Athletic coaches and Athletics staff visiting us and thanking us for our support!

........ except.........the number of USF license plates I see in Miami must not correlate to the number of people who registered for the event! I got an E-mail from Amabel (USF Bulls Club) letting me know as a registrant the following:

"Thank you for your support of the Around the Horns event. Unfortunately due to low response, the events in West Palm Beach and Miami have been postponed.  However, the Bulls Club plans to visit the

area in July and hope to meet with you. Again, than you for your support of the USF Bulls!"

You can't blame them for postponing due to low response! An event like this takes a lot of time to plan, time to execute, and money to make it happen. I bet scheduling is crazy too. I just have a bone to pick with the fact that the large alumni base here didn't register for Around the Horns!!!!

1) We MUST stampede Athletics with lots more alumni signing up if we want them to come down in July!

2) We MUST figure out why there was such a low turnout of interest! Was it marketing? Was it scheduling?? Was it a low percentage of Miami folks having memberships to the Bulls Club???

3) We MUST get more active with our new local chapter to ensure in the future that USF can always rely on its alumni in South Florida to show support!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Faza

Im also upset, email or call me and ill fill you in on what happened.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,675
  • Days Won:  29

Great post!

BULLS have to take ACTION !

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Whadda bout hector and his peeps?   Didn't he set us up w/ the bus at the miami game? He lives down there doesn't he?

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869
  • Days Won:  0

There are many schools of thought on the area of coordinating Alumni together...

I am working on the Lakeland event and I know our numbers are low right now for golfers.

If you are in the Orlando area, please get registered for the Around the Horns event.  

I look forward to seeing folks from the message board there.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

What is the golf event in Lakeland? Date? Price? Place? etc. I may be interested if I am available.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  172

I was dissappointed as well to hear the event was cancelled. I reside in West Palm Beach and I see alot of the Bulls license plate around. Palm Beach County alumni where are you at?

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

All of you in the Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm area, I apologize for the cancellation of the event.  We've got some work to do.

With that in mind, Amabel Aqui and I will be coming down to your area the last week in July to meet people and to get us organized so that next year this doesn't happen and we know well in advance we will have enough people.

If you are interested in meeting with us while we are there, we will probably be in West Palm in the morning/lunch and Miami in the afternoon/evening before heading back to Tampa.

Shoot me an email if you'd like to sit down with us and talk about what we need to do and what you would like to see.  Thanks.

Eric

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

Eric

Ill be there and ill pass the word around