• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

This board would be lost without me.  I was one of the originals to bring the house of criticisms toward mac.  

Don't flatter yourself...the Dark Side formed long before you stumbled across this board.  Take a look on the Hall of Fame board, you'll see there were those against the current leadership then...only they had a little more class.

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=newhof;action=display;num=1108871275

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

<-----

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

IF they can win at Dayton and at Gonzaga.  We can win at South Florida.  7 conference wins in three years is totally unacceptable.  

See things like this make you look dumb. Dayton and Gonzaga have boosters giving thousands of dollars to the school. Both schools would (and have) sold out even when the team is doing bad bad. Neither school has major college football (Dayton is D-IAA non scholly; Gonzaga has no team) Mason has no football team either.

What do they have in common? [glb]Basketball is their ONLY revenue sport.[/glb]

SO guess where their money goes?

Our school is doing the smart thing. They are building a killer football program at the moment.  Basketball is a revenue sport, but it pulls in MUCH less money than football. Which is the reason why athletic departments at Kansas and IU have struggled financially while schools like Florida and Texas have been able to spare no cost for either their basketball and football teams.

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528
  • Days Won:  0

Whatever your opinion of Mac, it is disturbing nonetheless that the attrition of players that HE selected to rebuild this program is becoming the norm. It's one thing to have Seth's guys' bolt on him like Baxter, but Mac and USF have invested time and resources on guys like Dennis. Why do guys keep leaving our program? This is not right, and this is not normal.

Our luck with injuries should be reason enough to have a DEEP roster this year. I don't see how you guys can say "we're deep at guard this year, who cares." Come on. I want to see bonafide D1 players on the court.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

See things like this make you look dumb. Dayton and Gonzaga have boosters giving thousands of dollars to the school. Both schools would (and have) sold out even when the team is doing bad bad. Neither school has major college football (Dayton is D-IAA non scholly; Gonzaga has no team) Mason has no football team either.

What do they have in common? [glb]Basketball is their ONLY revenue sport.[/glb]

SO guess where their money goes?

Our school is doing the smart thing. They are building a killer football program at the moment.  Basketball is a revenue sport, but it pulls in MUCH less money than football. Which is the reason why athletic departments at Kansas and IU have struggled financially while schools like Florida and Texas have been able to spare no cost for either their basketball and football teams.

Joe, what's funnier is Dayton has been to the Final Four, back in the late 60's I believe.  They're not a flash in the pan just discovered hoops school.  A long storied history, and all the money goes to hoops unlike us.  

The dollars are slowly arriving, and hoops will be taken care of, in particular the Sun Dome renovations and upgrades.   The program is a revenue producer, not on par with football, but could easily make a huge jump in that arena with a sound product now that they're in the Big East.  

Whatever your opinion of Mac, it is disturbing nonetheless that the attrition of players that HE selected to rebuild this program is becoming the norm. It's one thing to have Seth's guys' bolt on him like Baxter, but Mac and USF have invested time and resources on guys like Dennis. Why do guys keep leaving our program? This is not right, and this is not normal.

Our luck with injuries should be reason enough to have a DEEP roster this year. I don't see how you guys can say "we're deep at guard this year, who cares." Come on. I want to see bonafide D1 players on the court.

I agree, very disturbing indeed.  In fact some negative fans are not listening to another big problem that could be in USF's hands next year.  I have been harping on the fact that USF could be decent next year- no matter how much guys want to pound on Mac he has been building for this year and then we'll be in a real quagmire.  We're losing Sojo but we're adding lots more perimeter help, which Mac likes.  That European trip, the transfers, his ability to improve players....  What happens if this guy does well and starts to become more popular with a fraction of fans?  I hope Woolard sees the truth and not allow the fact that a few well timed transfers got him a year reprieve.

I am worried from the standpoint I can see us doing well (and all you darksiders can pray but what would you say if Howard and Verdejo turn out to be the real deal, and Gransberry a solid inside presence?, what do you do if we do have success and your gloom and doom must be put on hold?).  I've turned the corner, and realize this relationship is not a good fit despite how well next season turns out.   I mean it would take an absolutely outstanding early signing period for me to change my tune.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

You think G. Mason has money.  My brother graduated from there.  They have NO money.

You think Dayton and Gonzaga where big programs in the 90's.  Gonzaga was unheard off until 99-00.

You are so lost.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ari you're a moron, plain and simple.

I know Mason has no money, but they aren't trying to split their athletic donations between football and basketball...football is about 3-4 times more in costs than basketball.

Gonzaga might not have been heard from but they have always had good attendance and support from the community. They also don't have football (notice a trend?)

Dayton has been in the top 30 in attendance for about 30 years they have several big end boosters, been to a final 4, won a NIT, and averaged 12,000+ last season (a 14-17 campaign). Once again they have D-IAA Non Scholarship football...

Ari you're a moron, plain and simple.

I know Mason has no money, but they aren't trying to split their athletic donations between football and basketball...football is about 3-4 times more in costs than basketball.

Gonzaga might not have been heard from but they have always had good attendance and support from the community. They also don't have football (notice a trend?)

Dayton has been in the top 30 in attendance for about 30 years they have several big end boosters, been to a final 4, won a NIT, and averaged 12,000+ last season (a 14-17 campaign). Once again they have D-IAA Non Scholarship football...

It's like talking to a maccaw joe.  You'd think by now they'd realize how borish the same repetitive argument is with no substantive facts to back up their claims.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

Bien... I understand what you are syaing about the team performing to a level just good enough to allow him to keep his job, but in reality not really showing the improvement in a significant manner to take us to the next level.  What you say makes sense to me.

My feeling is we need to hold him acccountable.  If he doesn't achieve to the level of thins we have discussed on here then it's time to give someone that can do it the opportunity.  If he turns out to be the guy that's fine, then it has been time well spent.  i don't see that to be the case, but if he does get the job done then we'll be behind him.