• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Yet another offseason filler: GameDay Experience

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Tell what would make the GameDay experience ideal for you. This is not an OCS debate, but rather, what would you like to see, given what we've got?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

More than 3 hours in the lots, they didn't enforce it at times, but it seemed some games they were sticklers on it. I'd also like to hang out a lil after games. Not get rushed out to sit in the traffic.

• Topic Count:  617
  • Content Count:  4,879

Keep all the home games at night.

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

I loved it when the Herd of Thunder came around and played before the game in the South Lot for the UCF game.  I don't know if they do it for every game, but it gets you pumped up to beat up on the Knights.  

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  66

we do play before every game all around the south lotending with th econcert on the road on the south side of the stadium

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Quarter, halftime and game stats on BullsVision.  Also, stats and a photo of players who have achieved or is approaching a USF season or lifetime record.  This will help personalize some of the players with those in the stands.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

Keep all the home games at night.

I agree.  It just seems like most schools plays some games during the day, for all schools down here in the FLA, day games are too hot, and USF has always had night games.

If ESPN wants us on TV, make them work for us. If ESPN wants a lively crowd, keep the games at night.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Quarter, halftime and game stats on BullsVision.  Also, stats and a photo of players...... This will help personalize some of the players with those in the stands.

This would help a lot for geeks, like me.

Other than that, it's up to the FANS to start some traditions, cheer wise.

There are some things to consider - the scoreboards (the large and small ones) are the only places where USF can make money on advertising - so they do everything they can to maximize the time and space for sponsors (St Pete Times, CGM Services, McDonald's, etc).

However, given those limitations, I would agree with those who said more stats about the current game, as well as scores for the other Big East, Florida, and Top 25 teams.

For me, I would like to stop the speaker music during stoppages of play.  HOT should be the only music we hear from the national anthem to the final gun.  A football game is not a night club.  If you want people to hear HOT, then put microphones in/near that section.  If you need to make an announcement or something for a sponsor, then have the HOT mics with a cut-off switch.  When I watch other games, I don't hear the ***** Cat Dolls or Jay-Z over their PA systems, I hear their bands.

Get rid of Paul Porter.  I'd rather have no announcer than his... "let's hear it for the Bulls Deeeeefeeennnnnccce".  He makes my skin crawl.

Put muzzle on the moron who thinks the two bits cheer at USF is a good idea. Tell him Gainesville is 120 miles north and he should go there or make up a different cheer.  We don't use any other cheers from other schools -- why borrow that one?  Next time he does it, he should be banned from the any future Bulls games.

Open the lots early. Way early.  A 7:00pm kickoff? How about a the lots open at Noon?  Then we need to make sure fans get there.  Too many fans have "other things to do" during the day, so they show up to tailgate at 5:00pm or don't tail gate at all.  This is a drawback to having all of our home games at night - fewer people want to give up an entire Saturday afternoon to hang out at Ray Jay.  But if we are going to build a tradition, this is one area we can do it.

Get Rocky a football uniform and lose the Wonder Woman bracelets.  The new Rocky head looks good, but the rest of the outfit leaves something to be desired.  It cant be that expensive to  get a jersey for Rocky.

Don't get me wrong - despite these suggestions a Bulls game at Ray Jay is a great even... because we are there to watch football.  These are just a few things that could polish the experience a bit more.

Just my two cents.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,088
  • Days Won:  469

Since I am not there so much anymore, about the only thing that really annoyed me was the three hour tailgate window.  I would like to see the games in the evening with an extended tailgate.  How better to build some Bulls Community.

I still think back to the Alabama game.  I arrived there very early and was amazed at what a day-long experience the 'Bama folks made tailgating - they took it pretty seriously.  The way it was in Tampa when I was there was there was barely enough time to set-up before you had to take down.  It would be nice if we had extra time to wander around and meet fellow Bulls - build some relationships, etc.

Once I am in the stadium, my only thought goes to how the place doesn't feel like "home", but hen now I am on the OCS debate... ;)