• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fisher Did Not Violate USF Policies

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I hope to see more of Fisher at tailback, unless Hall and the FR can explode on the scene as we expect.

Go BULLS !!!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236
  • Days Won:  0

Cuban, I hope for his kids sake that you are right, but Fishers track record is very evident.  I don't care if he plays for usf, he has not done anything not to play.  The concerning thing is, it is very apparent that he was arrested then he was not.  Whether the Trib got the story wrong is not of importance.  When there is a warrant for your arrest, the cops don't detain.  He got special treatment from the usf police force.  That is a viloation under ncaa rules.

Guest bullman33

USF is worse then FSU and Miami?? :-/  And this statement is coming from a ucf fan, a school that has had 2 major scandals within the past 8 years that cost two head coaches their jobs, not to mention more then a dozen players kicked off the team.  LOL  If any school is worse then fsu or um, it is ucf.  I dont think any other school lost control of the program once, never mind twice within the past decade in FL, except ucf.  Then to go off and hire another head coach that was involved in his own scandal.  Way to go!  Lying and deceiving, he should fit in well.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  1,378
  • Days Won:  1

Come to think of it, UCF is the only D1 school in the state of Florida to fire a head coach the past 10-15 years, and they have done it twice within 10.  Things must be going well in otown.

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  1,261

STK - How did he get preferential treatment from USF Police?  If there was a warrant (can you provide some evidence of that) it was not issued by the USF Police.  If the USF Police did in fact detain him and transfer him to Hills Co Sheriff Dept and the Hills  Co sheriff Dept decided not to arrest or pursue further then tell me how that relates to the USF Police?  USF Police simply have no responsiblity to arrest or investigate students for matters that aren't related directly to the University.  If a crime was committed on campus then they are responsible for investigating and arresting.  However, the Fisher issue is not a campus issue and limits them to simply detaining him as a courtsey to the Hills Co Sheriff Dept.

Come on.  Quit trying to slander and point fingers.

"Come to think of it, UCF is the only D1 school in the state of Florida to fire a head coach the past 10-15 years, and they have done it twice within 10.  Things must be going well in otown. "

Wrong, UF fired two coaches in two years.  Gary Darnell and Galen Hall, both fired in 1989.  

STK - How did he get preferential treatment from USF Police?  If there was a warrant (can you provide some evidence of that) it was not issued by the USF Police.

The warrant would not have been issued by USF, but by the Pensacola Police Department, where the crime occured.  Note as follows:

According to the USF arrest report, Fisher was wanted by officials in Pensacola and was arrested at 7:53 a.m. in Parking Lot 35 on the USF campus. Fisher attended Pine Forest High School in Pensacola. As with any campus arrest, the case will be reported to Student Affairs.

Now here the Tribune is actually quoting the USF arrest report, which now does not exist.  Sorry, but this smells and its gonna come out eventually.

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

According to the Oracle it was a CIVIL matter, NOT a Criminal one.

It was looked at by Legal Counsel and it didn't come within the policy guidelines.

It's just a matter of USF POLICY.

It has NOTHING at all to do with what happens to him in the courts.

Every school adopts and interprets its own policies.

Here is that article:

USF says Fisher didn't violate policy

By Adam Adkins

Sports Editor

April 19, 2004

USF released a statement Friday stating that senior running back/ wide receiver Brian Fisher did not violate a university athletic policy requiring athletes who have been arrested to notify both the head coach and USF associate athletic director for compliance Steve Horton within 24 hours.

In the statement, the university said Fisher was not arrested but rather detained for a civil matter March 22 for owing almost $17,500 in delinquent child support payments. It was reported Fisher notified only USF coach Jim Leavitt following that incident.

However, when Fisher turned himself in to law enforcement officials March 28 on a warrant charging him with driving with a suspended/revoked license, USF said he complied with the athletic policy and notified both Horton and Leavitt within 24 hours.

Athletes who fail to comply with the policy following an arrest could receive at least a two-game suspension. The USF football team opens the 2004 season with consecutive home games against Pittsburgh and Tennessee Tech.

Fisher, last year's offensive MVP, missed a week of spring drills immediately following his arrest but participated in the April 10 spring game at Raymond James Stadium. In that game, Fisher rushed for 95 yards on 14 carries and a touchdown in helping the Green team defeat the White team 10-6.

Howie, its not a civil matter, its a state matter.  Every article, including those from USF clearly state he was arrested.  Do a little research, you will find that Fisher was booked on 3/22/04 at 7:53.  If you read the booking report, which is public record, you would see that on the Hillsboro County report, it shows that the charge was Contempt of Court, and WAS ARRESTED by USF Police.  Now that is on the Hillsboro County booking report.  I won't put the booking number here because its not apprpriate, but you can't be booked into a County jail unless you are arrested.  Other wise, its false imprissonment.  

You can laugh about this all you want, but the records are out there and it will come to light how the arrest record at USF magically disappeared.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  15

I can not understand for the life of me why you **** UCF people are worried so much about Brian Fisher.  You know the exact time he was arrested or whatever and everything about him.  Have any of you ever got the chance to ever talk to Brian?  Do any of you know what exactly happened to him or what his situation is?  You know nothing about him.  I personally do not know the whole situation at hand here.  It is not my business it is his and his families business.  Now what a lot of you are saying is Brian should no longer be aloud to play football and he should go and get a job.  Well I would love to see how far he would get without a college education.  He can get a job getting minimium wage.  Wow that would be a great way to support his family.  I would how long it would take him to pay back that $17,000  working for $6.50 and hour.  Now in my opinion there is no way he should have to pay that much.  Before all of you people go blasting me let me finish.  He should not have to pay THAT amount.  He should have to do something but $17,000 for a college student who has come from nothing is a little bit over the top.  Most people pay child support based on what they make.  Well Brian makes no where near $17,000 a year playing football.  He is however going to school trying to better himself and become a productive member of society.  A lot of you posters talk about education but when a problem comes up you want to just get rid of someone.  If it was not for football Brian probably would not be able to go to college.  Now he has almost got his degree.  

Lets face it many of us have sex and we do not know what his situation is.  He may have wore a condom or what ever I do not know therefore I can not comment,  but realistically how many of us (people on the computer) have had sex in college.  Pretty much all of us.  Chances are we probably had a lot more support financially and from our parents should something like this happen.  I mean hell it is basically USF and UCF people arguing about who school is better on here and people from UCF talking about how bad USF is and so on and so forth.  I do not know Brian situation but lets give him a chance although I do believe he should be involved in his children life.  I have 2 little girls and there is nothing I hate more than deadbeat dads, but at least he is getting his degree and will be able to provide later as opposed to never.  Now if this problem was happening after he graduated well let him go to jail.

Hey, I want Brian to graduate, I hope he makes it in the NFL so he can take care of his kids.  I am glad he is not in jail and I wish him no harm.  

The problem is he was to serve a two game suspension if he was arrested.  The first of which would have been against Pitt, at Ray Jay.  Now every account says he was arrested and according to the the USF student newspaper, it was the USF police that arrested him.  According to the Hillsboro County Jail, he was arrested by USF also.  Now it magically changed according the USF, but not Hillsboro County.

You want to defend Brian, fine, but why is he being treated different then everyone else, maybe because he is USF's best player?

Either way, I am not attacking Brian, I am attacking a program and school that is rewarding a father that turned his back on two kids.