• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fisher Did Not Violate USF Policies

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

USF: Fisher Did Not Violate Policies

Published: Apr 17, 2004

TAMPA - The University of South Florida announced Friday that senior running back/receiver Brian Fisher did not violate USF athletics policies and will not be suspended for two games.

USF said Fisher, the Bulls' offensive MVP in 2003, was only detained - not arrested - last month on charges of owing nearly $17,500 in delinquent child support payments to two women.

``After consulting with the university general council, it was determined that [Fisher] was not arrested [for delinquent child support],'' USF associate athletic director Barbara Sparks-McGlinchy said. ``Therefore, a suspension is unwarranted.''

USF's code of conduct policy requires athletes that are arrested to notify their head coach and associate athletic director Steve Horton within 24 hours, or they would get at least a two-game suspension.

Less than a week after his detainment, Fisher turned himself in and was arrested for driving with a revoked/suspended driver's license, but did notify Coach Jim Leavitt and Horton. If Fisher, who led USF with 936 all-purpose yards last season, had been suspended, he would have missed the season's first two games, against Pittsburgh and Tennessee Tech.

Leavitt could not be reached for comment.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGAXSA2Z4TD.html

Well, that's good. We certainly need him.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

OH! OH! here come the gnat conspiracy theorists!

better move this post quick!

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  143

This is obviously good news.  Fisher is a big part of this team and we certainly need him to be a factor in at least the Pitt game.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

USF: Fisher Did Not Violate Policies

Published: Apr 17, 2004

TAMPA - The University of South Florida announced Friday that senior running back/receiver Brian Fisher did not violate USF athletics policies and will not be suspended for two games.

USF said Fisher, the Bulls' offensive MVP in 2003, was only detained - not arrested - last month on charges of owing nearly $17,500 in delinquent child support payments to two women.

``After consulting with the university general council, it was determined that [Fisher] was not arrested [for delinquent child support],'' USF associate athletic director Barbara Sparks-McGlinchy said. ``Therefore, a suspension is unwarranted.''

USF's code of conduct policy requires athletes that are arrested to notify their head coach and associate athletic director Steve Horton within 24 hours, or they would get at least a two-game suspension.

Less than a week after his detainment, Fisher turned himself in and was arrested for driving with a revoked/suspended driver's license, but did notify Coach Jim Leavitt and Horton. If Fisher, who led USF with 936 all-purpose yards last season, had been suspended, he would have missed the season's first two games, against Pittsburgh and Tennessee Tech.

Leavitt could not be reached for comment.

http://bulls.tbo.com/bulls/MGAXSA2Z4TD.html

Well, that's good. We certainly need him.

That's great new for you guys!!!

The fact that a human being...getting FREE Education and room and board...can ignore his 2 illegitimate kids with 2 different women...ignore them...pay them nothing...but technically NOT arrested...can still be considered a great person and a STARTER for the football team!!

This should help ya'll recruit more players, who are dead-beat dads...and how they won't even miss 1 game if they miss payments for YEARS!!!

KL

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Way to stand up to the evil UCF contingent Barbara Sparks McGlinchy. Only winning counts! Fisher's freedom will lead us to victory against Pitt and TT! Is the policy one game missed for every kid you're delinquent in child support payments for? Gotta love adminstration standing up for what's right... this is where football schools stand themselves apart from academic institutions! We are evolving into the Big Four in the state of Florida! This decision goes a long way in showing where the school has their beliefs... sorta like Peter Warrick a couple seasons back (he deserved the Heisman IMO!)

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,501

Gotta ask, if this were just a regular student and not on scholorship what would the reprecussions be ?  Anything ?  This door swings both ways me thinks.  If a student athlete has a problem then he should be punished but if not a student athlete then no punishment ?  We all represent our school so don't give me that hog wash.  Was anyone here(non-athlete/non-scholorship) ever arested for anything during school ?  Did the school get involved ?  How about if you are on an acedemic scholorship ?  What happens ?

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

Make no mistake about this, this could be very bad for USF.  First, the Tribune clearly said he was arrested by USF, then booked by Hillsboro County.  Two different agencies had him, now the story changes.  

The Trib and Times will both be snooping around after this one.  It stinks.  Tell me, if there was a warrent for his arrest, why was he only detained.  

Personally, I am very happy about this, this makes USF look much worse then before.  First you have Royal not being arrested because he had his two year old with him.  Now you have Fisher not being arrested, only detained and booked.  

Someone tell Fisher not to go home bedcuse the cops up there are not part of the USF athletic program as they are at USF.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

::goodbye::

iamwithstupid.gif

violin.gif

whine.gif

cowsleep.gif

tool.gif

need i say more

• Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

NO need to say anymore to me, its obvious what is happening at usf.  All one has to do is read how Royal was not arrested, and now how Fisher was not arrested.  A highschool newspaper could find the story here, so with two newspapers in town, its gonna get fun.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,848
  • Days Won:  22

If you guys would take half the time you spend wishing and waiting for bad things to happent to our program and used it to support UCF, your program would be light years ahead of where it is now.

But i swear i think you guys get more out of negative things coming out of USF than good things coming out of Orlando.