• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great Expectations

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,636
  • Days Won:  424

Actually, I am delayed by an hour and half.  So, I am wasting time in OIA on the wireless net.  Pretty cool.  I also found some power for my laptop!

I need to get me one of them laptop one of these days ....

Yes, he does get the bonus if he gets 6 wins.  If he gets 6 wins, he goes to a non-BCS bowl game.

It is really that simple.

What if theywin 6 but are on probation? What if they win 6 but vote not to go to one of those lesser bowls? 6 wins does not automatically get him that bonus.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I need to get me one of them laptop one of these days ....

What if theywin 6 but are on probation? What if they win 6 but vote not to go to one of those lesser bowls? 6 wins does not automatically get him that bonus.

Or what if they win six games in a 12 season schedule but that's only good enough for say 6th or 7th in C-DOA and that doesn't get him invited to a bowl (you see it's not enough to qualify they've got to be invited).  So, 6 and 6 in a mediocre conference is satisfying.  To me that's counter-inuitive of Hitt's quotes wanting to be top 10.

If he so desperately wants to be top 10 then put in performance clauses and guarantees to suggest it.  Don't put in 'fat happy' awards to allow a guy to run around and beat Nova, Rice, ECU, SMU, Tulane, and FIU and then demand his incentive bonus.  That's complacency, if the winning is really about Central Florida and not O'Liar then Hitt wouldn't be afraid to push the envelop and force O'Liar to put his money where his mouth is.  Instead the first year he does something decent Hitt gives him a long ass guaranteed salary that will cost UCF tons to buyout from if anything happens.  Like I said, UCF fans had better hope that O'Leary is the messiah because if not he could turnout to be the anti-christ and make the snafu made with Coach K seem like a mere hiccup.

Or what if they win six games in a 12 season schedule but that's only good enough for say 6th or 7th in C-DOA and that doesn't get him invited to a bowl (you see it's not enough to qualify they've got to be invited).  So, 6 and 6 in a mediocre conference is satisfying.  To me that's counter-inuitive of Hitt's quotes wanting to be top 10.

If he so desperately wants to be top 10 then put in performance clauses and guarantees to suggest it.  Don't put in 'fat happy' awards to allow a guy to run around and beat Nova, Rice, ECU, SMU, Tulane, and FIU and then demand his incentive bonus.  That's complacency, if the winning is really about Central Florida and not O'Liar then Hitt wouldn't be afraid to push the envelop and force O'Liar to put his money where his mouth is.  Instead the first year he does something decent Hitt gives him a long ass guaranteed salary that will cost UCF tons to buyout from if anything happens.  Like I said, UCF fans had better hope that O'Leary is the messiah because if not he could turnout to be the anti-christ and make the snafu made with Coach K seem like a mere hiccup.

Bien, kind of got two scenarios intertwined here. My post you quoted was refering to Smith at MSU, not GOL....... you'll have to go back and read the posts leading up to it to see why.

• Topic Count:  81
  • Content Count:  2,239

Bien, kind of got two scenarios intertwined here. My post you quoted was refering to Smith at MSU, not GOL....... you'll have to go back and read the posts leading up to it to see why.

That's because Bien has made it a habit of talking out of his ass.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

a clause for 8 wins would make a statement even in a water down CUSA

$ 1M to a guy who went 0-11 in the mac

i really hope oliar turns out to be the man... or else this is a gross negligence at best (IMO, if in the next 3 yrs UCF does not win 10+ games per year then this was a failure)

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I got it, but I was referring to GOL and Mav's contention that 6 wins means he's going to a bowl.  That's not certain by any stretch.

Dawg, hardly talk out of my ass.  I typically use facts but coming from a UCF fan I can see why that would seem foreign.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  162

I don't get the 6 win incentive.  But I think that GOL and staff are good enough coaches to make UCF a top team in CUSA year in and year out.  He is a nationally recognized coach and this contract eliminates any school from using the "O'Leary won't be in a year" recruiting tactic away from opposing schools.  This is all predicated on him generating winning seasons, year in and  year out.

All school's have coaching questions.  I'm sure there are many USF fans who don't understand why Leavitt hasn't made a move on the offensive side of the ball with respect to coaching with what has happened over the past few years.

That's because Bien has made it a habit of talking out of his ass.

Like MTK does?

I don't get the 6 win incentive.  But I think that GOL and staff are good enough coaches to make UCF a top team in CUSA year in and year out.

They and So Miss should be the top two teams in that conference most years ..... it's too bad they're in the same division.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Like MTK does?

That is not fair!   ;D

You do bring up some scenarios where they may not pay Smith the money for 6 wins.  But those are FAR extremes.  There may be another clause in GO's or Smiths contract that states no bonuses are paid if the team is on probabtion.  As for MSU not selecting a bowl game, come on, we aren't talking about Michigan here.  MSU would take whatever was offerred.

I never contended GO would get to a bowl with 6 wins.

Now, the thing you guys need to realize is that a 6 - 6 record for UCF could easily be a 5 -3 record in CUSA.  We schedule some **** tough competition OOC in future years (UM, Texas, UF, etc.).  So, assuming we make no progress (in ya'lls dreams) we would lose our OOC games and have to win 5 or 6 CUSA games to become eligible.

So, the message to GO is win your freakin conference!  I would have liked to see the clause for 7 or more games but 6 is most certainly not out of the ordinary.

Remember, we haven't really been able to look at the other contracts that are out there.