• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is why we need an OCS......

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I think your discounting the fact that Students get in free (11 per hour athletic fee) and there are other circumstances. I don't see us making 1 Mil a game, two of the biggest revenue making schools in Ohio State and Florida pull in 3 Million a game with over 90,000 in each stadium and all luxery suite money going to the schools.

I do believe down the line an OCS is going to happen. However, it is not feasible at this time.

Oh it's feasible.  That has been determined, however it will take the raising of some substantial equity.  For the time being USF has other needs that are more immediate and must be tended to first- baseball and softball stadium, soccer stadium, dining and nutritional center, etc.  Also, it would behoove us to grow into a stadium so we're building one for the ages not for the moment.  Again, the total I heard was $90M by today's standard construction costs....In ten years the cost will most certainly go up, but I would expect so would interest and ticket sales.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

I'll throw in the 1st 5 bucks to blow up MOSI....  ;D

Come on now my kids love MOSI.   :o

I think your discounting the fact that Students get in free (11 per hour athletic fee) and there are other circumstances. I don't see us making 1 Mil a game, two of the biggest revenue making schools in Ohio State and Florida pull in 3 Million a game with over 90,000 in each stadium and all luxery suite money going to the schools.

I do believe down the line an OCS is going to happen. However, it is not feasible at this time.

No, I was estimating that by 2007 we could average around 40,000 tickets sold. But even it we only sell 30,000 tickets per game, that is still $750,000 per game or $4.5 million per season.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  115

Believe it or not we aren't completly helpless in our negotiation. We do have another venue in the area we can use.  Back in the day TSA tried to stick it to us and we turned around and drew up plans to play at Tropicana.  A football filed does fit at a slight angle to the main stands. Now most of this was done as a negotiation tool but we did heavly consider this in the early days.

The biggest reason for this raising the rent is TSAs cost have gone up and they need to recoup some of their cost.  We have always had a good relationship with them.  Just remember we almost played at Tropicana.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Believe it or not we aren't completly helpless in our negotiation. We do have another venue in the area we can use.  Back in the day TSA tried to stick it to us and we turned around and drew up plans to play at Tropicana.  A football filed does fit at a slight angle to the main stands. Now most of this was done as a negotiation tool but we did heavly consider this in the early days.

The biggest reason for this raising the rent is TSAs cost have gone up and they need to recoup some of their cost.  We have always had a good relationship with them.  Just remember we almost played at Tropicana.

God help us.

• Topic Count:  646
  • Content Count:  7,890

DEATH TO THE TSA

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

football at the trop...NOT!

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

I don't like baseball at the trop... football?