• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Capital One vs Outback

Guest Jim Judy

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Bad news, Bien.  I drove by Cafe' Pepe on Kennedy and it is shut down.  I don't think they had another location.

Isn't there a "Tio Pepe's" over on 60 on Clearwater just as you come off the Courtney Campbell or is it gone too? I thought they were owned by the same people .......

I think we need to start a Tampa restaurant thread for this, but nothing beats the Sea Bass a la Russa at the Valencia Gardens, if you're looking for Spanish food.  A side of plantanos fritos and I'm one happy man.

There's actually a good Spanish one up here in TT called "Cafe Don José" ........

I still remember Manual Berro from VG coming on Channel 13 at midnight during Shock Theater with all that food.  I still remember his tag line: "where all rooms are air conditioned".

Didn't he do that with Andy Hardy and always said "Salut and happy days, number 576 (or whatever)"?? ............ ****, RTB, you're old!!    ;)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest S.  Bien

Triple,

Yes, Tio Pepe's is a staple, and still owned by the same family.

I've heard of the one in TT and someone said it was good.  

We could go on and on about food.  For old world deli's start at Wright's Deli, and work to downtown at that new Deli across from the BofA building....

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

and we can't forget the unbullievable Bern's desert bar

you don't have to do dinner go striaght to the bar, cozy tv room

with tons of deserts to die for and every after dinner treat you can imagine sherries, aged ports, wines galore ( largest wine list in the SE usa) someone i know droped $3000 on a bottle once and there is a selection over $10K

dinner, the dessert bar and the tour is an event by itself.

make a reservation and enjoy

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Didn't he do that with Andy Hardy and always said "Salut and happy days, number 576 (or whatever)"?? ............ ****, RTB, you're old!!    ;)

Yep.  I remember as a kid, closing all the curtains and watching Shock Theater.  Manual and Andy coming on during a break was a welcome relief to whatever scary movie was playing.

The funny thing was, he did those spots live because the late night crew at 13 never told him about video tape.  If they did, that would mean missing out on all the food he brought in each week.

shocklogo1.JPG

• Topic Count:  1,103
  • Content Count:  1,741

Air Tran would probably be the best bet for AIR SERVICE.   They have a hub in Philly and Pitt, which ever is the most convenient.  

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Sam Seltzer's steakhouse... not exactly my favorite but you do get decent amount of food for the cost.

Its either a place you love or could live without.

Berns is to die for!  The bill is outrageous but it really is worth it.  Never had a better steak than their aged Chateaubriand.

• Topic Count:  1,036
  • Content Count:  7,523
  • Days Won:  10

Don't forget the dessert room!  

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  309

http://www.iflytma.com/

They fly out of Harrisburg into Northside of Orlando and St Pete.

The problem with these small airlines is they only offer 1 or 2 flights a day and they often use secondary airports (St Pete, Orlando Sanford, etc...)  The positive is nonstop flights.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  19

The Columbia and La Terasita are both hard to beat.  There's this little hole in the wall over here not too far from USF called Corona's that is every bit as good if you don't mind the atmosphere, it is definitely a  hole in the wall type of joint.  On the corner of Nebraska and Busch between the Chevron and the Liquor store.   I was born here some 30 something odd years ago, I can remember this guy that used to ride around the neighborhood on an adult trike with a box on the front of it, selling handmade deviled crabs.  Mmmmm.