• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCullum bashers: welcome to my thread...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,673
  • Days Won:  424

Finally, I know having an "elite" coach such as Huggins

Hugins is a "name" coach, not "elite". "Elite" coaches win more than one game in the postseason tourneys more often than 25% of the time. I'm glad we're looking to develop our own "elite" coach, whether it's Mac or someone else.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rueben_horowitz

Hugins is a "name" coach, not "elite". "Elite" coaches win more than one game in the postseason tourneys more often than 25% of the time. I'm glad we're looking to develop our own "elite" coach, whether it's Mac or someone else.

LOL.

Do you really hate Huggins that much?

Or did the Dark Side wreck him for you?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

It is not about the talent it is about the coaching.  I went to the Georgetown game and saw 7 guys beat that team in spite of their coach.  Our offense was stagnant to say the least.  Not once did I see great ball or player movement within that offense.  On defense they played man-to-man for 40 minutes.  That is why our opponentt found it so easy to score on out of bounds plays.  Also, that victory is tainted by the fact Georgetown played their worst game of the season.  They missed at least 6 layups from their backdoor cuts.

Yes, coach has the young men playing hard on defense, but there was no discipline from what I saw.  Also, offensive sets did not exist.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Triple, I obviously put ELITE in quotes because I was using the term very loosely. I do not believe he is an elite coach. He is good, but not elite.

LOL.

Do you really hate Huggins that much?

Or did the Dark Side wreck him for you?

Just the facts, ma'am ...... He is what he is.

Difference between me and you, though, is that I'd still support USF hoops even if they hired the underachiever ....

• Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  919
  • Days Won:  0

With the win over GU, Coach now has 3 wins over top 25 teams in the last 12 months.  USF never got 1 win over a ranked opponent in the previous decade.  I'd like to see what he can accomplish with a full, healthy roster.  Thanks to Doug Woolard, we will.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

If you like a mediocre coach McCullum is your man.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

It is not about the talent it is about the coaching.  I went to the Georgetown game and saw 7 guys beat that team in spite of their coach.  Our offense was stagnant to say the least.  Not once did I see great ball or player movement within that offense.  On defense they played man-to-man for 40 minutes.  That is why our opponentt found it so easy to score on out of bounds plays.  Also, that victory is tainted by the fact Georgetown played their worst game of the season.  They missed at least 6 layups from their backdoor cuts.

Yes, coach has the young men playing hard on defense, but there was no discipline from what I saw.  Also, offensive sets did not exist.

We did not play man-2-man for 40 minutes.  It was changed up multiple times.   We had a few minutes here and there of zone, and we even had Capko playing under the hoop on defense a handful of possessions.

I guess you were too hung up on hating Mac to watch the game carefully  :P

Triple, I obviously put ELITE in quotes because I was using the term very loosely. I do not believe he is an elite coach. He is good, but not elite.

Point taken .......