• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pat Julmiste will be the Starter in the fall

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

"For the betterment of the future we must hope Grothe or Hill steps up.  If they do not in time for game #1, you can't hold anyone accountable because kids develop at their own pace. " says sbien

I BEG TO DIFFER

AT THIS JUNCTURE,WE SHOULD HAVE HAD OTHER QBS READY TO TAKE OVER

ABOUT SUPPORTING THIS TEAM

I WOULD EXPECT DIEHARDS TO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT BULLS UP UNTIL THIS YEAR

BUT THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN SO BAD AND BORING AND IF PJ AND USF'S PEE WEE LIKE OFFENSE CONTINUES THIS YEARS I IMAGINE PEOPLE WILL STOP SUPPORTING BULLS IN LARGER NUMBERS

THE EXPECTATION HAS TO BE HIGHER THAN 3 AND OUT MOST OF THE TIME

I HAD 4 SEASON TIX FROM BEGINNING AND WENT TO 8 SHORTLY THEREAFTER BUT WHEN LEAVITT CHOSE SMITH I STOPPED MY  TICKET SUPPORT.

I SIMPLY DONT BUY INTO LEAVITT OR SMITH'S IDEA OF HOW TO RUN A FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

I STILL ROOT FOR BULLS BUT WHY SHOULD I THROW MONEY AWAY?

MORE PEOPLE ARE FEELING LIKE I DID.

IT IS STILL SHCOKING THAT USF DOESNT OWN TAMPA BAY AREA YET

I HATE TO SAY IT BUT WE APPEAR TO BE MAKING SAME MISTAKES AS FTU/OU/OC MADE ON THEIR WAY TO 25 YEARS OF FOOTBALL FUTILITY.

USF BETTER MAKE SOME CHANGES FAST

AND ONE OF THOSE CHAMGES IS NOT TO START PJ

PJ,WHILE HE MAY BE A GREAT KID AND PERSON,ISNT A QB AND WASNT 3 YEARS AGO.

USF SETS FOOTBALL BACK 100 YEARS ALLOWING PJ TO PLAY QB

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

ABOUT SUPPORTING THIS TEAM

I WOULD EXPECT DIEHARDS TO CONTINUE TO SUPPORT BULLS UP UNTIL THIS YEAR

BUT THE PRODUCT HAS BEEN SO BAD AND BORING AND IF PJ AND USF'S PEE WEE LIKE OFFENSE CONTINUES THIS YEARS I IMAGINE PEOPLE WILL STOP SUPPORTING BULLS IN LARGER NUMBERS

THE EXPECTATION HAS TO BE HIGHER THAN 3 AND OUT MOST OF THE TIME

I HAD 4 SEASON TIX FROM BEGINNING AND WENT TO 8 SHORTLY THEREAFTER BUT WHEN LEAVITT CHOSE SMITH I STOPPED MY  TICKET SUPPORT.

I SIMPLY DONT BUY INTO LEAVITT OR SMITH'S IDEA OF HOW TO RUN A FOOTBALL PROGRAM.

I STILL ROOT FOR BULLS BUT WHY SHOULD I THROW MONEY AWAY?

MORE PEOPLE ARE FEELING LIKE I DID.

IT IS STILL SHCOKING THAT USF DOESNT OWN TAMPA BAY AREA YET

I HATE TO SAY IT BUT WE APPEAR TO BE MAKING SAME MISTAKES AS FTU/OU/OC MADE ON THEIR WAY TO 25 YEARS OF FOOTBALL FUTILITY.

USF BETTER MAKE SOME CHANGES FAST

AND ONE OF THOSE CHAMGES IS NOT TO START PJ

PJ,WHILE HE MAY BE A GREAT KID AND PERSON,ISNT A QB AND WASNT 3 YEARS AGO.

USF SETS FOOTBALL BACK 100 YEARS ALLOWING PJ TO PLAY QB

The offensive coaching staff is a much bigger problem than PJ is, and has been since hobbie took over.

That said, I could honestly see PJ in an option offense.  If we're not going to that...let's get a real passer in there.

pj doesnt make good decisions and doesnt think fast enough to be an option qb

he isnt quick enough

usf doenst run an option offense

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

This is the 3rd season in a row we have heard the same argument of why PJ should be the starter because of his experience.  Well I am making a prediction.  I predict that if PJ starts this season while we have two nationally ranked QB's in thier respective recruiting years both with 1 year of experience learning our offensive offense riding the bench this will be the last year I shell out my hard earned money to support this group of Bungles some are calling coaches.  

Sorry to see you go.  The coaches don't like the position either but if you can get the youngsters to produce or a top notch QB recruit to sign I am sure Leavitt will find room for you.

Until then they're working with the best option they have until the better QB skilled youngsters get up to speed.  They can't force them to learn faster then they are, but again, if you can achieve this then I am sure Leavitt would listen.

I will be sorry to see you go, and you'll miss a great 2008 season when we'll be returning potentially 9 starters on defense, and maybe 10 on offense.  Should be fun for those that have the balls to stick around and realize that college isn't the NFL and the talent is there and readily available for the teams willing to pay.  I know the staff could have recruited QB better, lord knows they tried- see Schaeffer (three times), see Ingram, see Weatherford, see Waechtler (he signed but went baseball).  Dumb luck, bad recruiting call it what you want but despite those misses they're still winning.  I didn't realize winning was a bad thing, and it is suppose to be done a certain way and to certain fans requests.  Lord knows they want more out of PJ, lord knows PJ wants more out of himself.

In the end you'll probably get your wish because PJ will probably faulter along the way and either Grothe or Hill will take command and lead us to great things- patience is a virtue.

Again, good luck in your future endeavors.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I agree and C4 wasn't exactly a gutterball out of HS...If I remember correctly many on this board were basically calling him Michael Vick...this program has a lot of talent I wouldn't wuit b/c of this.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Exactly Joe, and Grothe's coming along fine, maybe not quite ready to start game one but possibly eventually during the season.  The receivers are better so even if PJ was playing despite his occasional gutter balls will at least see more of the catchable get caught this season.

We're moving in the right direction and the athletes at all the other positions are pretty good.  Hard to get down on the entire program when there is hope at the one position everyone is complaining about and further that the future looks even brighter.

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  614

Sorry to see you go.  The coaches don't like the position either but if you can get the youngsters to produce or a top notch QB recruit to sign I am sure Leavitt will find room for you.

Excuse me, but isn't it the job of the coaches to recruit,  coach and develop  youngsters into quality players.

Mr Smith has been the QB Coach for about  5 years. In those 5 years who has he developed into a D-1A quality quarterback?  

If you were a top notch highschool quarterback would you be willing to risk putting your future  development into the hands of a coach with his track record at USF?

Would you want to play for a team who's head coach publically stated that they just didn't have the time to coach a freshman QB on the team?

Like Spencer, I've been a  Bulls supporter / seasons ticket holder for a number of years despite never having been a  USF student.   I too have am reaching the point of moving on if Jim Leavitt continues to field the same inept quarterback rather than going with a fresh face..  From what I have heard in the stands, there are many others including USF Alumni who feel the same way.

I

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  57

For what it is worth, I attempted to improve the location of my 8 seats during the renewal process this year.  I was willing to be flexible in moving the seats by not having them all together, but was told that everyone in the sections for which I am eligible to move had renewed their seats.  My ticket rep. went on to state they were having a terrific response to renewals / new ticket sales.

That may not speak to the overall results, but I can tell you whatever sentiment is out there to not renew season tickets hasn't reached my sections...