• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

PATHETIC!

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Sends a big signal throughout the country about our desire to build national championship programs when we pay coaches this:

"Whoever is USF's next coach will likely require a larger salary. Cardieri's $64,000 salary ranked as the third-lowest among the 61 BCS schools with baseball programs"

--

What a joke!  Totally embarassing.  How do you expect to attract anyone of quality with that type of pay.  They got guys putting in cable and internet working for Brighthouse Communicationos making more then that.

This whole athletic department is just satuarated in averageness.  If you don't have a enough money to pay a coach and build a stadium -- then you don't have a program.

64K for a baseball coach at the 8th largest university in the United States.  Totally laughable.

Smazza help me out on this argument and point -- the "everthing is great at USF" crowd is going to hammer me again.

How we got the god child Jim Leavitt with this type of funding is just pure luck -  We owe our entire exitence to the man himself.  Thanks CJL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Days Won:  0

Do you write donation checks to help cover it?

Until we have a donor base that provides enough funds to help the olympic sports they'll always be on the short end of the stick.

Just where do you think the cash comes from to pay everyone?

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,433

That was a mind blower...wow.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

I donated 500 bucks.

I don't know what to say.  Maybe concentrate on the two sports that will bring in money -- basketball and football.

I don't know.  Maybe hire a fundraising firm to help increase cash flow.  Makes no sense to even have a baseball program if you pay the coach 60K and give him a barnyard to play in.

Just seems odd.

Hopefully CJL can get us to a BCS bowl and help the cause.  We don't seem to be raising any money -- that is for sure.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Do you write donation checks to help cover it?

Great one. Ari, your right they need more money. Join me in buying a flex pass just to support baseball. Lead by example.  

I'll start by vowing to buy a "Flex Pass*" ($100) to baseball if they make a head coaching change. I will also donate those tickets to USF to sell or donate as they see fit.

BULLS FLEX PASS:  If you're a fan of all Bulls sports, the flex pass may be for you.  For just $100 you will receive a pass good for all regular season home games to five Bulls sports.  The pass will get you and a guest in to all home baseball, softball, volleyball, men's soccer and women's soccer games.  

Call 1-800-GoBulls to order.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I don't know what to say.  Maybe concentrate on the two sports that will bring in money -- basketball and football.

You cannot do that.  Title IX requirements.  And before anyone gets their undies in an bind and bitches about liberal legislation, remember that this came from the Nixon administration, and it also protects males from reverse discrimination.

http://www.american.edu/sadker/titleix.htm

I don't know.  Maybe hire a fundraising firm to help increase cash flow.  Makes no sense to even have a baseball program if you pay the coach 60K and give him a barnyard to play in.

Just seems odd.

Hopefully CJL can get us to a BCS bowl and help the cause.  We don't seem to be raising any money -- that is for sure.

What would you like to do, hold a bake sale?   ::)

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

PATHETIC!

Thought this was the Hinkelberger autobiography...

Thanks for your $500....only 127 other morons and your whole group can fund Eddie's base pay - and then ***** about yourselves.  Congratulations.

You are pathetic Ari..  

• Topic Count:  52
  • Content Count:  260

Amazing you get what you want by eddie leaving. And still complain! I along with about everyone else def would be fine with you giving 500 bucks and leaving!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

If we can raise $500 to match your donation, do you promise to never come back here Ari?

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Ari is right , if you buy a Hyundia then you get a Hyundia.  The 25,000 dollar question, no pun intended, is what do we pay the poor tennis coach?  EC isnt feeling too bad, he actually ends up getting a pay raise with his new job at FedEx.  That really is pathetic.

your second favorite,

herman