• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Re: Hill...WR or QB???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Qb,

Lets not kid ourselves as of now we have no 3rd string that I would trust comming in if something were to happen. Hill came to USF over LSU, etc. because we were the only school that promised he'd play QB over WR. If he worked his grades up I cannot see it being with the intention of playing QB.

He's a QB for at least another season.

(Aren't these the same people that called Cornelius Ingram an idiot for moving to TE cause he didn't make it as a QB @ UF)

CHill might have had his problems last season but he is also one of our 1st big name recruit changing him this quick after only a couple games would look REALLY bad on the program.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

The most athletically gifted player on the team is going to be a WR in an offense where he'll get 12 catches per year?  Not what one would hope for.  He needs the ball in his hands as much as possible.  Making him a WR in this spread it around offense would be like making Albert Pujols a pitcher.  

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Why is the back-ups dad trying to start controversy on a message board....things that make you go HMMM??

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I say QB, and then we have 3 battling for the spot and may the best QB win.

I don't care who it is, as long as they perform.

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

I would like to see him at a position where he could not fumble . . . . . CB

Having said that he will be a QB because thats what CJL told him he was going to be and thats that. The Jim sold himself out a little bit to get this kid from Miami. (No RS year, ect.) Now we are going to have to watch him ride the pine and waste his ability. If he is going to start at QB I would recommend a sports pychlogist to help him get a grip on his nerves.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

flip,

I did not know you were a father of a backup, my apologies. I was not trying to start anything or upset you. I was merely giving my feelings that this team needs C-Hill as a QB because we have no start now QB and because he was such a big recruit that was promised to play a position.

This is a valid topic! If this were Miami, Ohio State, LSU, etc...Hill would have been moved by now.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

flip,

I did not know you were a father of a backup, my apologies. I was not trying to start anything or upset you. I was merely giving my feelings that this team needs C-Hill as a QB because we have no start now QB and because he was such a big recruit that was promised to play a position.

This is a valid topic! If this were Miami, Ohio State, LSU, etc...Hill would have been moved by now.

lol.. joe, he was talking to chitown.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i say he redshirts because of grades

Safe bets for fall:

1) All three (Julmiste, Hill, and Grothe) will play in the first two games.

2) If Hill has fumble problems - he will be relegated to third string until he learns how to hold the ball like a ball and not a loaf of bread.

3) All three will need to provide they can pass accurately, complete more than 50%, and avoid sacks.  

4) Without a viable passing game, USF could be in for a long season.

----

I could add

5) Some people (maybe including yours truly) will call for Rod Smith's head on a stake.

6) Smazza will point out how USF should be able to field a team full of future NFL all-pro's and failure to do so is all Leavitt's fault.

7) Lotsobull will bet against USF in every game in the prediction contest.

8) At least one USF road game won't be on TV anywhere.

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

RELAX....IBefore you jump down my neck why don't you try reading some of my posts.

My point was on the day we find out Hill is eligible the father of on of the qb's on the roster posts on a message board (and not everyone knows who you are) about the kid changing positions. IMO this is to stir up controversey on the message board as we all know how the board feels about PJ.

I am a Bulls fan and only care that the best be at all positions on the field.

If you have inside knowledge that says he is being considered for a change from qb to wr then mention it if not it just seems to an outsider that you are trying to start something....

Just because you disagree with my opinion there is no reason to flip out....unless that is how you cam e up with your screen name??