• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McNeese State

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  140
  • Days Won:  0

To a point.  But playing 3 1-A teams in one season goes a bit overboard, don't you think?  Couldn't possible bad losses to the 1-A teams, combined with some slip-ups in their regular 1-AA schedule, cause them to be left out of the 1-AA playoffs?  I'm not sure how that type of scheduling is helpful.

It is being done for money because of the big hole in our budget due to Hurricane Rita.   The only team in Louisiana hurt worse by a hurricane than us was Tulane by Hurricane Katrina.  

Doc

P.S.  I just hope we give you guys a good game.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I just hope we can play a good game and hang close with McNeese.  Maybe if we really bring our A game and the ball bounces our way then we can pull the upset.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Doc,

Let us know where we can send money to help.

RTB

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

playing better opponents is what makes teams better, the harder a team is the better you have to be to beat them

playing better teams is the only way too go

what a waste for usf to play 1aa teams

• Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574

what a waste for usf to play 1aa teams

USF is just supporting a small school.. we're so nice  ;)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

3 1A teams for a 12 game schedule is not much different than 2 in a 11 game schedule.

Best Wishes in rebuilding.

3 1A teams for a 12 game schedule is not much different than 2 in a 11 game schedule.

Best Wishes in rebuilding.

Last time we played more than one was in 2002 when we lost to Nebraska 38-14 and beat Louisiana Monroe 24-19.

Doc

• Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Doc,

What are your chances?

McNeese State and Louisiana-Lafayette agree to play football in 2006

Game hinges on NCAA allowing 1-AA teams to play 12 games this season

April 19, 2006

McNeese State and the University of Louisiana-Lafayette have tentatively agreed to play a football game on Sept. 16 of this year in Lafayette.

The game is pending approval of the NCAA 1-AA committee of a 12th game for 1-AA schools. This vote is expected next week.

McNeese State athletic director Sonny Watkins and Louisiana-Lafayette athletic director David Walker made the announcement of the game.

Schools in division 1-A can play a 12th game beginning this season. The Cajuns are members of the 1-A Sun Belt Conference while the Cowboys belong to the 1-AA Southland Conference.

The game is on the open date for both schools and the kickoff time has been set for 4 p.m.

McNeese State had already completed an 11 game schedule for 2006, one that features six home games and five games on the road, two of those against 1-A South Florida and Toledo.

The pending game between the Cowboys and the Cajuns will be their first since the 1986 season.

The series between the two schools had been one of the biggest in the state when both teams were in the Gulf States and then the Southland Conference, annually drawing standing room only crowd. Louisiana-Lafayette won that last meeting in 1986 by a 33-13 score but the Cowboys hold a 19-15-2 lead in the series.

Good luck on the vote, they should approve.

Doc,

What are your chances?

Good luck on the vote, they should approve.

If you are talking about the chances for the vote, I think it is almost a slam dunk.   The Div I Management Council has approved it and all that is needed is a vote by the Div I Board of Directors to rubber stamp it.

If you are talking about the game with ULL, I don't know.   We are down from where we were in the late 90's and early 2000's and ULL is going to be better than they have been for years.   If it had been three or four years ago, I would say our chances were good.   It depends on how we improve and whether we are back to form.  Also, it was at one time was a big rivalry game.   I think back in the 70's an article in Playboy Magazine had it rated in the Top Ten College football rivalries in the nation.  Anything can happen in rivalry type games.  

Of course, we are just a little I-AA school, we are supposed to lose to you I-A types.   You guys will probably clean our clocks.   You can probably forget about us and start working on your game plan for the second game.   ;)  

Doc

• Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

the second and third games aren't any tougher. after you it's FIU and UCF two cupcakes.