• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe will be the starter.

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

i just checked

i am still a boy

And the president confirms

bushdinky-thumb.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695
  • Days Won:  0

Apology accepted! :-/ :-/

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  68
  • Days Won:  0

I have been unable to get to any practices so far this spring, but from people I have talked to and some are really good sources here is what they say about the QBs

Hill- great athlete, great arm, everything you want except smarts.  but that was known.  He is having fumbling problems still about 2 a practice, scrimmage times that is.  Who knows how it will turn out.  Does not seem to have many people on this site behind him.

Grothe- Smart, and better runner then expected, however arm is very weak.  Knows where to put it but getting it there seems to be trouble,  Also balls getting batted down often.  Short 5'11.  I know father may argue, about negatives but this is not from me rather other reliable sources.  Everyone is behind him.  I dont think he will get it done personally.  If he does great I will be the first to say I was wrong and celebrate.  

Julmiste-  I know him well, good guy but not a college QB plan and simple.  Sorry Pat love you man.

So for everyone to put Grothe as the starter I disagree.  He has all the things that can be taught.  Hill has all the things that  can not be taught.  Now the question remains can we find someone to teach them.  If so Hill will be head and shoulders above the rest.  Until then it will be a semi close race.  With Hill getting the nod.  

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Leavitt tells you from day one he'll start potential when it comes down to two individuals. If Matt's arm strength is a real problem, you might as well pencil C Hill in to the starters spot. Someone needs to get Matt some flaxseed oil... it helped make Barry Bonds even a greater athlete!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

I thought that GrothEs are was an issue, but have not heard any problems with it ... am not aware of any batted passes, atleast nobody mentioned them to me.

# of batted balls from GrothE =2 Hill fumbles  ???

I would take batted balls over fumbles anyday.

I am still going with GrothE the starter by Game 3

• Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

I have been unable to get to any practices so far this spring, but from people I have talked to and some are really good sources here is what they say about the QBs

Hill- great athlete, great arm, everything you want except smarts.  but that was known.  He is having fumbling problems still about 2 a practice, scrimmage times that is.  Who knows how it will turn out.  Does not seem to have many people on this site behind him.

Grothe- Smart, and better runner then expected, however arm is very weak.  Knows where to put it but getting it there seems to be trouble,  Also balls getting batted down often.  Short 5'11.  I know father may argue, about negatives but this is not from me rather other reliable sources.  Everyone is behind him.  I dont think he will get it done personally.  If he does great I will be the first to say I was wrong and celebrate.  

Julmiste-  I know him well, good guy but not a college QB plan and simple.  Sorry Pat love you man.

So for everyone to put Grothe as the starter I disagree.  He has all the things that can be taught.  Hill has all the things that  can not be taught.  Now the question remains can we find someone to teach them.  If so Hill will be head and shoulders above the rest.  Until then it will be a semi close race.  With Hill getting the nod.  

Get Hill a good coach and he'd be a monster.  With the staff we currently have in place I see little improvement on our O with the same old problems.  A good coach would have made PJ a serviceable QB in 3 years.  A good coach would make Hill a superb QB.  

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Get Hill a good coach and he'd be a monster.  With the staff we currently have in place I see little improvement on our O with the same old problems.  A good coach would have made PJ a serviceable QB in 3 years.  A good coach would make Hill a superb QB.

GREAT POINTS

AND SHAMELESSLY

VERY OBVIOUS