• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How much $$$

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Keep teaching us...the better informed we are the better we will be able to help.

Thanks.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Great conversations and education!

Thanx Eric & Vicki and BULLS on this board for a civil conversation.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Before long, however, we'll have more structured opportunities for participation in each specific facility.

As for an update, the Athletic Training Center is complete, the Track Complex is funded, and we hope to share some good news very soon on another part of the project.   Stay tuned, and don't hesitate to ask questions or make suggestions.

Love the enthusiasm!   Go Bulls!

Vicki

Why does it always seem like things are "coming soon" and not "here it is, check it out!"?

I dont know if it's because the previous AD was sitting on his hands all day or what, but shouldnt all these "plans" have already been made a reality? A lot of it is common sense stuff...

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

200,000 (Alumni) x $50 (avg donation) = $10,000,000 (chump change)

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

Turkey and Minotaur:

Your numbers do work in theory, don't get me wrong.  But of those 200,000 alumni, not all have an interest in supporting athletics.  Many of those alumni where here when there were no athletic programs and an even larger percentage prior to football, obviously our most popular sport.

Our numbers are increasing in the people that support us.  The Around the Horns events are exactly what you are referring to as it reaches out to alumni and fans in areas throughout the state so that we can communicate our message and update them on projects, while hopefully raising a little money as well.  I would love it if every alumnus would give $50, but not every one has the passion for our athletic programs that most people on this board have.  And I'd be willing to bet there are several people on this board who haven't supported USF Athletics by making a gift or buying season tickets in quite some time.  

Eric

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Turkey and Minotaur:

I would love it if every alumnus would give $50, but not every one has the passion for our athletic programs that most people on this board have.

The keywords in my formula are "average donation".

Hell, I'm not a alum and I've given more than that.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Disclaimer: I may have been wrapping up a Memorial Day adult beverage fest when I posted my last message.

I do think that there is an opportunity to rally the masses to support USF. Even with a grassroots internet cmapaign. Low cost, high potential. Selling jerseys/merchandise is one way to start. Look how Howard Dean raised money, sure he threw it away with his exuberence but he had it through grass roots small support.

Just as I have railed that Cardieri never sold the dream, I don't think that there has been much of an effort to sell the athletic dream to the USF alumni/students.

Get the greeks to use the merchandise sales as a way to raise money themselves. Offer them temporary prefered seating areas at the SunDome/RayJay for raising the most money. Use the Sundome to throw concert fundraisers. Its an existing resource, solicite local bands and throw a student oriented event. I know that there are limitations and cash flow issues but I would run the athletic department like a small business, fighting for every dollar I could get. It seems that we take the "high road" and wind up crying poor.

Just think how we could lower the price of jerseys if we bought 10,000  ;)

I would love it if every alumnus would give $50, but not every one has the passion for our athletic programs that most people on this board have.  

And I'd be willing to bet there are several people on this board who haven't supported USF Athletics by making a gift or buying season tickets in quite some time.  

Eric

I would guarantee you are right and I would also guarantee that they haven't been asked either. That or they may still be bitter for getting the screws put to them after supporting the football program from day one and then getting the screws put to them when they missed a step.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

the state or usf needs to plop down millions to get facilities built

there is no excuse to be second rate

those ladies,ericson and usf students deserve the best

THIS SHOULD BE HIGHEST PRIORITY

THIS IS WHERE USF AND ATHLETIC DEPT NEED STRONG LEADERSHIP

WOOLDARD-WHERE ARE YOU?

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

WOOLDARD-WHERE ARE YOU?

Haven't you read anything?

They're working on it.  They're not going to keep us informed daily of their progress.

Plop down a few million and you could have Mazza Softball Complex.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Plop down a few million and you could have Mazza Softball Complex.

I'd plop down a few thousand for the "SMazza Urinal at Ericksen Softball Complex."    ;)

Imagine the fun after a few beers!  Put ___ Eats It avatar square in the middle and fire away.  

Just kidding Steve, I know think you mean well.    ;D