• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance, Marketing to fans.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  274
  • Days Won:  0

what about expanding what they call Bulls County?  I think it should reach more people than the area it is now.  Why isn't all of tampa Bulls Country?  

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  60

Nope.  Unless they're willing to work with a set-up that's somewhere along the lines of 2 for 1.

A good dose of winning, and annual home schedules like the one in store for 2007 and we'll do fine in attendance with or without them.

Well I can help you with this, UCF will NEVER do a 2 for 1 with USF.  As long as UCF can get 2 for 1's with the likes of Texas, Miami, VT and others, there is no reason to ever give USF a 2 for 1.  Also, UCF does not need OOC games as bad as USF.  

Good luck with those 5 OOC games every year.

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

Well I can help you with this, UCF will NEVER do a 2 for 1 with USF.  As long as UCF can get 2 for 1's with the likes of Texas, Miami, VT and others, there is no reason to ever give USF a 2 for 1.  Also, UCF does not need OOC games as bad as USF.  

Good luck with those 5 OOC games every year.

I guess UCF found their new AD  ::)

Please, UCF wants us and they want to be in our position (including those 5 OOC games)

(Late 90's/early 2000's)

Ring Ring.

USF: Hello

UCF: Would you be interested in playing us?

USF: NO! Go away!

click..

UCF: ****!

Maybe you have not noticed, but UCF is building their on campus stadium and Texas is coming to town.  Why would UCF ever give USF a 2 for 1.  That is a S. Bien pipe dream.  Someone ask him how USF plans on filling three OOC home games every year?

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Every time someone mentions about students on campus during the weekends, you always say they are gone. When did you go to USF? I recently graduated and this is not the case. Sure there are students that go home, but have you ever thought about those students that work during the weekend?

Students go home during the weekends at every school, not just USF. I know many friends that go home during the weekends and they go to UF, FSU, and UCF. However, to think that every student goes home EVERY weekend is not correct.

Maybe because you don't realize that only 4400 or so students live on campus and the majority live within 5 minutes from campus (42nd, skipper, and 46th ring a bell?) and you don't see this. Maybe you go home every weekend?

USF is making plans to add beds on campus, so the number of students living on campus will increase and eventually USF will lose the “commuter†nametag.

My fiance (from Canada) lived in Fontana Hall. There were I believe 12 rooms in her hall. Of those her and a guy across the hall from her stuck around on the weekends. He roomate even went home to Orlando. I lived in a dorm (grad Dec) for 1 semester, most of the hallway was freshman and most went home on the weekend. Some do stick around, but there is a high rate of people that go home.

I myself rarely went home I worked on weekends (except home game weekends).

I also lived in the Oaks for awhile, mostly grad students, the underclassman I lived next door to was from Sarasota and worked there on the weekends.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Maybe you have not noticed, but UCF is building their on campus stadium and Texas is coming to town.  Why would UCF ever give USF a 2 for 1.  That is a S. Bien pipe dream.  Someone ask him how USF plans on filling three OOC home games every year?

Ahhh, spare us the big Texas visit talk.  Please don't come here explaining why you'll never do this and never do that, then start complaining on your board why a deal hasn't been inked.  If you don't want to play us for a 2 for 1 then fine, we've got others willing to do so.  FIU, and FAU are begging for more games as we speak.

Pipe dream?  Hmmm, call me when the next 1 for 1 deal comes in between us.  Isn't it odd to you that O'Leary is starting to go public about 'wanting' to play us.  As if to say that current negotiations have reached a stalemate (I wonder what's caused the impasse).  He's starting to take the Coach K route, maybe I can shame them to play us.  Why don't you worry about your scheduling and we'll worry about ours.  If your new AD wants to schedule us he knows the number and what it will take.  In the mean time you go get excited about Texas 'potentially' visiting your new stadium.  That should be a fun game for you all, I will give you that.  We've got our 5 OOC games set into 2008 tentatively so we're not begging anyone to play us.

My fiance (from Canada) lived in Fontana Hall. There were I believe 12 rooms in her hall. Of those her and a guy across the hall from her stuck around on the weekends. He roomate even went home to Orlando. I

I lived in Fontana my freshman year (01-02) and sophomore year (02-03). There weren't that many students living in Fontana my freshman year. However, when USF had to rent out Fontana during my sophomore year.. that place was crazy. There are definitely more than 12 rooms on each hallway (there's two hallways; one going north and the other going south).

I believe people assume that everyone goes home because of that **** "commuter" tag that USF has, which is stupid. Once USF adds more beds on campus, we'll hopefully lose that "commuter" tag.

My 2 cents…

Yes, I have noticed.

Do you want to know how? Ok, because stupid UCF fans post on a USF MESSAGE BOARD like if it's part of UCF's religion!

We could careless about your new stadium. Do we wish we could have an OC stadium... sure. But for now, I would rather continue playing at Ray Jay and save money for an OC stadium and go all out when the time is right.

We don't want to build a tin can of a stadium (UCF's)....

But congrats for the stadium and I hope you do get to play Texas. (Murder! How embarrassing)

Ahhh, spare us the big Texas visit talk.  Please don't come here explaining why you'll never do this and never do that, then start complaining on your board why a deal hasn't been inked.  If you don't want to play us for a 2 for 1 then fine, we've got others willing to do so.  FIU, and FAU are begging for more games as we speak.

I hardly think you will find anyone complaining from the UCF standpoint when it comes to a 2 for 1 and I think you know as well as I do, that it will never happen.  UCF's 2007 schedule is complete as well and there are 11 games scheduled for 2008.  I just hope for your sake and USF's sake that FIU and FAU bring over 10,000 fans to the game because from where I am standing, that is a loss of over $200,000.  Smart business.

Pipe dream?  Hmmm, call me when the next 1 for 1 deal comes in between us.  Isn't it odd to you that O'Leary is starting to go public about 'wanting' to play us.  As if to say that current negotiations have reached a stalemate (I wonder what's caused the impasse).  He's starting to take the Coach K route, maybe I can shame them to play us.  Why don't you worry about your scheduling and we'll worry about ours.  If your new AD wants to schedule us he knows the number and what it will take.  In the mean time you go get excited about Texas 'potentially' visiting your new stadium.  That should be a fun game for you all, I will give you that.  We've got our 5 OOC games set into 2008 tentatively so we're not begging anyone to play us.

impass, how about stupidity.  As I said before, lets see how long it takes USF to realize they can't guarantee the payouts those one for ones will want.  As to why UCF wants to play the game, brains, they understand teh financial aspects of the game, also, O'leary is probably pushing for the game because is not a coward like THE JIM.

Yes, I have noticed.

Do you want to know how? Ok, because stupid UCF fans post on a USF MESSAGE BOARD like if it's part of UCF's religion!

We could careless about your new stadium. Do we wish we could have an OC stadium... sure. But for now, I would rather continue playing at Ray Jay and save money for an OC stadium and go all out when the time is right.

We don't want to build a tin can of a stadium (UCF's)....

But congrats for the stadium and I hope you do get to play Texas. (Murder! How embarrassing)

You guys just don't get it, or you just don't want too.  Here is a hint, its more than a football game.  A nationally televised game on ESPN, on campus.  UCF will be able to show off what UCF is all about, not just a football game.  There will be aerial shots all game long showing the campus, new housing, new buildings, new basketball arena.  Think of it as a three hour commercial for UCF.  There is no doubt as to the beauty of UCF's campus, we are trying to show it off, not hide it.

You guys just don't get it, or you just don't want too.  Here is a hint, its more than a football game.  A nationally televised game on ESPN, on campus.  UCF will be able to show off what UCF is all about, not just a football game.  There will be aerial shots all game long showing the campus, new housing, new buildings, new basketball arena.  Think of it as a three hour commercial for UCF.  There is no doubt as to the beauty of UCF's campus, we are trying to show it off, not hide it.

ESPN does this for every school... good for you and having 3 and 1/2 hours of publicity...

At the same time, your football team is getting destroyed...

So Jack (fill in as you so desire)... How 'bout that campus?

It’s beautiful; it’s the only thing going for UCF right now…

You know, I’m very superstitious when it comes to talking about things that haven’t been finalized... You should follow pursuit.