• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Capital One vs Outback

Guest Jim Judy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  677
  • Days Won:  0

go to O town..... tampa is too hard to find.... no one knows if its south....errrrr west.....errrr ...... just go central its much easier... if u want to visit the beach.... cocoa beach and Ron jons only 45 minutes away..

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

You can stay on the beach in Tampa and be much less than 45 minutes from Ybor, but there are many fun nightlife and dinner places on the MANY Beaches  ;D

Tampa area is much better than that Mickey Mouse town  ;)

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

if you are in tampa on a sunday

Oystercatchers is the place to brunch

also a "local" dive with excellent cuban/spanish food

and close to ray jay is La Terasita

best beach (depends on what view you want) is passe-en-grille (sp) in St Petersburg you could lunch at the Don Cesaer Hotel (the pink 4-5 star hotel on the beach)

have fun!

if outback gets 5th bcs and usf wins big east this will become an annual visit for me.

go bulls!

Guest Jim Judy

Right now leaning torwards Tampa sounds like the "Burgh"----a drinking town w/ a baseball problem  ::)

From reports I've seen it would appear that the Gator Bowl has the early inside track for the BCS.

Has anyone flown on Southeastern, very cheap out of Allentown and I can fly back out of Ft. Lauderdale ?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

If JetBlue is convient ... use them ...

Guest Jim Judy

Thanks for all the info I think we will skip the mouse,as long as flight schedule is condusive.

Besides not mentioned only because it must be obvious aren't the hotter women in the Tampa area!!! :) :)

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

ft luaderdale is a decent drive from tampa if you want to fly out of there...  my guess would be about 3.5-4 drive from tampa

Guest S. Bien
if you are in tampa on a sunday

Oystercatchers is the place to brunch

also a "local" dive with excellent cuban/spanish food

and close to ray jay is La Terasita

best beach (depends on what view you want) is passe-en-grille (sp) in St Petersburg you could lunch at the Don Cesaer Hotel (the pink 4-5 star hotel on the beach)

have fun!

if outback gets 5th bcs and usf wins big east this will become an annual visit for me.

go bulls!

You want the best Cuban Sandwiches then go to an Ybor City staple called La Tropicale Cafe, just a block east of Columbia.  Greatest Media Noche sandwiches on the planet.  Best steaks, you go to Bern's because it maybe the only unique experience in this ubiquitous, homogeneous world of steakhouses.  There is nothing like Bern's around the world, for wine, food, and ambiance.

A great modern restaurant is Mise en Place, voted best restaurant in FL a few years ago.  Across from UT.  

Seafood there are so many, for me you could say the Colonnade on BayShore is divine, and wonderful atmosphere.  The odds on is Oyster Catchers, but there isn't a place in town where the Grouper Sandwiches aren't to die for...fresh grouper.

Spanish food, Columbia baby, but La Teresita is great  so is Pepe's, and Valencia Gardens.

Italian, whoa where to start.  If you ever go to Armani's consider it a treat.  Cafe Italia was awesome before they changed the name, now its just great.  

I could go on, and on, but the best part is these are all ethnic restaurants, owned by seasoned, and aged families, and chefs.  No, pre-planned, pre-packaged chains in this bunch.  That's O-Town, Chain Restuarant haven.

Oh, and the Night life, the night life.

Channelside is hoping on weekends, along with Ybor, go to the SOHO district for some eclectic bars, and restaurants like 42nd St. Bistro.  If its outdoors stuff hit the ole Bahama Breeze, or the open air stuff at International Plaza.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Bad news, Bien.  I drove by Cafe' Pepe on Kennedy and it is shut down.  I don't think they had another location.

I think we need to start a Tampa restaurant thread for this, but nothing beats the Sea Bass a la Russa at the Valencia Gardens, if you're looking for Spanish food.  A side of plantanos fritos and I'm one happy man.

I still remember Manual Berro from VG coming on Channel 13 at midnight during Shock Theater with all that food.  I still remember his tag line: "where all rooms are air conditioned".

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

10-4 on the women in Tampa. O town the women ALL look like Mickey Mouse or Pluto!!!  ;D