• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Please explain your support for Mac!

Guest Bullsgobowling

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  192
  • Days Won:  0

You guys are stupid if you think Huggins would not take us to another level. At least Huggy makes the tourney. We can not even win a f***ing game. Lets just recruit a bunch of computer geeks and get our asses kicked every game.  Do you want to win or not ?    

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I honestly dont know how you people can watch the same games that I am and not support coach Mac.

I stole this from Velcro on the atmsophere of the Dome thread:

Good game by our bulls.   We lost the first 5 minutes badly (-18), and ran out of gas in the last 5 minutes (-10)... but the other 30 minutes... we outscored uconn by 17.  Chew on those #'s a bit.  We outscored the #2 team in the country by 17 for 30 minutes of the game....  yikes.   We don't have the horses to be in this game, and yet... we were.   We didn't match up well at all, especially down low, yet somehow we battled and made a game of this.  

TJ and Lighthall, with about 4 minutes left, were talking about the heart and hustle that our players were showing. Diving on the floor and leaving everything on the court, and all of this coming from a team on a 16 game losing streak who should have already quit on it's coach IF the PLAYERS thought he wasnt the right man for the job.

That's the key here. Let's all stop thinking about our own personal opinions and look at the actual players ON the basketball team. Have they quit? Answer is no. In fact, not only have they not quit, but they go out there and put their guts on the floor everynight for coach Mac.

Next year, USF is going to be a very competitive team in the Big East. Had we brought in another coach, he wouldve looked like a hero just by inheriting the talent that will be on the floor, thanks to coach Mac.

Mattis, Buckley, Richardson will all be seniors. Dennis a junior. Cann and Howard, both healthy, will be freshman.

The KEY will be these 2:

Jesus Verdejo, one of the nation's top prep players at Miami Christian in 2002, is transferring from Arizona to the University of South Florida.

A 6-foot-4, 195-pound guard, Verdejo will become eligible in December and have 2 1/2 years of eligibility at USF.

"It's been two years on the bench watching people play," Verdejo said. "I can't wait to get on the court. I'm ready to take USF's program to another level. I want to show people what I can do."

As a freshman at Arizona last season, Verdejo played 26 games, averaging 2.3 points. He was to be redshirted at Arizona this season before deciding to leave.

"Jesus can score with anyone," Arizona coach Lute Olson said before the season. "He just needs to work on the transition from offense to defense."

"I considered South Florida out of high school, but this time there was a whole different staff," Verdejo said. "I'm really impressed with Coach [Robert] McCullum and [assistant] Coach [Greg] Gary."

"Choosing USF was more of a trust issue," said Art Alvarez, Verdejo's coach at Miami Christian. "It's one thing to want him, but they needed him. It's a real good situation for Jesus."

C Kentrell Gransberry 6'8 260 - transfer from LSU

EVERY time Coach Mac has been asked about this guy, he has nothing but great things to say. The last time, he said that Kentrell was dominating every practice.

PG Howard

SG Verdejo

SF Mattis

PF Cann

C Gransberry

B1 Buckley

B2 Dennis

B3 Richardson

B4-7 incoming freshman

Suddenly, we have depth and playmakers. Coach Mac knows how to make a team commit to defense. What we've been needing is playmakers and scorers. Next year's team, by all accounts, should have that.

Coach Mac deserves another year. Period.

Thank you USF for realizing this.

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

lets give him another year with a FULL roster before we can pass judgement..how can you compete in the Big East with half a team

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  594

The KEY will be these 2:

Don't forget Aris Williams. He's a monster beneath that mild-mannered exterior.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  192

Looks like we are going to find out next year.  You can get 12 horrible players to hustle every game. Does not mean they are going to win anything.

I just feel Huggy would win almost instantly.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

these two malcontents aren't going to do a friggin think

we need a guy that can bring in high school studs

not retreads that arent wanted by their current schools

man you guys like sloppy seconds

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

these two malcontents aren't going to do a friggin think

we need a guy that can bring in high school studs

not retreads that arent wanted by their current schools

man you guys like sloppy seconds

Haven't seen 1 McCullum Supporter who thinks RM can RECRUIT better than Huggins.

Big East Hoops is all about RECRUITING!

Huggins would get you there...QUICKLY!

KL

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480

Explain my support for Mac?  Simple, he's the coach of a team of student athletes at an educational establishment that I hold very dear.  Those of you not supporting him are not supporting USF.  Period.

I've been reading all of these BB threads with some amusement mainly because I really could care less about basketball. But (sorry Mike) I had to pipe in and disagree with this statement. There are many ways to support USF but if you believe that someone is damaging the program it certainly wouldn't be supporting the school to support that person. Agree or disagree with their view on Mac is fine but if people feel this way then you certainly can't expect them to support him. Besides supporting someone for no reason other then they happen to be in a position AT your school is a recipe for disaster IMO.

Ok, now I'll let you all go on with your bickering  ;D

Guest rueben_horowitz

Haven't seen 1 McCullum Supporter who thinks RM can RECRUIT better than Huggins.

Big East Hoops is all about RECRUITING!

Huggins would get you there...QUICKLY!

KL

Bingo.

Big mistake to pass him up.

If he could get NBA caliber players to Cincy, he could get even more to Tampa.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

PG Howard

SG Verdejo

SF Mattis

PF Cann

C Gransberry

B1 Buckley

B2 Dennis

B3 Richardson

B4-7 incoming freshman

Good post Shoop but remember Verdejo & Cransberry won't be eligible 'til Jan.  It concerns me that 4 out of 5 will be new starters in the program.  As for your comments on Cransberry, we heard the same about Buckley last season so I take Coach's comments w/a grain of salt.  Buckley lacks consistency which is probably why he didn't get more PT at Purdue.  Not sure Mattis beats him out either.

You did not list Chris Capko either as part of this team unless you were just listing schollies.  In my opinion, Chris deserves a schollie for his senior year for his efforts this yr especially if he's going to be in the PG rotation.  I see him getting 15-18 mins. of PT.

It will be nice to know for the first time in a long time everybody will have a backup that won't be like stepping off the "talent" cliff when subing is done.

If he could get NBA caliber players to Cincy, he could get even more to Tampa.

Not necessarily.  Cincinnatti has/had tradition on it's side.  USF can't maintain winning to create "tradition".  I still would like someone to explain to me the mistakes that were made why USF didn't build on two NITs & two NCAAs appearances in 5-6 yrs back in the early 90s.  I think I've blocked it out.  What happened?