• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Great Expectations

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I doubt it.

Don't forget, he took some players from a has-been coach and won more games than your coach did with the players he recruited.

And he has national exposure since winning National Coach of the Year honors.  People North of Tarpon Springs think Leavitt is something you take if you can't get an erection.

Given we were one of your toughest opponents all year last season I wouldn't brag to much.   Transitive comparison would have had us at 11-1 with your record and in the Liberty Bowl.  Sounds like fun, but thanks I prefer my view from the top.

Could this be anothre one of Orsini's genius extensions and contract negotiations, extending before getting a full glimpse into whether this is the right move or not.  Remember his brilliant extension and re-negotiation of Coach K's contract?  He had a good season the prior year too.

I suppose we shall see, but those first six games are some real doozies on your schedule, sans Nova, it should be interesting to see how things turn about.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Because crap happens in 10 years time.  That's why.  If things go south for a year and then continue, we end up saving the money.

I believe Leavitt has the same clause.  You are correct in saying he is not of the stature of O'Leary.  That is for sure.

And it is a bit difficult to analyze contracts of NCOY winners.  There aren't that many still coaching in the NCAA's amongst the past 20 winners.

You 'believe' Leavitt has the same clause, or you 'know'.  This lies the problem discussing much about UCF or USF with you Mav, you spend to much time 'believing' and not enough relying on facts.  For example Triple asked you two days ago for proof, and still none.

But at least your passionate.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  709

Well, I am off to the airport for another trip to KC.  I will be logging on tonight to answer all you clowns.

You guys simply do not get anything do you?  THINK once in a while....

LOL ... seriously doubt this  8)

Don't.

Its true.  If I could find a site that had the contracts on it I would prove it to you.

But many coaches at BCS schools have incentive clauses that are typically ridiculous.

But you guys are new to this college football thing.

Well, here is ONE that I found, granted he is NOT a NCOY as O'Leary is.  But it is a huge BCS school and a huge dollar amount.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06152/694751-144.stm

I won't say any more to see of you guys are smart enough to figure out who it is....

HINT: It is near the bottom of the article.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,674
  • Days Won:  424

Don't.

Its true.  If I could find a site that had the contracts on it I would prove it to you.

But many coaches at BCS schools have incentive clauses that are typically ridiculous.

But you guys are new to this college football thing.

They're not ridiculous for some schools, BCS or otherwise. The point, that you keep on missing, is you tout GOL as a NCOY and the savior for your football program yet HE has an incentive clause to hit 500 frigging percent. Think Bowden or Paterno have one of those? Again, if this IS standard for college coaches with the pedigree that you want to annoint GOL with then I'll back off ......... until then, have fun in KC.    8)

Well, here is ONE that I found, granted he is NOT a NCOY as O'Leary is.

That's the point, MTK, Smith is NOT a "highly touted" NCOY .... and technically, it wasn't just for hitting 6 wins.

What's funny is this, though: And Smith is one of the few coaches, if not the only other coach, in Division I-A football reported to have a buyout price tag equal to Rodriguez's.

Apparently the big signing in Oveido didn't reverberate through the world of college football or maybe they thought the $5 million was a typo ...

That's the point, MTK, Smith is NOT a "highly touted" NCOY .... and technically, it wasn't just for hitting 6 wins.

What's funny is this, though: And Smith is one of the few coaches, if not the only other coach, in Division I-A football reported to have a buyout price tag equal to Rodriguez's.

Apparently the big signing in Oveido didn't reverberate through the world of college football or maybe they thought the $5 million was a typo ...

Well, "technically" this was the only one I found after searching for 25 seconds.

And since he is in one of the most respected conferences in the BCS, it is "technically" for six wins since that is what makes you bowl eligible.  If you can show me a bowl eligible team in the ACC, Big Ten, or SEC, that did NOT go to a bowl, then I will say you are correct.

But you can't.....

More to come.

Well, "technically" this was the only one I found after searching for 25 seconds.

And since he is in one of the most respected conferences in the BCS, it is "technically" for six wins since that is what makes you bowl eligible.  If you can show me a bowl eligible team in the ACC, Big Ten, or SEC, that did NOT go to a bowl, then I will say you are correct.

But you can't.....

More to come.

Did you miss your flight??  ........... Spin it all you want but Smith does not get that particular bonus for just hitting 6 wins ... and anyway, I said it wasn't that big of a deal for some coaches to have that clause but we're talking a "highly touted" NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR. Just focus on those NCOY's and if you find some (besides Mike Price), I'll lay off GOL.

Did you miss your flight??  ........... Spin it all you want but Smith does not get that particular bonus for just hitting 6 wins ... and anyway, I said it wasn't that big of a deal for some coaches to have that clause but we're talking a "highly touted" NATIONAL COACH OF THE YEAR. Just focus on those NCOY's and if you find some (besides Mike Price), I'll lay off GOL.

Actually, I am delayed by an hour and half.  So, I am wasting time in OIA on the wireless net.  Pretty cool.  I also found some power for my laptop!

Yes, he does get the bonus if he gets 6 wins.  If he gets 6 wins, he goes to a non-BCS bowl game.

It is really that simple.