• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

HOT Stands Music, what do you want?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

A few weeks ago I wouldn't have apologized, but one of our moderators asked us to refrain from hijacking threads.

I think they were mainly talking about the numbnuts hijacking every thread into a bash Mac fest .......... of course, if people keep lumping GNR in with Led Zeppelin my eye may start twitching.   ;)

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

Well, since Rush seems to be a fav with the alumni... I'll mention it, gezzz....

Anyway, continue to post SONG PROPOSALS or ideas... as thats why I asked your opinion.  

Either this thead or the new one that the other members started, I'll check both.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

Political Science... Concentration in Emergency Management.... but I've heard of rush... lol...

OK  ;)  I was trying to be funny, but my response was abrupt because I was at work.  Glad you caught the humor.   :D

Seriously, if you want to play some classic rock that olde time alumnus would recognize, then here are some suggestions

Rush - Tom Sawyer  -> most people would recognize the opening parts of this song even if they are not Rush fans

Led Zeppelin - Immigrant Song  -> I heard Purdue's band play the opening part of this song.  The drum section really got into it

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

The RS 500 wasn't based on albums sold. Velvet Underground, I'm sure, was probably outsold by Rush ......... and The Archies.   8)

Alright Bozo.

Velvet Underground?  WTF are they doing now?  WTF have they or their members done in the past 10 to 20 years?  I think I saw Lou Reed sitting in an alleyway shooting heroin last week.

Archies?  Have you seen them on tour?  Not unless you drop some acid and imagine cartoon characters on stage.

The Band?  What is their big song?  "The Weight"? The first line in the chorus goes:  'Take a load off Fanny"?  WTF does that mean?  That sounds like something I did in the Mons Venus mens room after a 40 minute lap dance.

Album sales or not, Canadians or not, hands down Rush is one of greatest bands of rock and roll.  They have only changed one band member after their first album, and that was to add the spectacular drummer and lyricist Neal Peart.  Rush has pushed the envelope of music as well as adapted their sound over several decades.  

They still tour with the same energy they had back in the '70's.  You cannot confuse them with some aging old farts like the Rolling Stones, who are an embarassment to their legacy everytime they take the stage - just look at that Super Bowl halftime show.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

Alright Bozo.

Velvet Underground?  WTF are they doing now?

Great argument...... The Beatles suck, too.

Archies?  Have you seen them on tour?  Not unless you drop some acid and imagine cartoon characters on stage.

I'm speechless on this one .....   :-[

The Band?  What is their big song?  "The Weight"? The first line in the chorus goes:  'Take a load off Fanny"?  WTF does that mean?  That sounds like something I did in the Mons Venus mens room after a 40 minute lap dance.

Album sales or not, Canadians or not, hands down Rush is one of greatest bands of rock and roll.  They have only changed one band member after their first album, and that was to add the spectacular drummer and lyricist Neal Peart.  Rush has pushed the envelope of music as well as adapted their sound over several decades.  

They still tour with the same energy they had back in the '70's.  You cannot confuse them with some aging old farts like the Rolling Stones, who are an embarassment to their legacy everytime they take the stage - just look at that Super Bowl halftime show.

Don't kill the messenger here. I was just going by what music "critics" chose for the Top 500 albums. Hardcore fans of a group will always think their's as one of the greatest ever. Personally, I think Spirit w/Randy California was one of the greatest ever but they really weren't around that long. I'm sure there are Monkees and ABBA fans that would argue you to the death on this, too ...... It's all in perspective.

Sincerely,

Bozo

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I'm sorry, but Rush blows....   Now, I know I'm gonna catch some heat from this but at least I admit my choice in music sucks.

I really didn't think Rush would have been a H.O.T. topic... but whatevea

Does anyone have anything else?

If not, I'll just submit what everyone has already posted.

• Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  1,812

Rush is great